IRONIC

WalkingtallWalkingtall New MemberPosts: 1 New Member

Going on plane and packed my firearm per:TSA and had suitcase in my van. went to work and walked to nearby diner to get lunch too go. As I walked out two guys asked if I had money I sad no, they said yes. I just put my hand out told them to stop and went for my ankle, acted as if my firearm was in ankle holster. Well they fell for it, one of the very few times I was not armed I call that lucky or crazy.

Replies

• SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Glad it worked out for you. And welcome to the forum.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,467 Senior Member
    Welcome to the forum.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,658 Senior Member
    I'm glad they didn't beat your brains out.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,968 Senior Member
    Welcome aboard, we're changing your screen name to "Lucky".
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • mythaeusmythaeus Senior Member Posts: 831 Senior Member
    When I travel, I don't disarm and lock away my firearm until I am in the parking lot of the airport. Legally, unless your state law prohibits it (formerly an issue in ATL: http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/category/action-items/hartsfield-airports-firearm-ban/), you can carry into non-secured areas of the airport, including the check-in lines. If you informed the check-in person that you are checking your firearm in, in all likelihood you are not going to create a scene unloading and box it up right there (assuming all safety rules are followed). Would I do it at the check-in counter though? Not unless I really have to and will continue to do it in the parking lot.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,803 Senior Member
    I took an old AMT backup .380 with me from Miami to Ohio in the pre TSA days. The woman at the counter told me I had to prove the weapon was empty to her, so I pointed it straight up and pulled the slide back. The rest of the staff behind the counter didn't know what was going on and dropped to the floor...

So be careful how you "check in"

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,582 Senior Member
    What if?

There was a camera recording the event, no audio, you go for your "ankle piece" they pounce on you and get away with murdering you claiming self defense as you made a move that indicated you where going for a firearm, IRONIC?
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • mythaeusmythaeus Senior Member Posts: 831 Senior Member
    bruchi wrote: »
    What if?

There was a camera recording the event, no audio, you go for your "ankle piece" they pounce on you and get away with murdering you claiming self defense as you made a move that indicated you where going for a firearm, IRONIC?

It's a possibility. You're always gambling when you don't have a firearm on you. You just have a better chance of winning/equalizing with one. This time it worked for him, next time, it may not. He needs to be better at when he disarms himself to minimize risks.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,104 Senior Member
    Carry--always.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers