Home Main Category General Firearms

Gun Cases: Silicone-Treated, Sherpa-Lined

Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 4,644 Senior Member
My favorite storage cases are on sale again at Midway.  These are THICK plush Sherpa Lined and silicone impregnated.  My guns have been stored in hot, extremely humid conditions, some for years at a time, and I have never seen a speck of rust on them.  Also they provide excellent protection from gun safe "storage marks", cushioning your guns from dings from being piled into a safe like cordwood.  Also, I can take the rifle out of the safe and throw it in right into my vehicle for a trip to the range without having to look for one of my travel cases if I'm in a hurry.  Best part, on sale they are all under $10.  Cheap compared to the value they protect.

The make them in every size you need from pistols to large scoped guns.  At this point every gun I own is in one of these...

https://www.midwayusa.com/s?searchTerm=Silicone-Treated+Sherpa-Lined

Hint, I buy heavy cardboard hang tags from Office Depot and hang one from the end of every case using a heavy duty rug needle (Walmarts sewing section) and write which gun is in the case. It REALLY helps to find the gun you want in the pile without having to open every case.

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

Replies

• JunkCollectorJunkCollector Posts: 1,399 Senior Member
    Now you tell me.....after I move the cord wood 

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 4,644 Senior Member
    Ha!  That’s probably what’s sitting on your coffee table!  🤣

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

• gunner81gunner81 Member Posts: 655 Senior Member
    I have those for rifles pistols and ARs I just wish the rifle ones were a little bigger to fit a scope
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,565 Senior Member
    They are good protection.  I ha e quite a few
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    gunner81 said:
    I have those for rifles pistols and ARs I just wish the rifle ones were a little bigger to fit a scope
    They now make several sizes of rifle cases to fit length and scope.  I have all my scoped rifles in them and they are actually sized generously.

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

• RaftermanRafterman New Member Posts: 386 Member
    "they are all under $10" Must have been a very short sale since the 40" rifle socks are $12.99 each. Doesn't matter because I've needed more. You cost me $230.13  :#
    edited October 2022 #8
    Rafterman said:
    "they are all under $10" Must have been a very short sale since the 40" rifle socks are $12.99 each. Doesn't matter because I've needed more. You cost me $230.13  :#
    Hummmmmmmm.... Sorry?  :D 

I just checked, the sale ended.  The prices I mentioned were yesterday's.  They are still a good deal even at retail.  I don't mind spending $14 to protect a $1,000 rifle/scope combo.

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

• gunner81gunner81 Member Posts: 655 Senior Member
    gunner81 said:
    They now make several sizes of rifle cases to fit length and scope.  I have all my scoped rifles in them and they are actually sized generously.
    I ordered a couple and if I'm happy I will order a bunch 
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 28,076 Senior Member
    I run similar, though unpadded version, I get from Amazon. Every gun in the vault has one. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,565 Senior Member
    Now that I've moved it's time for a larger safe.  I have them on every gun as they are stacked like coord wood in the safe
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Definitely my fault for not ordering right away. Midway’s free shipping and sale periods are few and far between these days. Still have some pistol socks from my last order but needed rifle socks. Browning SA-22 from 1961 with the wheel rear sight adjustment.
    Rafterman said:
    Definitely my fault for not ordering right away. Midway’s free shipping and sale periods are few and far between these days. Still have some pistol socks from my last order but needed rifle socks. Browning SA-22 from 1961 with the wheel rear sight adjustment.
    Wow, that needs to be protected for sure!  ❤️❤️❤️

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

• Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member J&D Ranch - North Central TXPosts: 2,555 Senior Member
    All of my older blued firearms are in the Cabela's version of those silicone gun socks.  I wipe them down with Mobile One synthetic oil and slide them into the silicone socks without touching the firearm with my hands leaving no finger prints or human oils before putting them in the gun safe.  I love those socks.  
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member J&D Ranch - North Central TXPosts: 2,555 Senior Member
    Rafterman said:
    My pop bought me my 1960 Belgium Browning SA 22LR like yours the year I was born.  It's my pride and joy, still in mint condition.  It funny when the kids come out and we shoot .22's.  Everyone abandons the 10/22's and fight to shoot the browning.   
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
    Free shipping on orders over $49. is on right now. Probably today only knowing Midway.