Home Main Category Clubhouse

Yu boys ever meet somebody so full of poo that it is obvious????

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member NCPosts: 25,221 Senior Member
    The Midway? Really? Did you serve in her?
    Yes, and we were prisoners of the Ayatollah at the time of the failed rescue of the hostages. We called it Gonzo Station.
  • WhitewookieWhitewookie Member South GeorgiaPosts: 181 Member
    NN wrote: »
    Yes, and we were prisoners of the Ayatollah at the time of the failed rescue of the hostages. We called it Gonzo Station.

I was being serious there...The Midway was only decomissioned recently (early 2000's maybe) She served in the gulf war. Since I don't know your age, I thought maybe you had. I could have if I had been in the Navy...
    RV,
    Harry
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." - Robert Heinlein
    I was being serious there...The Midway was only decomissioned recently (early 2000's maybe) She served in the gulf war. Since I don't know your age, I thought maybe you had. I could have if I had been in the Navy...
    So was I, we were the EW det in Midway [79-80] during that time and we actually did call it Gonzo Station and did refer to it as being the Ayatollah's prisoners since we were not going anywhere, but, in circles.

The ship went to Perth instead of Kiwi Land.
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member In the sticks, OHPosts: 5,617 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Reminds me of an appropriate bit of cowboy logic: " A tough guy never has to tell you he's tough, same with an honest guy"

Truer words have never been spoken! Every guy I've ever met that was quick to tell you about how he was the best at this or that, was full of it.
    Guys that are good, don't need to brag.

My good buddy, used to be my foreman, made it a point to fire guys like this BEFORE lunch on their first day. Didn't even let them get half a day in.
    It was hilarious. One older guy told him "Son, I can run anything you got". That dude got fired before 9am.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Dellrose TNPosts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Somehow, the fates should allow, you, and Orchidman, and I to set down and burn some steaks and dispose of a few dozen beers. And record it

I can't vouch for the steaks, but I have seen Ned and Alec consume prodigious quantities of pork BBQ, roast deer shoulder, and more than a few drinks of various kinds. If you can make it to south Tennessee Memorial Day weekend, I'll guarantee you'll have a good time with a bunch of these guys and gals! The 6th. annual Southeast Shoot is getting closer every day.
    Jerry
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    I am bringing halibut and salmon that I caught in Alaska last year down south this year.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    As far as the full of poo people-- I really have no room for the extra poo in my life. I can choose my friends, whom I associate with and do business with. No room for them.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Western PAPosts: 8,233 Senior Member
    If you had the correct clearance you would have been in an aircraft that could have detected it from 20,000 ft. Prowlers were never so equiped. Cobra Ball, (certain tail #'s) was.
    Thats why they went to the ICAPII, had a LGM radar (little green men)
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member East TexasPosts: 10,815 Senior Member
    What other type of guy do you expect to be able to sell a Jennings to? :jester:

(No offense meant - you've been here long enough and learned enough to know that you need to sell them, or make cigarette lighters out of them)
    So was I, we were the EW det in Midway [79-80] during that time and we actually did call it Gonzo Station and did refer to it as being the Ayatollah's prisoners since we were not going anywhere, but, in circles.

The ship went to Perth instead of Kiwi Land.
    OK...gotcha. And yep, we are pretty much contemporaries. I joined the Air Force in 1977.
    RV,
    Harry
    Teach wrote: »
    I can't vouch for the steaks, but I have seen Ned and Alec consume prodigious quantities of pork BBQ, roast deer shoulder, and more than a few drinks of various kinds. If you can make it to south Tennessee Memorial Day weekend, I'll guarantee you'll have a good time with a bunch of these guys and gals! The 6th. annual Southeast Shoot is getting closer every day.
    Jerry

Where at in south Tenn? I'm just down in southern GA, so it's not a long stretch. Mainly will depend on money and work schedules, etc.
    RV,
    Harry
    Thats why they went to the ICAPII, had a LGM radar (little green men)

I wouldn't doubt that the Cobra Ball (RC135S) birds had that...LOL. Even with all the clearances we had, when the guys from Security Services and E-Systems had the back end stuff spun up the maintainers weren't allowed back there. All we could do was go into the cockpit and power up the aircraft. When all that electronic wizardry was off it just looked like a bunch of Star Wars stuff...

People wouldn't believe the capabilities we had, even back in the late 70's.

It was a neat airplane to crew.
    RV,
    Harry
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,659 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    I am bringing halibut and salmon that I caught in Alaska last year down south this year.

My cousins in Alaska treated us to some Buffaloed Halibut when they were home a few years ago, I ate until I had to unbutton my pants. I am with you on the poo producing folks, me and the wife are well past our point with a couple in Scouts with us.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Manistee Natl ForestPosts: 18,280 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    What other type of guy do you expect to be able to sell a Jennings to? :jester:

Maybe he's planning on carrying it in his....um...err...the same place that one guy had a revolver...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned O HI OPosts: 2,645 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Maybe he's planning on carrying it in his....um...err...the same place that one guy had a revolver...
    I would argue the fact that these things are to big and bulky, but that didn't seem to stop the guy with the revolver in jail lol. I was expecting an "Ataboy," at least for selling them. You guys oughta be proud, steering a youngin away from cheap knockoffs lol.
  • gunrunner428gunrunner428 Senior Member Posts: 1,018 Senior Member
    Yep, I met one, just last night. Scary thing was, he was in uniform. I all but expected a South-Parkish "Respect mah a-THOR-i-tay!" by the time our encounter was done.
  • CaptainRoadBlockCaptainRoadBlock Member Posts: 49 Member
    We had arrested this guy for shop lifting a chain saw, and he pled not guilty and it went to a full jury trial. Anyway hes on the witness stand telling about his military service record and how he was stationed in Hanoi in 1969. The judge stops him and said , well what was your duty there? the guy tells him well it was top secret. The judge, as it happens was Army intelligence throughout most of the Vietnam War, and politely explained to him that the only US servicemen in Hanoi were POW's. Then the judge turns to me and said (and im quoting here) " Get this lying piece of sh** out of my court room" and tacked more time onto him for perjury.
    So Officer, why did you shoot my client 8 times? Uh, the magazine ran dry.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Lake County, FloridaPosts: 7,927 Senior Member
    I used to know this guy on the cops who would brag about being in every branch of the Armed Services at one time or another. His best story was while serving in Viet Nam as a special forces type, he killed a North Vietnamese General with his bare hands using a garotte. Needless to say, the rest of us who had to endure these absurd tales would be hysterically laughing once he left the scene.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    Where at in south Tenn?

Close to Huntsville Alabama. Look up "Dellrose TN" on Yahoo Maps.
    Jerry
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Lake County, FloridaPosts: 7,927 Senior Member
    Anyway hes on the witness stand telling about his military service record and how he was stationed in Hanoi in 1969.
    Probably was there with Jane Fonda or maybe his knowledge of geography was bad and he meant Saigon.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    Teach...will do.
    RV,
    Harry
    Teach wrote: »
    Close to Huntsville Alabama. Look up "Dellrose TN" on Yahoo Maps.
    Jerry
    Where do you food shop? The closest place I could find that looked like it has a commercial district is Ardmore or maybe Pulaski.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    Where do you food shop? The closest place I could find that looked like it has a commercial district is Ardmore or maybe Pulaski.
    I found that to be the case when we visited there, must be 20-30 miles to get to a big store, using paved roads at least.
  • bmlbml Senior Member Posts: 1,075 Senior Member
    I found that to be the case when we visited there, must be 20-30 miles to get to a big store, using paved roads at least.

That's good living!! Jerry and Mary have their own slice of heaven. We are 18 miles from the nearest big store ourselves.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member A true 'Southerner'. NZPosts: 8,401 Senior Member

Fayeteville or Pulaski.........when I visit lol.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Senior Member Posts: 2,725 Senior Member
    Closest big store....HA! I live out in the country a little way myself, and it's about 50 feet to the SUPERMARKET! If it's a vegetable, and it grows in "nawth Fladah", I probably have some of it planted! Give me one acre of good dirt, and I'll feed 4 people all year if I can freeze and can the excess!
    I do a lot of food shopping about 20 feet up a tree with a 6.5-06, or just out the back door. The garden usually has tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, peppers of several varieties, and sometimes a few cornstalks. Fayetteville and/or Pulaski has most of the "civilized" facilities we need, especially since Mary has worked at the county hospital in Fayetteville for 20-something years, and the Wal-Mart there has a well-stocked reloading department. The nearest "big city" would be Huntsville, Alabama, about 40 miles southeast. The nearest neighbor is about 1/4 mile down the road, just close enough to be handy, but far enough away we don't cross paths too often. Of course, around here folks for 5 miles in any direction are "neighbors" when anyone is in need! I've seen $10,000.00 raised overnight to help a family whose house burned down, and they had all the clothes they needed and all the food they could eat donated in about the same time frame.
    Jerry
  • dlkdlk Member Posts: 419 Member
    Yu boys ever meet somebody so full of poo that it is obvious????
    Not in person, but I've met you online!:jester:
    STEALTH COMPETENT

I know what I'm doing, it just doesn't look like it.
  • ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned O HI OPosts: 2,645 Senior Member
    dlk wrote: »
    Not in person, but I've met you online!:jester:
    Ouch..... :cool:
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    I worked in a plant with an Oaf that claimed his Uncle had a Russian gun that was full auto, could convert to a pistol, as well as a rifle, then he claimed to have dated Sharon Stone...... :rotflmao:
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996