My African Hunt Article got Published!

Wheelsman56Wheelsman56 MemberPosts: 225 Member
Some of you may remember my write up of my Namibian hunt last year. I had a fantastic hunt and took some great trophies.

I originally wrote an account of my hunt so that I could remember all the small details in the future. I had hoped to someday write an article about it and get it published. Low and behold, after graduating from college last year one of my buddies moved down to DC about 15 minutes from where I live and work in VA. We were fishing buddies and partners in crime in college. He works at a conservative publishing company in the District and I joking mentioned that I had an article written about my hunt.

The next day he emails me and says that he brought it up with a publisher who was in the office that day and they wanted my article! Two weeks later my article was published and received 1600 views in the first 8 hours!

Here is the link, please feel free to post comments, both good and bad on the article. Right now there are only a few comments and most of them are very PETA-esque. Check it out if you want to read about my hunt again!

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=49148

DSCN2625.jpg

Replies

• 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,566 Senior Member
    Congrats!
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 27,101 Senior Member
    Great article and very well written! Don't worry about the comments. Nothing brings more jealousy to the surface (like pond scum) than a young man that has been there, done that and wore out the t-shirt too. Great job!
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    Well done! Dont worry about the peta crowd, they havent cought on to the fact that plants have to die too to be a vegetarian....
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 6,955 Senior Member
    Nice work - I put a comment up there to rebut those clowns.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,766 Senior Member
    :worthy:
    Congrats
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 6,742 Senior Member
    Good job!
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,134 Senior Member
    Some of you may remember my write up of my Namibian hunt last year. I had a fantastic hunt and took some great trophies.

I originally wrote an account of my hunt so that I could remember all the small details in the future. I had hoped to someday write an article about it and get it published. Low and behold, after graduating from college last year one of my buddies moved down to DC about 15 minutes from where I live and work in VA. We were fishing buddies and partners in crime in college. He works at a conservative publishing company in the District and I joking mentioned that I had an article written about my hunt.

The next day he emails me and says that he brought it up with a publisher who was in the office that day and they wanted my article! Two weeks later my article was published and received 1600 views in the first 8 hours!

Here is the link, please feel free to post comments, both good and bad on the article. Right now there are only a few comments and most of them are very PETA-esque. Check it out if you want to read about my hunt again!

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=49148

DSCN2625.jpg

Fantastic Wheelsman!!! I love it. Nothing beats an educated Gun Man and Hunter. That's exactly what this world needs more of and less edumacated WHACKOS!!! Anyway congrats on the article and I hope you enjoyed that hunt. :up:

PS- It took me 45 years (Yeah I know I was a little slow getting there) to get my degree, but finally got it in December. Now writing is what I would like to do too. I just need to get out and do something worth writing about, :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,229 Senior Member
    Very cool story...Great write-up!
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,984 Senior Member
    Good article, keeps the memories fresh in your mind.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 14,255 Senior Member
    Awesome! Congratulations.
  • shootershooter Senior Member Posts: 1,186 Senior Member
    Congratulations on a great and memorable hunt with a well written documentation as well. I'm envious to think that someone so young can already have a safari under his belt. :applause:
    There's no such thing as having too much ammo, unless you're on fire or trying to swim!
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Congratulations on both the great article and the awesome hunt you experienced.:applause:
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • Wheelsman56Wheelsman56 Member Posts: 225 Member
    Thanks for all the kind words. I'm am pretty surprised it all worked out! Totally a lucky situation.
  • BigboreshooterBigboreshooter Member Posts: 155 Member
    Great hunt and great article! Congrats on having it published!
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,246 Senior Member
    Maybe you need a new job, hey.
    This message has been deleted
    Here is a picture of the female gemsbok mount.

[taxidermy.jpg
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 27,101 Senior Member
    Beautiful animal!!!
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    The rest are in storage until I get enough space to put them up somewhere. They turned out amazingly.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,134 Senior Member
    Make sure there are no rodents where you store them. They'll eat holes in the skin and eat the antlers-horns off.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    Hey, way cool man, that is awesome indeed. :)
    Hey, way cool man, that is awesome indeed. :)

Thank you sir! Its only one, not nearly as many pieces as you have put together, but I just may have to write some more. They asked me to do a couple more for them.
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    Thank you sir! Its only one, not nearly as many pieces as you have put together, but I just may have to write some more. They asked me to do a couple more for them.

Now that is promising if they ask you to do some more. I think that is great. Good job by the way, good read. I wish you all the luck in the world and I am sure you will have many more years of this type of success.

P.S. I posted a comment on your story page. Mike Price :)
    Now that is promising if they ask you to do some more. I think that is great. Good job by the way, good read. I wish you all the luck in the world and I am sure you will have many more years of this type of success.

P.S. I posted a comment on your story page. Mike Price :)

Thank you Mike for the kind words and for posting a comment on my article. I really appreciate all the posts and comments!