Another hunting girl article

rbsivleyrbsivley Senior MemberPosts: 1,055 Senior Member
Actually, I like the online paper and read this article today.

http://gardenandgun.com/article/first-shot
Randy

Rank does not concur privileges. It imposes responsibility. Author unknown

Replies

• gunrunner428gunrunner428 Senior Member Posts: 1,018 Senior Member
    Now that's good writing. Excellent story - appreciate the link!
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    rbsivley wrote: »
    Actually, I like the online paper and read this article today.

http://gardenandgun.com/article/first-shot

This is how I feel about whitetail deer hunting. I can sit in a blind without moving all day. I don't want to eat, go to the bathroom, or get out of the blind for any reason. I had a blind up on a lease in Easel Texas that was 6 feet off the ground and 8'x4'. I would go out at about three oclock in the morning and sleep til dailight. I killed at least 5 deer from that blind and a couple of hogs. The point being is I didn't mind sitting for hours if I thought I could kill a deer. Getting to the blind early in the morning lets the deer get used to your smell and you don't make noise walking to the blind an hour before shooting time.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,830 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    you don't make noise walking to the blind an hour before shooting time.

Huh? You don't make any noise when you walk in the dark? You have GOT to teach me that trick...:jester:
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • AiredaleAiredale Banned Posts: 624 Senior Member
    I'll buy the walking without noise in the dark if you drop the deer getting used to your smell.
    Jim
  • tv_racin_fantv_racin_fan Senior Member Posts: 617 Senior Member
    You guys didn't catch what he said.

"I would go out at about three oclock in the morning and sleep til dailight....and you don't make noise walking to the blind an hour before shooting time."

See daylight around here is closer to 7 AM so walking thru the woods at 3 AM he wont be making noise walking thru the woods at 6 AM sonce at 6 AM he is snoring away contentedly in his blind.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,551 Senior Member
    That is an outstanding article. :up:
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Huh? You don't make any noise when you walk in the dark? You have GOT to teach me that trick...:jester:

Come on Jayhawker, try to keep up here. You don't make noise for several hours before daylight. Trust me, it works.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    You guys didn't catch what he said.

"I would go out at about three oclock in the morning and sleep til dailight....and you don't make noise walking to the blind an hour before shooting time."

See daylight around here is closer to 7 AM so walking thru the woods at 3 AM he wont be making noise walking thru the woods at 6 AM sonce at 6 AM he is snoring away contentedly in his blind.

This is True Tv_racin-fan, and it works, providing you don't sleep til the end of legal shooting time. But if you do that you have more problems than noise or smell.

On a lease I was on in Uvalde, one guy built a blind 10 feet off the ground 8'x8'. He had a fancy porta potty and a bed. He would get to Uvalde from Houston at about 6 PM on a Friday and we may not see him until Sunday Morning. He would take food and bedroll there and stay. We called it the Bedroom blind. That guy consistently killed some of the biggest deer every year. The only problem was that Illegal Mexicans would sleep in it. Uvalde is not far from the border. They would also get corn out of the feeder and grind it in a Molcajete and make tortillas over a fire. But this was no big deal as long as they weren't prowling around the area while we were hunting. They would also break into our cabin and sleep too.
  • FinpeciaFinpecia Banned Posts: 3 New Member
    Oh, that'sGreat Sir !!