Executive Order 13575

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberPosts: 4,729 Senior Member
Establishment of the White House Rural Council
Sec. 4. Mission and Function of the Council. The Council shall work across executive departments, agencies, and offices to coordinate development of policy recommendations to promote economic prosperity and quality of life in rural America, and shall coordinate my Administration's engagement with rural communities.

This Council demands membership of these agencies:

(1) the Department of the Treasury;
(2) the Department of Defense;
(3) the Department of Justice;
(4) the Department of the Interior;
(5) the Department of Commerce;
(6) the Department of Labor;
(7) the Department of Health and Human Services;
(8) the Department of Housing and Urban Development;
(9) the Department of Transportation;
(10) the Department of Energy;
(11) the Department of Education;
(12) the Department of Veterans Affairs;
(13) the Department of Homeland Security;
(14) the Environmental Protection Agency;
(15) the Federal Communications Commission;
(16) the Office of Management and Budget;
(17) the Office of Science and Technology Policy;
(18) the Office of National Drug Control Policy;
(19) the Council of Economic Advisers;
(20) the Domestic Policy Council;
(21) the National Economic Council;
(22) the Small Business Administration;
(23) the Council on Environmental Quality;
(24) the White House Office of Public Engagement and Intergovernmental Affairs;

Why do I get the feeling that this Council will have the exact opposite results of it's stated intentions?

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/DCPD-201100431/pdf/DCPD-201100431.pdf
The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand

Replies

• DeanCDeanC Member Posts: 156 Member
    Somebody must have wanted to be a Czar.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,101 Senior Member
    I think its stated intentions are code for "let's urbanize the rural areas." In that case, the Council should do just fine.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • ericbericb Banned Posts: 392 Member
    So, I guess some council from the big city is going to tell rural America how miserable they are ?
    "HunterJoe...You need to stick to topics you know about, which I realize is going to limit your post count."~Dan Johnson
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    I see Soviet style 5 year plans in the offing. Regarding those particular government agencies helping rural areas, that's a lot like a bunch of hungry cannibals helping the missionary into the pot.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• ericbericb Banned Posts: 392 Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    I see Soviet style 5 year plans in the offing. Regarding those particular government agencies helping rural areas, that's a lot like a bunch of hungry cannibals helping the missionary into the pot.

" Five year plans and new deals, wrapped in golden chains. And I wonder, still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain (reign)? "
    "HunterJoe...You need to stick to topics you know about, which I realize is going to limit your post count."~Dan Johnson
  • KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior Member Posts: 1,052 Senior Member
    Oh cool..........more Government............goody goody...................that will help........maybe they will come out in the sticks and fix my roof for me......:rotflmao::mad:
    My idea of a warning shot is when the 2nd bad guy watches his 1st buddy go down....
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,419 Senior Member
    There's a long-standing tradition in rural Tennessee- - - - - -government snooping expeditions can turn into one-way trips!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • wildgenewildgene Senior Member Posts: 1,036 Senior Member
    ...betting the first thing that comes out of it is a $10mil study to figure out how to get these agencies to work together...
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    There's a long-standing tradition in rural Tennessee- - - - - -government snooping expeditions can turn into one-way trips!
    Jerry

:win: Hogs, possums, and buzzards got to eat, same as worms. Hogs like that tender meat and giblets. :drool2:
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,055 Senior Member
    I guess these tools don"t understand the concept of...."Leave me alone..." which is why I'm a rural person to begin with...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • ken55ken55 Senior Member Posts: 781 Senior Member
    If they try this crap in the Rocky Mountain states, they may run into something Obama and his gang doesn't know much about - cowboys :usa:.
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    WTH??? *MORE* Government that is neither wanted or needed? Can you say "lets create some comfy gov't jobs for some friends."?

And we wonder why they can't cut the deficit.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,729 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    I guess these tools don"t understand the concept of...."Leave me alone..." which is why I'm a rural person to begin with...

:that:
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,967 Senior Member
    I like it; I was thinking I needed a job. They just need to add the Dept. of Human Relations.
    I'm fully qualified to head that department up as I am well versed in Human Relations, to include motivational issues. :zzzz:
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • farm boyfarm boy Senior Member Posts: 987 Senior Member
    Let me help your council with my area. STAY OUT!!!!
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13