Home Main Category General Firearms

I'm not sure what to say...other than

JayhawkerJayhawker ModeratorManistee Natl ForestPosts: 18,280 Senior Member
I want one of these...I mean...a can of 1911s!  What's not to love?

Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Replies

• JKPJKP Senior Member North FloridaPosts: 2,677 Senior Member
    Sweet! A similar can of Glocks maybe?  >:)
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 4,610 Senior Member
    I NEED THAT!!!!!! 😍❤️😍

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

• JunkCollectorJunkCollector Posts: 1,388 Senior Member
    That's impressive 
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Pensacola, FLPosts: 10,826 Senior Member
    My poor P-38.....

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,309 Senior Member
    There are supposedly a couple of those full “cans of whoop-ass” in the upstairs storage area of the Springfield Armory museum in Springfield, MA.  They arent on display, but the National Parks guy I spoke to while I was there a few years ago confirmed there was at least one that he knew of.  

If you get a chance, you should go to that museum.  It’s awesome.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Western PAPosts: 8,233 Senior Member
    I went there and there was no one else there. It was a blast, I got a solo tour and as he started to describe X I was like, I have one. Then moved to the next annnnd I have one. They know what they are talking about and it was fun comparing and learning about other variations and how they were made. interesting to find out that people are people to. Like when the continental congress started complaining that the arms were not coming fast enough. In Jan-Feb, in MA, with a water powered industry..
    If you have a big enough group they will take you upstairs. It wont open for just one or two.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,696 Senior Member
    Scott Duff's Garand books discuss something similar.  For storage after the Great Unpleasantness, they came up with a preservative / lube that was thinner than the traditional cosmoline to reduce return-to-service processing time, dipped the rifles in it, then stored the rifles ten to a can.

The book has a photo of these cans that were stacked in a way that resembled the final warehouse shot of Raider of the Lost Ark.

LET. . .ME. . .IN!!! :D 
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,309 Senior Member
    Jayhawker said:
    I want one of these...I mean...a can of 1911s!  What's not to love?

Did anyone zoom in and realize that is a crate of M3 .45ACP Grease Guns behind the barrel of 1911s!?!?

To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • MbellumMbellum Posts: 40 Member
    Looks like they’re nice and fresh!