Home Main Category Clubhouse

Guns of The Walking Dead

QuinianQuinian Senior MemberPosts: 707 Senior Member
I thought was actually a pretty cool little write up

http://www.armoryblog.com/firearms/the-guns-of-the-walking-dead/

I'll list the guns and let them expand on them in the link

On a side note: How many of these do you guys own? No need to list exactly what if you don't want to I understand that can be a touchy question. Off of that list I have 4 of them

Colt Python .357 Magnum
Mossberg 590 12 Gauge Shotgun
Ruger M77 Hawkeye Bolt-Action Rifle
Glock 17
Mossberg 500 12 Gauge Shotgun
Smith & Wesson 3913 Ladysmith
Beretta 92FS
Remington 870 12 Gauge Shotgun
Horton Scout HD 125 Crossbow
Sig Sauer P226
Browning M2HB Machine Gun
M4A1
Remington 700
Winchester Model 70
Browning Hi-Power

Replies

• EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    Out of the ones listed, I currently own a Remington 870.......I have owned in the past, a Ruger M77, a Glock 17, and a Hi-Power, although it was a Charles Daly, and not a Browning.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,775 Senior Member
    For the life of me, I can't see why they have such a mish-mash of firearms, each one having a different ammo requirement....considering the number of military type firearms and ammo that would be laying around after such an event, every one of them ought to be packing an M-4 and the motorhome should be loaded to the gills with ammo and loaded magazines...also - Hummvees would be a better option that the motley collection of vehicles they are using...

Also...in what episode did the group have a Ma Deuce or an M4?, never saw either one used in any of the episodes
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • shawn1172shawn1172 Senior Member Posts: 588 Senior Member
    Just one, Remington 870. Close on the Glock though, mine's a 19. And my home-built AR isn't quite an M4 but close enough.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,053 Senior Member
    Put me down for 6.............4 model 70's and one each of the 500 and 870....
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • minnesotashooterminnesotashooter Senior Member Posts: 752 Senior Member
    I only own one of them- 870.

I would love to own Hershel's 870, that thing never ran out of ammo!
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    I only own one of them- 870.

I would love to own Hershel's 870, that thing never ran out of ammo!

No kidding! Even the wife commented about the capacity of the Hershel's shotgun.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,894 Senior Member
    Of the "exact" guns listed, I own ZERO,
    I have "similar" models to the Ruger Hawkeye, Glock 17 and Win 70 though (M77 mk 1, G19, Win 670A)
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• QuinianQuinian Senior Member Posts: 707 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    For the life of me, I can't see why they have such a mish-mash of firearms, each one having a different ammo requirement....considering the number of military type firearms and ammo that would be laying around after such an event, every one of them ought to be packing an M-4 and the motorhome should be loaded to the gills with ammo and loaded magazines...also - Hummvees would be a better option that the motley collection of vehicles they are using...

Also...in what episode did the group have a Ma Deuce or an M4?, never saw either one used in any of the episodes

Yeah no kidding. In the first season when they went to Fort Benning and the place had been ransacked by zombies there were tanks, bradleys, humvees, duces, and any and all weapons you could ever want. I actually said to the wife if it were real they would have been collecting up every bit of that equipment
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,708 Senior Member
    Off of that list I have 9 of them

2 = Colt Pythons .357 Magnum
    1 = Ruger M77 Hawkeye Bolt-Action Rifle
    2 = Beretta 92FS
    1 = Remington 870 12 Gauge Shotgun
    2 = Remington 700s
    1 = Winchester Model 70
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,128 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »

In the flashback scene where Shane was at the hospital and the Army was shooting civilians...... Only .50 I recall was on the tank Rick was trapped in.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    In the flashback scene where Shane was at the hospital and the Army was shooting civilians...... Only .50 I recall was on the tank Rick was trapped in.

There was also one at the gate either at Benning or the CDC place. The blonde wanted to take it but was told to leave it because it's too heavy
  • WheelWheel Member Posts: 102 Member
    I like the Python.

The swivel holster is the stuff nightmares are made of.
    Quinian wrote: »
    There was also one at the gate either at Benning or the CDC place. The blonde wanted to take it but was told to leave it because it's too heavy

The one at CDC was an M-60 dolled up to resemble a DShk heavy machine gun....I believe it was a leftover from the Rambo movies...
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,490 Senior Member
    Here's a good list and info on the firearms...

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Walking_Dead,_The
    Overkill is underrated.
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,703 Senior Member
    I have a Remington 700 and an M4gery (close enough).
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,128 Senior Member
    Here's a good list and info on the firearms...

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Walking_Dead,_The

The 8 shot Mossberg is also a Persuader. I have the exact same one....

50579.jpg
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    wow I didn't notice that many different guns! Speaking of that link... I also forgot about the black dude from Jericho. They gonna bring him back or what? I never read the comics so I don't know the story but I love that actor
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,543 Senior Member
    I have the Winchester M70 in 7mm mag. But I love that Python...........:love:

Edited to add: One thing I don't see anyone using that would be ideal in that situation: swords. An effective way to dispatch a walker without excessive noise & unwanted undead attention. I'd be willing to bet there's a shop or two around Atlanta that would have some swords in it. Shoulda grabbed some while they were there.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • Tobias ReaperTobias Reaper New Member Posts: 1 New Member
    I own a Mossberg 500. But I made mods to make it a 590. Really the same gun just added the combat heat shield and a side saddle ammo rack. Not really milspec but a great idea.

Tobias Reaper
    bobbyrlf3 wrote: »
    I have the Winchester M70 in 7mm mag. But I love that Python...........:love:

Edited to add: One thing I don't see anyone using that would be ideal in that situation: swords. An effective way to dispatch a walker without excessive noise & unwanted undead attention. I'd be willing to bet there's a shop or two around Atlanta that would have some swords in it. Shoulda grabbed some while they were there.

If your caught the last 30 seconds of the season final they brought in a new character who uses a sword and has 2 walker "pets" on chains with no jaws or arms
    Quinian wrote: »
    If your caught the last 30 seconds of the season final they brought in a new character who uses a sword and has 2 walker "pets" on chains with no jaws or arms

That's " Michonne " the walkers are her boyfriend and his best friend...she didn't have the heart to kill them...
    Geez that's pretty grim... I think I'd kill my undead wife before cutting her jaw and arms off and leading her around on a chain