What is a "shoot me first" shirt?

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,970 Senior Member
    BPsniper wrote: »
    Yep. If I'm not working, I'm barefoot or in sandals. Preferable barefoot.

You don't wear those weird toe shoes do ya? If so, do they make a tactical version? I see them as being being handy for gripping limbs and such...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,970 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Thanks. But I forgot ruckus. Just need to be careful when combining fracus and ruckus.

Now THAT is funny....REALLY funny....:rotflmao:
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,656 Senior Member
    Well, seeing as how we have no history of threads anymore since they've been zapped numerous times, guess nobodies charity will benefit.

Ain't that the truth. A lot of pertinent information lost.

How many got the E-Mail?
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    I'm not a big believer in the "Shoot Me First" attire concept. I believe it's just theory as well. But, I still think the Magnum PI shirts and the Photographer/511 vests are just too gay.

I have no clue who did this PhotoChop but ...

sampi1.jpg
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,718 Senior Member
    When I was an LEO, it was common to refer to the colour of our uniforms as 'Pick Me' blue. Reason was that whenever the crap hit the fan, everything was directed at the guy/gal in the blue shirt. It was even referred to in training when discussing responding to armed threats, fights etc as the BG would regard you as more of a threat than some panick stricken civilian.....
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,743 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Not slamming you Sam....merely stating facts....(1) We have discussed this very subject, multiple times over the years (2) You participated in those discussions, using the same rationale and arguments.
    :that:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    I don't wear shirts with "stuff" on it unless it's free or funny as hell to get me to buy one. I don't really care for all the advertising so I'll pass on a lot of the shirts and hats BUT I the heat of commiting a crime do you really think the low lifes are able to read and recognize much more than it's a red shirt, black shirt or such. Now if it has a badge on the chest YES they will likely see that but after that ... if they do they are professionals and you better sit still, shut up and don't do anything stupid.

The one thing I think could really say "shoot me first" is OPEN CARRY ...
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    Nope. While modern weapons are very safe, I still don't like the idea of a Roscoe pointed at my Jimmy.

:uhm: Why would that be an issue for ya? Jimmy would have to be tall enough to tangle with Roscoe, or that's a non-issue... right? :guns: (J/K)

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    :popcorn:
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,507 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Not slamming you Sam....merely stating facts.....(1) We have discussed this very subject, multiple times over the years (2) You participated in those discussions, using the same rationale and arguments.

Your offer is well-intentioned but frivolous, since you are obviously aware that the boards where we had those discussions no longer exist...

funny-alzheimers.jpg
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    funny-alzheimers.jpg
    :rotflmao: :spittingcoffee::up:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• hawk18hawk18 Senior Member Posts: 735 Senior Member
    I'm with BPS on this. When I ran through the woods barefoot, we shot squirrels by aiming at their eyeballs. Now, I wear shoes and I can't even see a squirrel. Shoes have ruined my eyesight!!

Hawk
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Barefoot, hmmmm , one little thorn is all it takes, no thanks, barefoot is how My sister ended up in a hospital after stepping on a buried in the sand broken bottle, 20 or more stitches, again, no thanks.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    Heck, I grew up in the city; my tender little tootsies get sore just going to the mailbox barefoot...
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    hippies.jpg

hippies2.jpg

Smells like a Grateful Dead concert around here lately.:silly::roll2:

Hey, I went to a Grateful Dead concert back in 74, they did a fantastic rendition of "Sugar Magnolia" .......................I'm still a fan (been one since the 60s) and often listen to their music. Listen to American Beauty and Workingman's Dead albums..............................BTW, about the only two of their many albums that had any mainstream commercial success. You just gotta learn to appreciate their music.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,942 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    Barefoot, hmmmm , one little thorn is all it takes, no thanks, barefoot is how My sister ended up in a hospital after stepping on a buried in the sand broken bottle, 20 or more stitches, again, no thanks.
    I empathize with your Sis, I stepped on a potato rake partially burried in the ground and covered by leaves.
    I did have snake boots, but, a tine went through the sole and a inch or more into my foot.
    I fell down in the process and there I was on the forest floor with one foot nailed to the ground.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,616 Senior Member
    What I find a little ironic about this thread is that a few of the folks that scoff at the thought of a "shoot me first" garment calling it urban legend are also the same ones that advocate carrying several weapons and large amounts of ammunition while running down to the corner store to get a loaf of bread. Their reasoning for all the armament is a "just in case" scenario, better safe than sorry, but yet the concept of dressing in a manner of not attracting attention "just in case" is dismissed.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • gunrunner428gunrunner428 Senior Member Posts: 1,018 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    Their reasoning for all the armament is a "just in case" scenario, better safe than sorry, but yet the concept of dressing in a manner of not attracting attention "just in case" is dismissed.

Good point, sir. On those lines, I usually try to keep my clothing in mind in case I have to call in during or after a defensive encounter. I tend to dress in solid colors, nothing that stands out to draw attention yet easily describable. I would feel much more comfortable telling a 911 dispatcher that I'm the one wearing a tan T-shirt and black jeans rather than a camo jacket and a "Kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out" T-shirt.

But then that's just me.
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Hey, I went to a Grateful Dead concert back in 74, they did a fantastic rendition of "Sugar Magnolia" .......................I'm still a fan (been one since the 60s) and often listen to their music. Listen to American Beauty and Workingman's Dead albums..............................BTW, about the only two of their many albums that had any mainstream commercial success. You just gotta learn to appreciate their music.

Chief, I like their music. I just find Deadheads amusing.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Listen to American Beauty and Workingman's Dead albums..............................BTW, about the only two of their many albums that had any mainstream commercial success. You just gotta learn to appreciate their music.
    You forgot "In the Dark" which included their biggest commercial hit "Touch of Gray"

• samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Thanks. But I forgot ruckus. Just need to be careful when combining fracus and ruckus.

True, true... how many a thread has gone awry for much simpler reasons? We shudder to think on it. But do we see such warnings in the Forum Rules? We do not. For the want of a nail...

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
    I was going to start a similar thread. Not asking what it is, but if it had ever resulted in a shooting,fracus, brewhaha, melee, a tangle, throwdown, fisticuffs, etc.

Because I don't think it has. For the average Joe.

Good list of fight calls, cp!

I've worn "shoot me" shirts for ages and the only thing that has ever resulted was that old drunk guy last year. I have however experienced a few angry bar patrons due to my pool shooting. But I used to shoot a pretty mean stick back in the day, which would 'splain it.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
    Good point, sir. On those lines, I usually try to keep my clothing in mind in case I have to call in during or after a defensive encounter. I tend to dress in solid colors, nothing that stands out to draw attention yet easily describable. I would feel much more comfortable telling a 911 dispatcher that I'm the one wearing a tan T-shirt and black jeans rather than a camo jacket and a "Kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out" T-shirt.

But then that's just me.

Fun post, thanks. Thinking about the "kill 'em all" quote, wasn't that originally some bishop or whomever during the Crusades who said that first?

But yeah, if you're "in the biz" and can get a call, makes sense to normally dress neutral.

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    You forgot "In the Dark" which included their biggest commercial hit "Touch of Gray"

I've heard that song, Jerry Garcia doing vocals? I can go online and hit play on te computer and one site will play hours of free GD songs/videos.

Hey, another good album is ACE, by Bob Weir.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,656 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    Fun post, thanks.

Until next time, Take care.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    The radio program Mystery Theater with E.G. Marshal ended:

Until next time.......creaking door....... pleasant dreams..... slam.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    Damn, Karl, you *are* old!! :beer:

NRA Endowment Member
  • tv_racin_fantv_racin_fan Senior Member Posts: 617 Senior Member
    Ojibahine wrote: »
    [/B]

Good news! They make something so you CAN just wear your boxers and still carry the Glock. It's called a belly band. :cool:

But then you have to wear the belly band...
    New proof of my "shoot me first" shirt and cap attire -- assuming you've got issues with either James Joyce or the Houston Texans. Girlfriend and yours truly (now @ 171 lbs w. diet Coke) but still enjoying an early warm spring evening:

3-12.jpg