Home Main Category General Firearms

Traded an old Colt for a new Taurus

shootershooter Senior MemberPosts: 1,186 Senior Member
I had this old Colt 22 revolver and was always amazed at how large and heavy it was for a .22 rimfire. This 6 shot revolver was every bit as heavy as my Ruger Security Six .357 magnum and my S&W 686 .357 mag. They all have 4" barrels and the 22 caliber is heavier.

A good friend of mine offered to trade me "even up" for my Colt 22 for his Taurus Model 94 revolver, a 9 shot model. This revolver weighs 35% less than my Colt and holds 50% more ammo!!! What's not to like???

He even threw in a brick of ammo. What a deal!!!!!

Here is the old Colt that only had a six round capacity.

diamondback.jpg

This is my new Taurus model 94 that weighs 30% less and holds 50% more ammo! How can you not appreciate that???

taurus94adj.jpg
There's no such thing as having too much ammo, unless you're on fire or trying to swim!

Replies

• shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,985 Senior Member
    Nice try :jester:
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    A Colt for a Taurus? You should have also thrown in a couple of $100 to be fair.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    You know, if this thread was real, people would be coming to hunt you down. :jester:
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,985 Senior Member
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    You know, if this thread was real, people would be coming to hunt you down. :jester:

Yep, to show him my extensive Taurus collection that I'd be willing to swap straight for his Colts...
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,581 Senior Member
    The moment I hit the thread link I realized what this was, still too late, I am getting slow in my older age!
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • shootershooter Senior Member Posts: 1,186 Senior Member
    Sorry, but after Orchidman got us with his "New Zealand" gun ban, I didn't think it would be easy to get another April Fools Day joke in on you guys. But I had to try. :yikes:
    There's no such thing as having too much ammo, unless you're on fire or trying to swim!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Good one, but don't laugh very hard because someone someplace may have made a deal like that..........:yikes:

I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,521 Senior Member
    Some people have all the luck!! Why can't I ever find a deal like that?? I've got a pre war artillary Luger I'd like to dump for a Chiapa!!
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Orchid man Ruined me. I won't bite on something like that again any time soon. Although I did swap my .270 Win. for a nice 7mm08 Savage yesterday. The barrel on the 7mm08 had never been shot. I said screw the breakin and went and put 60 rounds through it without cleaning. Of course I couldn't get it to group after 10 rounds but that has nothing to do with anything in the real world does it?
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior Member Posts: 1,052 Senior Member
    You got Me.......almost puked on the keyboard before I relized what it was.............
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    The very thought made Me want to :vomit:
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    No way was I falling for this one. I will admit that if I found you really did, I would have been speechless to say the least and would not have known how to respond in and appropriate way on this forum.:jester: