Home Main Category General Firearms

Still waitin on a p.p.t. in california

KipstackKipstack Posts: 3 New Member
Well fellow riflepersons, (lolol) It's been since Aug. 22 nd and I have yet been able to find out why I cant be given an answer to whether or not I can buy a gun from my neighbor and transfer it to my name. I have sent e-mails to my state representatives and have not received a response. I sent an e-mail to the d.o.j. in Washington D.C. and did receive a response. It basically stated that I have not been denied ,so , they cant help me? I guess that means that if I get turned down ( eventually) I can then get some help? In the mean time tho, my neighbor just turned 85 years old. I am 67 years young and about to turn 68.Maybe the d.o.j. is hoping that one or both of us will just up and die, or maybe it'the fact that the gun in question is an CMMG mark 5 in 556???just wonderin

Replies

• Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,750 Senior Member
    What state do you live in that requires you to register a rifle in your name?  In GA, all you would have to do is get a receipt signed by the seller.  You could get it notarized if you're still confused. 
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • GrapeApeGrapeApe Posts: 451 Member
    "For longer range, use a bigger case. For bigger game, use a bigger bullet." - Dan Johnson
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Living in a van, down by the river.Posts: 14,031 Senior Member
    edited January 24 #4
    Gene L said:
    What state do you live in that requires you to register a rifle in your name?  In GA, all you would have to do is get a receipt signed by the seller.  You could get it notarized if you're still confused. 
    Read the thread title. There's a clue as to what state and why he has to register THIS type of rifle.
    I'm just here for snark.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Living in a van, down by the river.Posts: 14,031 Senior Member
    BTW, is it the US DOJ or the CA DOJ causing the problem? 
    I'm just here for snark.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,657 Senior Member
    As ask a lawyer, an FFL holder, or your sheriff.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 4,604 Senior Member
    Consider the last two shootings in your state and the national attention the media is giving them. No one in your state will be approving ANYTHING any time soon and the Feds will be of ZERO help.

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

• Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Colorado!Posts: 7,697 Senior Member
    This will be a tactic they will use. Defund the background check agencies and make everyone funnel through them… defacto ban. If it takes a year wo sell guns, meh( their attitude) ffl a will close as the mom and pop stores won’t make it like that. That leaves just the big retailers….. even they won’t want to warehouse a gun for 12+ months… look at Mexico far a clue. One federal gun store. One 
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,556 Senior Member
    Well.  I went to check out a gun shop and bought a 22 rifle.  Background  check is taking forever.  Might have to come back tomorrow
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,556 Senior Member
    It took 3hr and 40 min for my background check to come back and I have a upin 
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 4,604 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    Well.  I went to check out a gun shop and bought a 22 rifle.  Background  check is taking forever.  Might have to come back tomorrow
    Diver43 said:
    They still do a check if you have a CCL?  Here I skip to the front of the line and bypass the call completely .

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

Diver43 said:
    Diver43 said:
    They still do a check if you have a CCL?  Here I skip to the front of the line and bypass the call completely .
    Still have to run the check but no waiting period.  I was the third to be run but first to come back. LGS owner said lately been taking longer and longer.  He is convinced the current administration has something to do with delays.  Pandemic. Run was because of volume, today no excuse 
    But they sure are selling a lot of AR pistols.