Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Meanwhile, in the Land of Fruits and Nuts:

Some_MookSome_Mook Posts: 620 Senior Member
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/10-dead-in-shooting-in-monterey-park-calif-with-suspected-gunman-at-large/ar-AA16CcsQ?cvid=7f2ae643145e4055982ee84f16c5bd6b

At least the shooter is not suspected of using an assault rifle - those things are probably illegal in California, so legislation obviously works to prevent monstrous acts of violence
"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
"I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee

Replies

• FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 2,589 Senior Member
    They are regulated to an extreme but if it was an illegal AW they will pass more restrictions and say the perp was a victim of society. 
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 4,604 Senior Member
    Since they couldn’t say he used an “assault rifle” the local LE is now coining a new term.  He used an “assault pistol” with a high capacity magazine.  

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,556 Senior Member
    Since they couldn’t say he used an “assault rifle” the local LE is now coining a new term.  He used an “assault pistol” with a high capacity magazine.  
    I heard the same.
    Assault Pistol with a modified high capacity magazine 
    Not sure how you modify a high cap magazine.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 said:
    I heard the same.
    Party provided talking points meant for the uninformed emotional voters.

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Living in a van, down by the river.Posts: 14,031 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    I heard the same.
    They're saying it was a Cobray M11 (think a semiauto Mac-10) with an extended magazine in the 30 rd. capacity range.  It's all illegal in CA, so.... 
    I'm just here for snark.
    Diver43 said:
    I heard the same.
    They're saying it was a Cobray M11 (think a semiauto Mac-10) with an extended magazine in the 30 rd. capacity range.  It's all illegal in CA, so.... 
    .... so there is no chance of THAT being the case...  they are illegal in California!

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

• BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,694 Senior Member
    Heck, you want doublespeak?  A couple weeks ago, we had a deputy sheriff murdered on a traffic stop by a creature that could accurately be called a "twelve striker".  Governor Gavin's response to this current shooting is "You got to enforce laws".

Ummm. . .sure.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee