Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Know what will happen if Obamas alt energy wet dream comes true???

jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior MemberPosts: 10,269 Senior Member
What would happen if tomorrow, 25% of all US vehicles used CNG instead of gas???

Think......

What does he need for his core voting group???

Where does the wealth he wants to spead come from???

If the Gubment lost 25% of their gas taxes for their entitlement programs, do you think they would cut their spending, or just sock the taxes on NG???

The oil companies are making record profits, and paying record tax revenues. Where will they make up for this tax loss???

It won't be by cutting welfare, that's for sure!
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson

Replies

• QuinianQuinian Senior Member Posts: 707 Senior Member
    Good point. I'd guess they would make up new taxes like insanely high carbon tax. I honestly wouldn't be supprised to see a "breathing tax". Could also quite possibly see an income tax hike
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,269 Senior Member
    Quinian wrote: »
    Good point. I'd guess they would make up new taxes like insanely high carbon tax. I honestly wouldn't be supprised to see a "breathing tax". Could also quite possibly see an income tax hike

NG is cheap now compared to gas which makes a NG car desirable. One of the reasons it's cheaper is that it isn't taxed as bad as gasoline. I'm willing to bet if NG did start to make a dent in the gas monopoly, that would change....
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    We will learn to be more energy efficient like these folks............................:yikes::tooth:

image001-2.jpg

And get rid of pick-up trucks and carry livestock to market by more Earth Friendly means.................

image002.jpg
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    Quinian wrote: »

Ya got that right Quinian, Our US Government, can come up with some pretty innovative ways of introducing new taxes. The average US tax-payer doesn't even realize it until its too late. The wife and I used to sit around and dream up silly propostours ways the US government could tax us. It was fun. OOOOHHHHHHHH I better shut-up, I don't want to give the US government any hints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rotflmao:
    TAXATION without REPRESENTATION,,,,,, uuummmm, the very same issue that helped spawned the US Revolutionary War.
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    If the Gubment lost 25% of their gas taxes for their entitlement programs, do you think they would cut their spending, or just sock the taxes on NG???

The oil companies are making record profits, and paying record tax revenues. Where will they make up for this tax loss???

It won't be by cutting welfare, that's for sure!

Thats a good discussion point, where will the make-up tax come from? It would have to come from NG. I understand that over half of the price of a gallon of gasoline is some type of tax, always has been always will be.
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    New York City had converted many City buses over to CNG many years before I had even heard the name Obama, this is nothing new, and if it is someones "DREAM" Obama can take no credit for it, using propane and CNG to power motor vehicles has been in the works as long as I can remember.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996