Home Main Category Personal Defense

New .45 acp double barrel 1911 model.

NomadacNomadac Senior MemberCentral IndianaPosts: 902 Senior Member
An interesting new version of a 1911 model with double barrel in .45 acp. Might be a little hard to carry concealed, but would give you some real firepower. http://conservativebyte.com/2012/03/have-you-seen-the-first-ever-double-barrel-45-caliber-pistol-ready-to-hit-the-shelves/

Would you be interested in buying one?

Replies

• DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    I will take a pass.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Tarpon Springs FLPosts: 1,281 Senior Member
    Sure makes double tap's a bit easier!!
  • samzheresamzhere Banned HoustonPosts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Just guessing it's a photoshop joke. If not, is it designed to actually fire 2 rounds at the same time, or what?

Thinking again, how would the cycling occur? One slide so you'd have to fire both rounds exactly at the same instant or you'd get misfires and jams galore. So it's probably just a pleasant joke.
  • NNNN Senior Member NCPosts: 25,221 Senior Member
    I guess it would have a bigger grip than a glock 20, hey.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    Just guessing it's a photoshop joke. If not, is it designed to actually fire 2 rounds at the same time, or what?

Thinking again, how would the cycling occur? One slide so you'd have to fire both rounds exactly at the same instant or you'd get misfires and jams galore. So it's probably just a pleasant joke.

It is not a joke, the company has a web site and all, for what they most likely want, I would rather a ParaOrdnance, or something a bit more practical.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • BufordBuford Senior Member CA. Beach citiesPosts: 6,722 Senior Member

Did you read the link? I would like to try it.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Living in a van, down by the river.Posts: 14,041 Senior Member

If you look at the actual company's website, you'll find it's designed to fire two rounds at the same time. The "slides" are one piece of steel, with the hammers and possibly the triggers linked. I say possibly because they give the option of linked or independent, keeping you from having to reach super far to pull both triggers.
    I'm just here for snark.
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,581 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    I will take a pass.

Me as well.
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".