Critical duty ammo

NNNN Senior MemberPosts: 23,966 Senior Member
UPS stopped by with a couple of boxes of subject ammo in .40 S&W.
It looks good. All I can say so far is that the pre-made scoring on the bullet is deeper and wider than critical defense. The jacket seems slightly thicker than critical defense, but, that is just with mark 1 eyeball measurement.
A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.

Replies

• DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Will there be a range report at 11:00 ???
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,966 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    Will there be a range report at 11:00 ???
    No, 0123 on 4/5.

I plan on shooting the same stuff I usually shoot just to see if it seems better. I have the opinion that critical defense expands too fast and it may or why make this newer version?

On a related note, I was wrong with my eval that the scoring was so different. I looked at other cartridges and it seems the scoring is caliber dependant and different for each including the related ammo; that being leverevolution.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,966 Senior Member
    Baby Eagle functioned as expected with this ammo and it shot 3" high.

Into magazines it penetrated 1" and expanded well. I had jacket separation, unlike the two articles by gun writers I read.

Into that water filled OJ jug I use, it made a splash and an entrance and a positive exit hole, unlike critical defense that made an entrance hole, expanded and slipped out a big tear in the back on exit.

In a 3 piece bundle of 2x4, it penetrated 2 2x4s and dented the 3rd. The bundle then flew apart and I lost the bullet.
    The holes in the wood indicated good expansion.

I think it is worth having this ammo and I an going to carry it, replacing power balls.