Vanguard "Holster"

shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior MemberPosts: 5,420 Senior Member
http://www.ravenconcealment.com/holsters/other-holsters/vanguard-holster/other-holsters-vanguard-holster

What do you guys think of this concept? I'm not a proponent of "Mexican Carry" but I think this might be a good idea for a gun tucked underneath a car seat, in the glove box, or hidden in a messenger bag. Particularly a Glock or similar that lacks a manual safety (I see this as a possible accessory for the Glock 21SF that I'm pining after as a general house/woods/car/CC in a bag gun).

What say you guys?

Vanguard1260-500x500-500x500.jpg
- I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
"It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C

Replies

• gunrunner428gunrunner428 Senior Member Posts: 1,018 Senior Member
    Lookswise, it appears to be made by Trojan, a trigger condom? Functionally, I dunno. Might work as advertised, with a little getting used to. I'd prefer something a bit more secure, especially in a location with a high impact potential (in a car, for instance) - I'd have to know there was a bit more than just simple friction holding things in place.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,967 Senior Member
    There is a video out there someplace, something awkward about it, cannot remember exactly.
    :zzzz:
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,664 Senior Member
    I can see its use. Not having a manual safety or cover for the trigger is what stops me from carrying my P3AT with just a Clip Draw during the hot Florida summers when wearing only a t-shirt, shorts and sandals.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • dlddld Member Posts: 379 Member
    if you are going in that direction

SAF-T-BLOK slides behind the trigger, just poke it out with your finger

pgroup_7037_image_400x600__shadow.jpg
  • tv_racin_fantv_racin_fan Senior Member Posts: 617 Senior Member
    I like it. Might have to get or make myself one.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,845 Senior Member
    in 20+ years of owning/carrying Glocks, I haven't seen the need.
    You going to put something similar on your DA revolvers?
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    in 20+ years of owning/carrying Glocks, I haven't seen the need.
    You going to put something similar on your DA revolvers?

+1

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
    Actually Knitepoet I was thinking of doing exactly that. Since when I mention that I generally just slide my SP101 in my pocket people tend to cringe a bit.

By the way you carry your Glock sans holster?
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    Just don't slide it in your pocket with other stuff and you will be fine.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug

By the way you carry your Glock sans holster?
    My Glocks, occasionally. My similar actioned, EDC Kahr PM40.... only every time I carry it. I don't even own a holster for it
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Good enough for me sir. I generally use a holster with my Kahr but I aint afraid not to. Still I like that vanguard and may well make myself one for the Ruger and the wifes Kahr and my Kahr as well.

I recently purchased a Kholster for my Kahr, one for the wifes and one for the Ruger. I got them mainly to put velcro on them and use them in the wifes purse or my Maxpedition Jumbo.
    :beer:

As cpj so eloquently said, "Keep your booger hook off the bang switch"
    Works for me.
    If something different works better for you..... be my guest :smooch:

Edited to correct a typo

• cappy54cappy54 Member Posts: 269 Member
    I think it's just another gimmick, I've been carying Glocks since 1986 and have never had a problem in, bags, fanny packs iwb, owb, in the woods in the car, truck, and on boats, for that matter just get a trigger lock and carry the key around, my 2cnts.
    So you got no issue with one "gimic" but do have issue with another?