Test video from the weekend......

orchidmanorchidman Senior MemberPosts: 7,435 Senior Member
Hope this works.........took me ages to figure out how to download the videos from the micro sd card. For some reason it kept filing them other than in my pictures/video folder.

http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/ff132/orchidman_album/Parry%20shooting%20feb%202012/

Yep, that seemed to work.......
Tried out the 'Vantage' camera that I bought on my last trip to the USA. Cable tied it to the forend of the 1187. Had to change my left hand 'grip' slightly by bringing my hand back towards the receiver but it didnt interfere with my shooting luckily.
Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,038 Senior Member
    Nice
    I have a need for speed
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,308 Senior Member
    Nicely done Alec :worthy:
    Though you did miss a couple :jester:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,700 Senior Member
    That is a cool toy, works well under recoil.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,024 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    Hope this works.........took me ages to figure out how to download the videos from the micro sd card. For some reason it kept filing them other than in my pictures/video folder.

http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/ff132/orchidman_album/Parry%20shooting%20feb%202012/

Yep, that seemed to work.......
    Tried out the 'Vantage' camera that I bought on my last trip to the USA. Cable tied it to the forend of the 1187. Had to change my left hand 'grip' slightly by bringing my hand back towards the receiver but it didnt interfere with my shooting luckily.

Great shooting and fantastic video. My god how you are SUCKING right now!!!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,435 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Nicely done Alec :worthy:
    Though you did miss a couple :jester:

:roll2:

The transition from right to left was good for the first 2 birds but after I shot them I was a bit slow on the second transition back to the right.

The only problem with the camera is that it doesnt have instant replay so you can see what went wrong. You can see clearly that I was behind the birds for shots 3 & 4.
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Duck season! Wabbit season! Duck season! Wabbit season!

Cool video. Looking forward to more.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    That is a cool toy, works well under recoil.

Its a good little unit. I am looking forward to mounting it on the 7mm08 when I chase deer. For ducks I had the zoom set on 2x. For deer I will set it on 4x and see how it goes....

Will write a review on it after I test it on the rifle.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,093 Senior Member
    Nice video, Alec.

The only 'strange' part to me, though, was when you shot 5 consecutive times without reloading. That could get you into trouble here.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    Nice video, Alec.

The only 'strange' part to me, though, was when you shot 5 consecutive times without reloading. That could get you into trouble here.

If it was a cull I would have had the extension on the magazine giving me 8+1.

We changed over to unpinned shotguns a few years ago on the basis that the game limit was the overriding factor. The second year of using an 1187 I was sitting in my boat on opening morning, the first mob of mallards came in and I went 5 for 5. Next group came in before I could pick up the birds and I went 3 for 3. A couple of minutes later a mob of 20 flew over and I took out 2 drakes with 2 shots.

Opening day was over in just under 8 minutes. Now, I try to pick out the mallard drakes and take only one or two out of each mob to make the day last.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,622 Senior Member
    Looks like some fun hunting! I remember you buying that camera; looks like it does a good job capturing the action.
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

tennmike wrote: »
    Looks like some fun hunting! I remember you buying that camera; looks like it does a good job capturing the action.

I tried the IR capability out by videoing as I walked around outside the house the other night. Out to about 50' you can id a person and the picture is clear. Will mount it on the .22 the next time I go chasing possums at night to see how good it is.

The only fault I found with it is that in daylight it is hard to see the flashing light that indicates it is recording. Oh, and I havent yet figured out how to rotate the video if the camera is mounted upside down, using the available software. ( Can do it on photobucket)
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 6,818 Senior Member
    Great work, Alec! I've wanted to watch this video since you posted it, but kept forgeting that work won't let me view it. I finally remembered to check it at home and am quite impresed. I love when the birds come in hard and fast like that. Great shots and lovely place you have to shoot there. I have to make it over during duck season one of these years. if you know, how tough is it for an outsider to temporarily import a shotgun over there? Could I bring a semi-auto over as a non-resident?
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    Great work, Alec! I've wanted to watch this video since you posted it, but kept forgeting that work won't let me view it. I finally remembered to check it at home and am quite impresed. I love when the birds come in hard and fast like that. Great shots and lovely place you have to shoot there. I have to make it over during duck season one of these years. if you know, how tough is it for an outsider to temporarily import a shotgun over there? Could I bring a semi-auto over as a non-resident?

Its relatively easy from what I gather to bring in firearms and get a temporary 'Overseas visitors' NZ Firearms licence.
    But if you dont want to go to that trouble, I am sure I will be able to supply one.
    If I get a new Versamax this year, you can use that as I will still have a couple of 1187's as 'spares'. Will be able to set you up with Canada's in both islands now they are on the 'pest' schedule.

Here is a pic of how the cam sits on the 1187. The contour of the camera perfectly matches the hollow in the forend and locks in tight.

franksbirthday002.jpg
  • farm boyfarm boy Senior Member Posts: 987 Senior Member
    I like the custom mount you worked up. It was kinda odd hearing a 12ga be so quite.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    farm boy wrote: »
    I like the custom mount you worked up. It was kinda odd hearing a 12ga be so quite.

Thanks, the original mount made with duct tape interferred with the controls lol.
  • drwalker47drwalker47 Member Posts: 192 Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    Thanks, the original mount made with duct tape interferred with the controls lol.

1911, 30-06, duct tape and WD40 will go a long way to fixin' problems. LOL
    Celebrate life, moment by moment. I plan to enjoy what time I have left, and that means MORE GUNS!