Home Main Category Clubhouse

My feet shrank, has this happened to anyone here?

shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior MemberGlobal NomadPosts: 6,078 Senior Member
Hey all, I had something strange happen that I recently became aware of. My feet shrank.

By my feet shrank, I mean boots that fit a year ago like a glove (that I only wear occasionally now) are rubbing blisters on my heel, and I measured a full size shorter in my favorite brand of running shoes.

I'm a little baffled. I've heard that once you start barefoot walking/running this can happen from various tendons/etc loosening or tightening, but a full shoe/boot size?

For running shoes it's no big deal, I replace them roughly every 6 months anyway. However, it's a pain for boots, I keep those forever and re-sole them if possible. Boots that I used to do ruck marches in without socks with no problems (I did a 5 day FTX wearing thin ankle socks with one pair, no problems) are now rubbing my heels!

I guess I need to find another pair of boots this weekend :angry:
- I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski

Replies

• Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Panama City, Fl.Posts: 8,695 Senior Member
    My feet got a size bigger.
  • WhitewookieWhitewookie Member South GeorgiaPosts: 181 Member
    My feet never shrank, but as I get older my.... nevermind.

Do boots tighten slightly when re-soled? Seems like my bullhide western boots did slightly....
    RV,
    Harry
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." - Robert Heinlein
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Global NomadPosts: 6,078 Senior Member
    Do boots tighten slightly when re-soled? Seems like my bullhide western boots did slightly....

I've had my favorite (until they shredded my heels last weekend) boots resoled, did it almost two years ago, and they didn't stretch.

I should clarify that these are combat style boots, ala ACU approved types.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Near St. LouisPosts: 3,395 Senior Member
    Normally, when one's feet shrink, they need bigger underwear.

Dan
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • NNNN Senior Member NCPosts: 25,221 Senior Member
    I went from a c to 4w[4E] over the years.

Did you go from American made footwear to Asian made? That will shrink 'em.
  • sherwoodsherwood Senior Member Over taxed in Liberal MarylandPosts: 1,222 Senior Member
    Mine grew by 1 size. I don't mind buying new sneakers but I won't buy new insulated hunting boots. I'll just wear one pair of socks instead of two.
    I may be old but I ain't dead!
    DPRMD
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I wear anything from a 9 1/2 to an 11 depending on the style and who made them, especially in desert boots.

Everything shrinks as you get older.............or sags..... or don't work as good as it used to..and hair starts growing on your ears (other places) and not your haid..............
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • bisleybisley Senior Member East TexasPosts: 10,815 Senior Member
    It's one those mysteries, like when I went flat-footed in my late thirties and my shoe size went from 10-1/2 to 13 in two years time. Just my luck - I had just gotten my first pair of Tony Llama boots, in 10-1/2, of course.
  • EliEli Senior Member Attalla, Alabama.Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    Same as CPJ.

Over the last three years I've lost around 130 pounds. One of the side effects of this is that now instead of having to wear 13's, I can wear 11.5 EW's in the exact same make/model shoes.
  • dlkdlk Member Posts: 419 Member
    My feet shrank, has this happened to anyone here?
    No, but it means you're not pregnant anymore.
    STEALTH COMPETENT

I know what I'm doing, it just doesn't look like it.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Mostly as you get older, your feet stink, not shrink, however there is a rare condition called Erithrodenderitinalis, is an Endocrine related disorder, it causes the feet to seem to shrink, can be quite painful as time progresses, excessive even uncontrollable libido sometimes.

My feet stank, has this happened to anyone here?

Yes, often.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • samzheresamzhere Banned HoustonPosts: 10,923 Senior Member
    I lost about 1/2 size but that was due to my having lost 60+ pounds this year. I have fat feet anyway.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Thanks, now I have image that stuck in My brain.........
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • Bad HabitBad Habit New Member Lowcountry of S.C.Posts: 15 New Member
    mine have grown 2 sizes since i was 30. went from a 10eee to 12 eee in 20 years.
    still didn't get any taller.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,673 Senior Member
    How do you know your feet shrank? Did you measure them or are you going by shoe size?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11