Home Main Category General Firearms

Do you prefer Lancer or Magpul AR Mags?

GrapeApeGrapeApe Posts: 451 Member
Personally, I prefer the steel feed lips of the Lancers. They seem to hold up better IME.
(Listed alphabetically)
How about you?
"For longer range, use a bigger case. For bigger game, use a bigger bullet." - Dan Johnson

Do you prefer Lancer or Magpul AR Mags? 4 votes

Lancer
25% 1 vote
Magpul
75% 3 votes

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,659 Senior Member
    Horse apiece for function, I have not broken either yet with use, no preference.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 4,610 Senior Member
    MagPul has served me well.  I don’t believe I have any Lancers in my stash so I didn’t vote.

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

• shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Global NomadPosts: 6,071 Senior Member
    Never used Lancer, but I wouldn't be opposed to them. I have probably 15-20 PMags floating around so I have no major motivation to try something else. I've carried milspec aluminum mags with the new followers in unfriendly places without any concern, though I never had occasion to learn if they worked or not first hand. 
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,556 Senior Member
    I have a box full of magpul and 2 Lancers.   Never an issue I just trust magpul
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 28,060 Senior Member
    edited October 2022 #6
    I’ve run Magpul since their first Gen. I’ve been running them long enough to wear out Gen 3 mags. 
    I’ve been running a few Lancer mags since Gen 1. 
    I just got some Gen2/3 Lancers. 

I prefer the less noise from the Magpul (gotta be a field guy to understand quiet). But, do appreciate the metal feed lips of the Lancers. 
    I’ve not worn out a Lancer. 
    Magpul has a shelf life. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 28,060 Senior Member
    When Magpul Mags go, you get double feeds. Once you get the first one……..the Mag is toast. It’s downhill from there. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,696 Senior Member
    Haven't played with Lancers so can't vote with a clean conscience.  I don't have Zee's round count on Mag Puls, but I have been around them enough to know that by the time you kill one, you've most likely gotten your money's worth.

My favorite combo is actually the Mag Pul upgrade anti-tilt follower installed into a quality mil-spec (Colt/Okay Industries) metal magazine body.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee