Home Main Category General Firearms

Ruger Charger!

Elk creekElk creek Posts: 7,929 Senior Member
edited March 11 in General Firearms #1
Sako and I went on a gun store crawl this afternoon. We had a great time saw some cool stuff and noticed brass, primers and bullets seem to be coming  back slowly. The second to last stop we found something that Sako is going back for a second look tomorrow. I’ll let him fill you all in later. Me I found my treasure at Scheels of all places…for $245!! I found a Ruger Charger, the original ones with the laminate wood stock. It looks to be unfired and in perfect shape. Man this is cool! Now I’m on the hunt for optics. 
Turns out it’s a first year production gun! 
Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.

Replies

• sakodudesakodude Posts: 4,881 Senior Member
    Yep good day prowling the shops with a few treasures identified.
  • JKPJKP Posts: 2,771 Senior Member
    I've got that same Charger. Lots of fun!
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 12,758 Senior Member
    I have the Keystone version in .22 wmr, it's a blast to shoot
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 5,410 Senior Member
    I hate you 🤬

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

• Elk creekElk creek Posts: 7,929 Senior Member
    I hate you 🤬 

no you don’t!’😘🤣
    sakodude said:
    Yep good day prowling the shops with a few treasures identified.
    Too many! 

JKP said:
    I've got that same Charger. Lots of fun!
    Can’t wait! 
    Diver43 said:
    I have the Keystone version in .22 wmr, it's a blast to shoot
    It should be fun! 
  • FreezerFreezer Posts: 2,753 Senior Member
    I'm trying to thin the herd, and you show me that! Arggg...

You suck!
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Posts: 14,847 Senior Member
    $245? Yeah, wallet would be out in a flash...., you suck
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    So here’s the deal Hoover.  And so Sako knows what I told you via text message.  I’m inviting myself to come along for one of these GS crawls and you guys need to give me a 5 minute head start before you walk in 🤬. 

Call it FNG courtesy. Otherwise I’ll just run you over….
    You’ve been warned.

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

• JKPJKP Posts: 2,771 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    That's what I paid for mine about 15 years ago! Back when eggs were a dollar. 
    So here’s the deal Hoover.  And so Sako knows what I told you via text message.  I’m inviting myself to come along for one of these GS crawls and you guys need to give me a 5 minute head start before you walk in 🤬. 

You’ve been warned.
    Won't help, Andy has radar for those deals. You should have seen him standing guard over the case while we tried to get someones attention to get it out of the case. Pretty sure he even growled at some guy that got to close :D
    sakodude said:

You’ve been warned.
    Won't help, Andy has radar for those deals. You should have seen him standing guard over the case while we tried to get someones attention to get it out of the case. Pretty sure he even growled at some guy that got to close :D

Yes, yes I did! I though about it really hard, I was not going to let that get away!  I’ve had guys swoop in before and “take” gun deals when I stepped away to get help. Wasn’t happening with this one! 
    JKP said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    That's what I paid for mine about 15 years ago! Back when eggs were a dollar. 
    Yep, they were pretty reasonable when they were new. Now find one of the original wood stocked versions! 
  • ZeeZee Posts: 28,403 Senior Member
    Sweet!  I have the same one and really like it. I did the trigger upgrade and it’s worth it. Love my Charger. My boy took his first quail with it (legal in TX). 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • RugerFanRugerFan Posts: 2,865 Senior Member
    I saw one today for around $100 more at a gun show. 
    RugerFan said:
    I saw one today for around $100 more at a gun show. 
    The wood stocks, non AR grip versions aren’t that common….
  • RugerFanRugerFan Posts: 2,865 Senior Member
    It wasn’t wood. Don’t remember the grip. 
    RugerFan said:
    It wasn’t wood. Don’t remember the grip. 
    The first few years were a laminate stock  and solid frame. The latest production guns are take downs and a combo of wood stock and synthetics with AR style grips. 
  • minnesotashooterminnesotashooter Posts: 832 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    You don’t buy guns, just win them right??😂
    CHIRO1989 said:
    You don’t buy guns, just win them right??😂
    Yeah pretty much. Search out the deals, sometimes they find you! 
  • ZeeZee Posts: 28,403 Senior Member
    My boys first quail from 7 years ago with the Charger. 

"To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Posts: 6,112 Senior Member
    sakodude said:

You’ve been warned.
    Do NOT tell Andy you're looking for something unless you're serious about it... because when he finds it you will most likely become serious. The number of guns I have because of him equals how many times we've hung out. 
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
    sakodude said:

You’ve been warned.
    Do NOT tell Andy you're looking for something unless you're serious about it... because when he finds it you will most likely become serious. The number of guns I have because of him equals how many times we've hung out. 
    Well, it ain’t that bad.  I’m just good a finding things…./
    Elk creek said:
    sakodude said:

You’ve been warned.
    Yeah even when I DON’T tell you I need something… 🤣

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

Elk creek said:
    sakodude said:

You’ve been warned.
    True, but they are usually pretty good. 
    Elk creek said:
    Elk creek said:
    sakodude said:

You’ve been warned.
    Oh hell yeah…

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

Elk creek said:
    Elk creek said:
    sakodude said:

You’ve been warned.
    We're all still waiting to hear about one. Maybe before elk season :#
    sakodude said:
    Elk creek said:
    Elk creek said:
    sakodude said:

You’ve been warned.
    We're all still waiting to hear about one. Maybe before elk season :#
    Bla bla bla 
    . I’m busy keeping the golden retrievers in the lap of luxury……//