Advice on carrying a 1911 concealed.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• BILLCALLEYBILLCALLEY New Member Posts: 10 New Member
    CPJ, why don't I speak a little bit slower so that you'll fully understand: considering I quite obviously did not "put a link to some site in [my] signature line", since I had no signature line, your reasoning is completely flawed. And not to mention that if a spammer "has links hidden in [his] post", then how could any spammer with half a brain possibly get anyone to click on his invisible, cleverly hidden link? :roll2:

All I was trying to do was to be of some small help to the OP, and to help anyone who may trip across this thread in the future; but all I get for it is some really petty BS complaints and snide remarks from a few wanna-be 'moderators' for doing so.

-Bill :vomit:
  • bmlbml Senior Member Posts: 1,075 Senior Member
    BILLCALLEY wrote: »
    CPJ, why don't I speak a little bit slower so that you'll fully understand: considering I quite obviously did not "put a link to some site in [my] signature line", since I had no signature line, your reasoning is completely flawed. And not to mention that if a spammer "has links hidden in [his] post", then how could any spammer with half a brain possibly get anyone to click on his invisible, cleverly hidden link? :roll2:

All I was trying to do was to be of some small help to the OP, and to help anyone who may trip across this thread in the future; but all I get for it is some really petty BS complaints and snide remarks from a few wanna-be 'moderators' for doing so.

-Bill :vomit:
    OK, dude, chill out a bit. No one called you a spammer. It's been said several times already, but what the heck, I'll repeat it again: When an old thread gets dragged up, it is almost always a spammer that does so.

Your best course of action at this point is to simply browse the forum, maybe introduce yourself, and spend some time among some of the most knowledgeable gun folks on the net.
    scottd wrote: »
    The milk of human kindness is often out dated and curdled.

This is like watching a bunch or **** trying to hump a door knob.....
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    Bill, I get it. You probably did a search on Google and the hit was this thread, which happened to be an old thread. Happens to me quite often when looking stuff up. If I recall its the same thing that brought me to this board back when....

We get hit by spammers often, and this is probably one of the very few (ie count on 1 hand) times that it wasn't spam related. We like to keep the board clean of spam. Hope for what it's worth you could somewhat appreciate that. Please feel free to pull up a chair and stay for a while.

Now, for the more formal introductions, you don't happen to like gladiator movies do you?
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,940 Senior Member

Thanks Knitepoet, but I guess I still don't understand what is so "spam-like" about my post: considering that this thread is about "Advice on carrying a 1911 concealed", why would anyone in his right mind think that my post -- which shows a great way (IMHO) to carry a 1911 concealed -- even remotely think it's possible spam?? And I don't see what I'm "selling" in my post anyway.

Shouldn't a little common sense come into play before accusing someone of spamming??? :uhm:

-Bill
    Since you apparently missed it the first time, I bolded and itallicized the KEY points for you
    "Bill, if you stick around, you'll find that MOST of the time, when a thread this old gets resurrected, it was normally done by a spammer."
    Notice I did NOT say "always" in either place.
    Whenever an old thread gets resurrected, the first thought/fear, is it's a spammer.
    a LOT more threads are resurrected by them instead of folks like you who found the thread another way.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

CPJ, I have been on a lot of firearm forums over the years (in fact, I use to use the old dial-up bulletin boards in the pre-Internet era), and I can safely say to you that a late on-topic post -- no matter if it's a year or two late -- was never automatically assumed to be spam "most of the time". The logic is simply flawed (or paranoid), as was the response here to my innocent posting.

Thanks Sir George for the one and only truly friendly comment I received; but I best be moseying along now, since the Forum regulars here are just not my cup of tea.

Very Best Regards,

-Bill
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,664 Senior Member

but I best be moseying along now, since the Forum regulars here are just not my cup of tea.

-Bill

Bye.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,429 Senior Member
    Hmmmmm - - - - -looks like we just got a visit from Batman with all that stuff on his utility belt. The only thing that seemed to be missing was the "Concealed Carry Permit" badge!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,982 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Hmmmmm - - - - -looks like we just got a visit from Batman with all that stuff on his utility belt. The only thing that seemed to be missing was the "Concealed Carry Permit" badge!
    Jerry

hywtccw.jpg
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
    Wow Teach and CPJ, I'm actually carrying a concealed flashlight (oohhh!), a folding knife (aahhh!), pepper spray (oh-my-God!), two spare mags (ohh-Lordy Lordy!!) -- AND my CCW permit on my belt (how absolutely uncouth of me!).

Well, I'm sure the above equipment must be quite cutting edge for you two "gentlemen", but I can assure you it's not at all rare in the outside world.

-Bill

PS: Are you both really that petty that you think your trivial insults (just like two ten year olds on a playground) are "cool"?
    How about showing us your boots?
    Jerry
    How about showing us your boots?
    Jerry

???????
    You guys best be careful or else your gonna get Judy chopped.
    Sorry Buford, but I don't understand Mall Ninja slang, but if it's the Judy Chop I'm thinking of, then I'm pretty sure most of you guys probably graduated (with honors) from Diemon Dave's Ninja School, where you most likely received advanced degrees in the Ninja Chop, the Karate Chop, and the Judy Chop. :applause:

Looks like I best skeedadle out of here before I get my butt kicked by you, Teach, and CPJ.

The famous Ninja Master Diemon Dave:
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Wow, that went South in a hurry. Bill, just an FYI, but this place is different. I'm sure like the rest of us you've been on all kinds of forums. I have helped moderate another forum for years now. But I can tell you this place is different. I have never seen the like of spam we get here. I mean it's just over the top. So, yes, non-mod members are sick of it. Sorry if you were a victim of collateral damage. Please stay a while and check things out. I promise you, no matter how much you think you know about guns, shooting, hunting, etc. You'll learn a lot if you hang around. I butted heads with a few members when I first came here but I like to think they at least tolerate me now.
    So, hoe many gus do you has?
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
    I was hoping to get more info on those grips. They do look sweet!
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior Member Posts: 1,052 Senior Member
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    BTW, glockman, why do you always !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or ??????????? when you post something?

Probably because that's all.............. that was left.........after I stole all the ....................from....WMG........:jester:
    My idea of a warning shot is when the 2nd bad guy watches his 1st buddy go down....
  • glockman0422glockman0422 Member Posts: 216 Member
    Jerry

LMAO...... batman........thats hilarious.:roll2:
  • Gators960608Gators960608 Member Posts: 47 Member
    Sorry Buford, but I don't understand Mall Ninja slang, but if it's the Judy Chop I'm thinking of, then I'm pretty sure most of you guys probably graduated (with honors) from Diemon Dave's Ninja School, where you most likely received advanced degrees in the Ninja Chop, the Karate Chop, and the Judy Chop. :applause:

Looks like I best skeedadle out of here before I get my butt kicked by you, Teach, and CPJ.

The famous Ninja Master Diemon Dave:

Yes!!! Diamond Dave!
    LMAO...... batman........thats hilarious.:roll2:

I just finished reading Wambli Ska, Razorbacker, and SirGeorgeKillian's very kind comments; but the childish nature of some of the other posters here, such as glockman0422, CPJ, Teach, and their ilk (all, I'm sure, who think they are just so amazingly witty), really wreck many a decent forum. A real shame too; I guess my skin just isn't thick enough to put up with such dull and ill-mannered behavior (I had to put up with it in kindergarten, but I sure don't have to put up with it now).

Best Regards,

-Bill

PS: Not sure why glockman, Teach, and NN still think it's so hilarious and/or bizarre to carry a light, a knife, Mace, and mags, but there's no accounting for taste -- unfortunately.
    PS: Not sure why glockman, Teach, and NN still think it's so hilarious and/or bizarre to carry a light, a knife, Mace, and mags, but there's no accounting for taste -- unfortunately.

You forgot the carry permit, that is the eye catcher.
    Bill, toughen up your skin at least long enough to tell me about those grips!
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • cappy54cappy54 Member Posts: 269 Member
    all i can say is a good belt and holster spare no change
  • glockman0422glockman0422 Member Posts: 216 Member
    I just finished reading Wambli Ska, Razorbacker, and SirGeorgeKillian's very kind comments; but the childish nature of some of the other posters here, such as glockman0422, CPJ, Teach, and their ilk (all, I'm sure, who think they are just so amazingly witty), really wreck many a decent forum. A real shame too; I guess my skin just isn't thick enough to put up with such dull and ill-mannered behavior (I had to put up with it in kindergarten, but I sure don't have to put up with it now).

Best Regards,

-Bill

Hey Bill, I didnt mean anything by my remarks. You do have to admit it is kinda funny. Batman did carry a bunch of things on his belt. I think its great that you can carry all that stuff concealed.If you can pull it off without printing then more power to you. I wish more people would carry their weapons more often. For me, i try to keep my loadout as simple as possible because i like to be comfortable. I usually carry my pistol in an IWB holster and an extra mag in my back pocket(single stack 9mm), a knife clipped to the inside of my pocket and the rest is the normal stuff like keys cellphone etc. I dont know in what state you reside but around here in Florida there is no need to display your permit while carrying your weapon concealed so i keep mine in my wallet.There is no need to get offended by anything we say here. Its all good fun. Besides, Batman is very cool.:wink: Like the saying goes, its better to have it and not need it that need it and not have it.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    Yeah, that Teach and cpj are gonna ruin this forum any day now.

What's it been fellers, 8 years or so? You two really should be ashamed of your childish antics....
    He's welcome to come make his point in person next Memorial Day.
    Jerry
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    I know you are but what am I?

You especially, will be the downfall of this forum. I just know it.... We don't need your kind around here.
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,246 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    You especially, will be the downfall of this forum. I just know it.... We don't need your kind around here.

Says the man who brags about drinking strawberry Yoohoo.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Buffco was responsible for the downfall of Rome, he fiddled around with his fiddle while Rome burned, :jester: soon, the forum will downfall due to his childish antics and pranks !!!
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,180 Senior Member
    funny-animal-captions-hey-mom-said-.jpg
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,330 Senior Member
    attachment.php?attachmentid=2375&d=1349036031
    It looks like you work out. Do you ever hang out at the gymnasium? You never answered about gladiator movies...:popcorn: