Home Main Category Personal Defense

SUPER deal on Norma MHP 9mm ammo

GrapeApeGrapeApe Posts: 451 Member
I'm not affiliated with Palmetto State Armory in any shape, form or fashion...

With that said, they have a daily deal of Norma MHP 9mm 108gr solid copper HP on sale for $0.35/rnd
 You can get it 20rnd box for $6.99
https://palmettostatearmory.com/norma-ammunition-108-gr-monolithic-hollow-point-9mm-ammo-20-box-299740020.html

No idea how well it works, but I bought a BUNCH at this price and figure I can try it, for that price.

It's not much more per round than some of their FMJ offerings, and if it "works" to my satisfaction in gel, I have plenty of SD ammo, and if not, have some good "plinking" ammo.
"For longer range, use a bigger case. For bigger game, use a bigger bullet." - Dan Johnson

Replies

• GrapeApeGrapeApe Posts: 451 Member
    Most of the gel tests I'm finding on youtube show it failing to expand through 4 layers of denim. Bare gel tests are showing 9-10" penetration. 
    Since most folks don't wear 4 layers of denim around these parts, if it's reliable and hits POA, I might carry it.
    "For longer range, use a bigger case. For bigger game, use a bigger bullet." - Dan Johnson
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,657 Senior Member
    So it basically acts like ball ammo from your research?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    No, in bare gel to light clothing, most vids show it expanding to nearly 1" as designed. It's only the "heavy clothing" (4 layers of denim) that seems to give it a problem
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 4,604 Senior Member
    Sounds like a decent summer load for a short barreled pistol.

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

I hope anyone interested bought them yesterday. The sale's ended and the price jumped $1 per 20
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,752 Senior Member
    I bought some of the 380 ACP they had at the same price a few weeks back. Have not shot any yet though.
    edited January 26 #8
    I'd be curious to know how they work for you sako
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,752 Senior Member
    GrapeApe said:
    I'd be curious to know how they work for you sako
    Probably be a bit, shoot at an outdoor range and the weather here has been less than cooperative.
    But when I do, I'll post my impression.
    edited January 27 #10
    Looking forward to it. I have 3 sizes of 9mms and I'll probably gel test them in 2 of them
    ANNNNND, they've got them as a daily deal again today for the $6.99/box