Home Main Category Hunting

World's Luckiest Trash Panda

GrapeApeGrapeApe Posts: 379 Member
edited September 24 in Hunting #1

This rascal has used, AT LEAST, 4 of its lives recently.

Life 1) A “one in a million” occurrence with the conibear trap seen in the top of the video. (Two white spot, the marshmallows used for bait) The “lock bar”  that works with the trip wires to hold it open when it’s set, flipped 180° and got caught between the bars, preventing them from closing completely, allowing it to escape. In all the years I’ve been using these traps, I’ve NEVER seen that happen before.

Life 2) Replaced the trap with one that had, some unnoticed, damage to the trip wires. Allowing it to steal the bait without tripping the trap.

Life 3) Have video of it entering, and stealing the bait from, the live trap you see in the video.

Life 4) Moved the conibear to the anchor point next to the cat’s feeder. (steel cable attached to table leg)  Apparently caught it last night/this morning. Went outside to find the trap tripped, and a HUGE mess where it tried to climb/pull etc until it managed to pull out of the trap and escape.

I’ve about decided it’s going to take no less than “The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch” to kill this frikkin’ thing
"For longer range, use a bigger case. For bigger game, use a bigger bullet." - Dan Johnson

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,226 Senior Member
    Tenacious bastards 
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • GrapeApeGrapeApe Posts: 379 Member
    edited September 24 #3
    yep
    Gotten rid of 4 already, plus one possum

"For longer range, use a bigger case. For bigger game, use a bigger bullet." - Dan Johnson
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,246 Senior Member

I have some of those dorks that need high speed lead poisoning as well
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,800 Senior Member
    I think I posted my trash panda story 5-6 years ago. Rather than go through that again, I'll just say they are tenacious bastards.
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • GrapeApeGrapeApe Posts: 379 Member
    edited September 25 #6

I have some of those dorks that need high speed lead poisoning as well

Nahhh, they need "sleeping pills" I prefer 40gr doses  :D>:)
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 8,189 Senior Member
    My huskish was rough on trash pandas. I watched him run one down, when it turned, he grabbed it and flipped it 10 feet in the air and was on it and it was over before it hit the ground. I was all worried about him getting torn up. Never was a problem.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.