Home Main Category General Firearms

Walther PPS Anyone?

NCShooterNCShooter New MemberPosts: 21 New Member
I am looking to replace my Beretta Nano and was thinking Glock 26, which I have had before and which would go nicely with my G34. However, I saw the Walther PPS and it looked kind of neat. Similar to the G26 but thinner and a tad rounder on the slide edges. Has anyone had experience with them? I want a gun that will take whatever ammo I have and go bang every time it is supposed to do so.

Feedback?

Thanks - Jay

Replies

• LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    I believe Wambli has one and he just loves it! Sleeps with it in his jammies pocket.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • mythaeusmythaeus Senior Member Posts: 831 Senior Member
    I shot the gun once, nothing to write home about. The mag release lever concept is interesting, supposedly helps with not having the mag accidentally being ejected when traditional mag button is pressed against the body when carry. Not exactly a common problem, but it does happen. Personally, I'd stick with another no-nonsense Glock, but I'm bias.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama
    To continue our ongoing argument, mi hermano, my little KelTec PF9 does all of the above for half the price.

And as regards the PPS, to paraphrase Dr Zira from Planet of the Apes: "It's just so damned ugly!"
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • NCShooterNCShooter New Member Posts: 21 New Member
    Thanks all, for the feedback. Everything I read seems positive, but it is good hearing from those with practical experience.
  • DocProtonDocProton New Member Posts: 2 New Member
    I've had a 9mm pps for over a year now. Very pleased
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,330 Senior Member
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    I believe Wambli has one and he just loves it! Sleeps with it in his jammies pocket.

I didn't know Spider Man jammies had pockets.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,463 Senior Member
    Nice shirt, but man, about the only salt you got now is on the road!
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
    Damn.

NRA Endowment Member
  • BigboreshooterBigboreshooter Member Posts: 155 Member
    I've had a 9mm PPS for nearly a year and I really love it. It is VERY thin, lightweight, accurate, and has a great trigger. It is my favorite carry gun.

Even though it is small and lightweight, it shoots like a much larger gun recoil-wise. It is very pleasant to shoot.

DSCN0699.jpg
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 7,858 Senior Member
    Jay,
    Tell me about the Nano...
    I have never handled one. Thanks!
    NCShooter wrote: »
    I am looking to replace my Beretta Nano and was thinking Glock 26, which I have had before and which would go nicely with my G34. However, I saw the Walther PPS and it looked kind of neat. Similar to the G26 but thinner and a tad rounder on the slide edges. Has anyone had experience with them? I want a gun that will take whatever ammo I have and go bang every time it is supposed to do so.

Feedback?

Thanks - Jay
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    ...because your KelTec is the Sofia Vergara of pocket guns, right? :tooth:

Had to look her up, but OK. :love:

NRA Endowment Member