Home Main Category General Firearms

Good NWTF Banquet

CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior MemberCentral MNPosts: 14,661 Senior Member
Son #1 was good enought to have his name drawn for a Mossberg in .270

and a Thompson Impact in .50 cal

.270 went back to the LGS while we think about it, might just pick up a scope or 2 for some other guns.

Also "won" some other assorted knives, .20 ga. shells, hats and such, not a bad night.
I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Man, you could a given me or linefinder that .270 ya know. Besides, they don't bite. Anyway, congrats on the prizes. What does NWTF stand for?
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Eastern NebraskaPosts: 8,155 Senior Member
    Great scores all around! You guys have way better luck than I ever do. I've never won a thing in these raffles.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,953 Senior Member
    You could just have the 270 re barrelled
    congratulations
    What turkeys you have out your way?
    Besides that big one you see every morning in the mirror :jester:
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Eastern NebraskaPosts: 8,155 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Man, you could a given me or linefinder that .270 ya know. Besides, they don't bite. Anyway, congrats on the prizes. What does NWTF stand for?

National Wild Turkey Federation.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,661 Senior Member
    Thanks, I have no issues with .270's, Son #1 is using the Remington 700 as his deer gun for now and I have a Ruger also, just have no room in the safe for another .270.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    "Winning" is subjective at these things, sometimes you get a nice gun at a good discount, sometimes you break even and some times you win dog food, turkey hunting videos, and gloves:tooth:.

My son actually bouced a ping pong ball into the appropriate Red Solo Cup and had a 1 in 12 chance at the .270.
    Weatherby wrote: »
    You could just have the 270 re barrelled
    congratulations
    What turkeys you have out your way?
    Besides that big one you see every morning in the mirror :jester:

No rebarreling, just a $275 credit at the LGS. I believe the turkeys are Easterns. The wife is wondering if they sell new couches at the LGS.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Thanks, I have no issues .270's, Son #1 is using the Remington 700 as his deer gun for now and I have a Ruger also, just have no room in the safe for another .270.

You're a good man Chiro! There will be a special place in heaven for you.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member crusted in sandPosts: 5,797 Senior Member
    I went to one of those last year and was amazed at the amount of money all the turkey hunters were throwing around for raffle tickets. The ticket packages started at 100.00! Everyone at our table kicked in 20.00 and split one pack of tickets and my buddy won an 870. When we used to go to the CCA banquets, we always went home with armloads of stuff and I've noticed that fisherman are much cheaper than turkey hunters.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me