Stashed guns

LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior MemberPosts: 8,337 Senior Member
Without going into detail, who besides me has a few weapons stashed about the house in various rooms? Wife and I no kids to worry about, so we do have some tucked away.

Hey, it's 2AM and I haven't posted lately; sue me! :wink:
“A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,277 Senior Member
    Yes...you are rarely far from a loaded weapon in my little cabin....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • shawn1172shawn1172 Senior Member Posts: 588 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »

Same with my place. There would be more spread about but my girfriend gives me enough grief about what's out and about as is. Without going into too much detail.... I can always grab at least one loaded gun without getting out of bed (always my 1911, sometimes more), the 12 ga. is nearly as close by and the AR and 9mm carbine aren't much further away. Couple more handguns stashed downstairs in different rooms. Plus various bladed weapons, sticks, etc. If I lived alone I'd be able to grab a gun within 3 steps no matter where I was in the house but I have to yield to the woman's sense of overkill.
  • gatorgator Senior Member Posts: 1,720 Senior Member
    :that:
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 19,140 Senior Member
    Yes...you are rarely far from a loaded weapon or two in my little cabin....
    :that: with a small addition :tooth:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    One stashed, but I'm usually carrying something. Even at home. Is that weird? :tooth:

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,003 Senior Member
    Not stashed in the sense most mean here.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,855 Senior Member
    Jeeper wrote: »
    One stashed, but I'm usually carrying something. Even at home. Is that weird? :tooth:

Luis

With a 3 year old around, I have to keep them secure. One in a fast access lock box, and the one on my belt
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    My boy is old enough and has been schooled enough in weapons handling ... Yes! I found out Glocks and magnets go together real well.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,669 Senior Member
    Yes.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • shootershooter Senior Member Posts: 1,186 Senior Member
    No spousal unit, no kids, just me; guns everywhere. Not stashed, just available.
    There's no such thing as having too much ammo, unless you're on fire or trying to swim!
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member

Luis

Yes it is. But I do also.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,830 Senior Member
    shooter wrote: »
    No spousal unit, no kids, just me; guns everywhere. Not stashed, just available.

They let you do this in Illinois ? ;)

yes... even with my 8 yr old daughter around...

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 892 Senior Member
    Not only convenient in an emergency but loaded. I don't plan on having time to find ammo and then load something I need in an emergency. My 4 dogs know better then to touch my firearms without permission, LOL.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,235 Senior Member
    Yes. There's even one in easy reach in the bathroom in case I'm sitting on the thunder mug making a deposit. I'd so hate to be literally caught with my britches down and unarmed. :tooth:
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• 10 AC10 AC Member Posts: 309 Member
    Stashed guns? What, what guns who said I had any guns.

Yeah a a aa maybe a couple.
    Teach
    If you don't have a C&R FFL,you really need to consider getting one----it's a license to spend money, though.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Yes. There's even one in easy reach in the bathroom in case I'm sitting on the thunder mug making a deposit. I'd so hate to be literally caught with my britches down and unarmed. :tooth:

While we often say this as a joke, it is true, you can get caught in such a manner, be prepared, even in the bathroom.

Edited to add: I work at a Automotive Service / fuel station, and many times everyone flakes off without saying anything, and I am there alone.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • AiredaleAiredale Banned Posts: 624 Senior Member
    A Colt Commander next to my bed, a Llama .380 next to my TV seat, and a Ruger Mk ll in the garage. Along with an Airedale that senses everything within 100 yards.
  • QuinianQuinian Senior Member Posts: 707 Senior Member
    Yup... and it was actually he wifes idea so I'm gonna say SHE keeps a loaded 30-30 in the bathroom lol
  • rbsivleyrbsivley Senior Member Posts: 1,055 Senior Member
    There are handguns readily available at my house.
    Randy

Rank does not concur privileges. It imposes responsibility. Author unknown
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member

Well, being unprotected in the latrine could end up being a crappy situation, indeed :tooth::rotflmao::rotflmao:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Medicine HatMedicine Hat Member Posts: 106 Member
    Let me just say that every room in my house has security available, besides what I may be carrying and any given time. I'm just plain too darned old to fight, run, or take a whuppin. But not defenseless.

LOL Exactly why you need to carry one everywhere!

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Yes I usually have an XD, XDM, Glock, or 1911 in a nice padded case, unzipped, loaded, and ready. The guns are in each reach locales around the apartment.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • drsfefadrsfefa Member Posts: 406 Member
    I do.
    Responsible CCW is a lifetime commitment to Avoidance, Deterrence, and De-Escalation.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,277 Senior Member

Luis

No...depending one your particular situation (kids, kids friends,etc) and location, it's often the most responsible decision you can make. The safest place for a loaded firearm in a family environment is in the control of a responsible adult.
    Having lived in a high crime area AND having kids I used to carry from the time I woke to the time I went back to bed. Our kids were all responsible and competent in the use of firearms, however, the same could not be said of the friends they brought home - this alone precluded having firearms "laying around". The neighborhood (heck the entire city) was not "safe"...stupid, potentially deadly stuff in the form of home invasions, armed robberies, gang intimidation, armed drug dealers, went down all the time. Consequently, the adults in the home carried. Now, with the kids grown and on their own, having a firearm close at hand while at home is adequate...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member

You been watching Zombieland lately ...
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,235 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    You been watching Zombieland lately ...

Nope. I haven't watched even one episode of Zombieland. The previews I've seen are too close to late night visits to Walmart! :silly: :tooth:
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 1,859 Senior Member
    Only three outside the safe plus what I carry. The little gun magnets are great for hanging a gun in a convenient place but definitely not child friendly. I collect them all when we have young guests.
    GREAT movie!!! You should watch it Tennmike!!!!

Luis