Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Romney says Obama will erode the rights of gun owners in speech to NRA

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
Well, he has got to be better than Obammy on the 2A. Now maybe they (REPS) can get down to serious issues and quit cutting down each other.:guns:


http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/04/13/romney-says-obama-will-erode-rights-gun-owners-in-speech-to-nra/?test=latestnews
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
«13

Replies

  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Better than O on 2nd A issues?
    Hmmm, what has O done to restrict weapons? Oh, i know. Less than Romney. . Juuuuuuust sayin......

    Nothing much yet, he is waiting until he has nothing to lose (after his reelection) for his "True Colors" to come out. He uses his political appointees (Atty General) and agency heads to thwart 2A rights whenever he can. Don't thunk for a minute he wouldn't love to disarm the American people.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Nothing much yet, he is waiting until he has nothing to lose (after his reelection) for his "True Colors" to come out. He uses his political appointees (Atty General) and agency heads to thwart 2A rights whenever he can. Don't thunk for a minute he wouldn't love to disarm the American people.
    :that::agree:
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    I think you may be correct. HOWEVER, it is still speculation and what ifs. And IF my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

    Rom-a-loma Ding **** has signed an "assault weapons" ban, clearly stating that they are only meant for destruction and killing people.
    Far as I am concerned, he can kiss a BFMC. :jayhawkerlaughs:

    I bet you vote for Romeny to off set a democrate vote for Obama, and if so, that says enough as far as I and many are concerned, making your complaints irrelevant as far as the outcome is concerned.
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    No use telling me that not voting for him is a vote O. Its my vote, and ill damn well use ot the way i see fit.

    Once again that is irrelevant, because if you don't vote Obama gains an advantage. I don't care who is running against Obama, just the fact he is running against him is all that matters and if I have to hold my nose I will cast one against Obama and I bet you will do the same. Just saying
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    I'm not sure what's worse: Romney giving a speech declaring he's a defender of gun rights; or the simple fact that the NRA let that douche on stage to say it.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

    Adam J. McCleod


  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    I'm not sure what's worse: Romney giving a speech declaring he's a defender of gun rights; or the simple fact that the NRA let that douche on stage to say it.

    Your comments are also irrelevant because Obama will loose to Romeny and we will be rid of Obama which I will not insult with an off color name as you have Romeny.
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    " "Umm even though you supported a ban on assault weapons, and are all for restrictions on sales of guns, its ok to come on our stage and whore for us to. You have changed, right? "

    So well put cpj, well done indeed.
  • blueslide88blueslide88 Member Posts: 273 Member
    cpj wrote: »
    " "Umm even though you supported a ban on assault weapons, and are all for restrictions on sales of guns, its ok to come on our stage and whore for us to. You have changed, right? "

    Romney has every reason to speak to the NRA, and the NRA has every reason to hear him speak and for every member to make a judgement. Newsmax covered the speech and emphasized Romney's extended remarks on the Constitution, freedom and capitalism, and how Obama has discouraged economic health with government regulations, and doing his best to raise taxes. Romney was truly inspiring with his views on freedom and what's needed for economic health. Take a deep breath and read this link:

    http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/romney-obama-nra-convention/2012/04/13/id/435855?s=al&promo_code=EA7E-1
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,713 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    No use telling me that not voting for him is a vote O. Its my vote, and ill damn well use it the way i see fit.

    Been doing that since I was old enough to vote. And nothing is going to change that.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,493 Senior Member
    All the more reason to be careful in who you vote for in the House and Senate. If bad legislation doesn't come TO the President, he can't sign it. Yeah, Mitt may be talking a good game, but that's what he does. It's how he's gotten elected and this far to begin with. Just sayin'...
    Overkill is underrated.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,255 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Better than O on 2nd A issues?
    Hmmm, what has O done to restrict weapons? Oh, i know. Less than Romney. . Juuuuuuust sayin......

    CPJ - I'm the Illinois boy here, so hopefully I can clear this up for you. The political machine of the Chicago Democrats is about as big government, socialist, and anti-gun as any organization you could locate in a lifetime of searching. More to the point, they are extremely good at playing long-reaching, Machiavellian games. Obama is unquestionably working the second term angle for his time to do the most damage, and he knows how to use his subordinates (Holder), for the appearance of keeping his hands clean.

    Imagine where we'd be if the lid HADN'T been blown off Fast & Furious. That was an obvious plot to falsely demonstrate that American guns were the cause of all Latin America's woes, and had it succeeded, Obama and his congressional supporters would be drumming for all sorts of gun control measures. As things have turned out, all he can do is bide his time and keep appointing lefties to high positions.

    Keep in mind the phrase "DEMOCRAT FROM CHICAGO". It should tell you all you need to know about the man currently in the White House. I'm not saying that a "Republican from Massachusetts" is a great thing, but given the choices, I'd rather deal with an unfortunately-timed fart than a backed-up sewer line.
    WWJMBD?

    "Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Romney has every reason to speak to the NRA, and the NRA has every reason to hear him speak and for every member to make a judgement. Newsmax covered the speech and emphasized Romney's extended remarks on the Constitution, freedom and capitalism, and how Obama has discouraged economic health with government regulations, and doing his best to raise taxes. Romney was truly inspiring with his views on freedom and what's needed for economic health. Take a deep breath and read this link:

    http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/romney-obama-nra-convention/2012/04/13/id/435855?s=al&promo_code=EA7E-1

    Your only argument is that I should believe what Romney says. Really? What is a politician's spoken word worth? Are you that freaking naive?
    YOU can believe every single word that comes out of Romney's mouth. His RECORD speaks to me. RomneyCare is six years old and he BANNED a class of weapons as the executive of his state.

    Sorry, but NEWSMAX hacking for the GOP does not make Romney a conservative.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

    Adam J. McCleod


  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    . I knew folks would ignore the fact that a man who WAS IN FAVOR OF AN ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN AND OTHER OPPRESSIVE GUN LAWS got on stage at an NRA convention of all places to toot his own horn, only to say "well, he is much better than Obama, anything he has done before is OK with us, as long as O gets voted out."
    Disgusting, really.

    :that:
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

    Adam J. McCleod


  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Go through and read that web page. His own words are priceless. (as if you didn't have enough reasons to hold your nose as you vote this November)

    I will gladly hold my nose when I vote to remove the present stench that lays stagnated in Washington. Now why is that so hard for some to grasp this concept if not for the reason that their dislike of Romeny is not fully and honestly spelled out due to much deeper feelings about him that they are not willing to tread on for fear of being themselves exposed and label with a stigma or classification that they do not want to wear in the open, so they beat around the bush hoping no one will recognize the underlying truth of their discontent? Just asking....
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Romney is the quintessential politician- - - - -a totally untrustworthy liar who will say and/or do anything to grab another vote. Just because it's to his advantage to pander to the NRA and other "conservative" groups at the moment doesn't change the fact that he cannot be trusted. Party affiliation has nothing to do with a person's core values, and Romney is rotten to the core. Yes, he might be marginally better than the current bunch of crooks, but it could also be argued that getting shot is less painful than getting beat to death with a piece of log chain. It's absolutely essential that we elect a super-majority in both houses of Congress to keep a tight rein on an administration headed up by a man who has been described by one of his staffers as an "etch-a-sketch" candidate- - - - -willing to re-invent himself at a moment's notice to take advantage of a gullible electorate.

    Other than those concerns, I guess any Republican would be a better choice than any dummycrap, so long as we don't get lulled into the false sense of security of trusting any politician, ever!
    Jerry
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,149 Senior Member
    This is the same trap we fell into with McCain. He was/is a RINO that supported gun control. He pissed off the base and mad no one other than the media happy that he was running. Now we have another one that Obama will trounce easily.

    BTW- the republican party really only is effective in the last 20 years when they were the opposition party. They actually stick to their guns if they are going against a democrat. When they are in both the legislative and executive branches, we get abominations like the patriot act.

    Best thing we can hope for from this election is 4 more years of gridlock. Stop anything from happening in Washington
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Member Posts: 203 Member
    Romney cant beat Obama... just saying. There is only one man that can.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    This thread is almost getting to be more fun than sex............:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::devil:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Member Posts: 203 Member
    cpj wrote: »
    No, Ron Paul can not beat him, he has not a chance in hell.

    Rasmussen, who has an extremely accurate track record, disagrees with you. Take a minute and simply digest who has put the idea that Ron Paul cant win and Romney is the chosen one into your mind. Yup, the same media that wants Obama back in office.

    Are you going to keep letting them tell you what to think?
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    OK, has anyone (NRA?) asked MR why he signed that bill in MA and IF he has changed his mind and IF SO and he does get elected to POTUS will he try to get an AWB passed for the whole country? I say hold his feet to the fire.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,462 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    This thread is almost getting to be more fun than sex............:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::devil:

    You must be doing something wrong....

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Rasmussen, who has an extremely accurate track record, disagrees with you.

    Are you going to keep letting them tell you what to think?

    Gee, maybe Nostradamus made a prediction on this election too.................:jester:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    You must be doing something wrong....

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

    Naw, but at my age................taking Beta Blockers, prostrate cancer survivor.............it ain't what it used to be:tooth::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    "Are you going to keep letting them tell you what to think?"

    Are you going to keep trying to tell us what to think? It should be obvious by now that you're packing sand down a rathole. If you had something remotely worthwhile to say, it might be different. Go play in the traffic, and we'll hope for lots of 18-wheelers.
    Jerry
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Politicians, used car salesmen, insurance salesmen and TV Preachers.......... all in the same boat to me, Ya can't trust hardly any of them.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    OK, that was one long, confusing sentence.
    Whats your point? Whats your question? I have no underlying issues. The guy supported things I don't. Its that simple. The guy supports things all of us here do not/should not support. But yet, its still OK because he is all we have.

    And why are folks failing to see the issue with a person who supported gun bans, speaking at the single most powerful gun rights organization in the USA? To be cliche, thats like the chickens voting for Colonel Sanders.
    I get what your sayin Chris. It'd be like me attending Sunday church with a "special" athiest guest speaker. Im surprised the NRA didn't run him off and tell him to pound sand.
  • blueslide88blueslide88 Member Posts: 273 Member
    I wonder what some of the people here would say if they knew all there is to know about Ronald Reagan. I quote from an article:

    Reagan signed California's Mulford Act in 1967. That made carrying a firearm in public verboten. He signed two pieces of legislation in the 80's; one which restricted certain types of handgun ammo (the infamous "cop killer bullets" bill) & another which prohibited the manufacture of firearms that could not be discovered by a metal detector (the "plastic gun" ban). Through an executive order he prohibited the import of shotguns that held over ten rounds. He supported the Brady Bill as well as the "assault weapons" ban.

    Reagan was governor of California in 1967. He also played to the NRA. He also spoke a good game on SA rights. However, he was not a SA purist, for sure.

    It seems obvious to me that Obama is laying low on gun rights, certainly before this election. Even if he can't get anti-gun legislation through Congress, he likely will get to nominate someone or two to SCOTUS who WILL be anti-gun and swing the court's majority to liberal anti-gun decisions. That's far worse than any unfavorable potential legislation, which would be highly unlikely if the Repubs keep the House, just about impossible if they even get close to a Senate majority, no matter who wins the presidency. In other words, it's not anti-gun legislation we have to worry about, its SCOTUS, the economy, and freedom.

    There is no reason to distrust Romney on economic matters, and those matters always favor person freedoms. I never meant to say Romney is a perfect candidate, yet in some ways he mirrors Reagan. Reagan was a liberal Demo as a young man, and "flipped" to Repub when he saw the light. He was willing to compromise gun rights when he thought it was appropriate. As Governor, Reagan signed a bill banning the public carry of handguns.

    http://publicola.mu.nu/archives/2004/06/16/who_can_gun_owners_trust.html
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Reagan also destroyed affordable civilian MG ownership in the US. If Reagan was running today, I would have to seriously consider voting for him. Reagan nominated O'Connor and Kennedy to the SCOTUS.

    I'm not sure what point you are trying to make :confused:
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

    Adam J. McCleod


  • blueslide88blueslide88 Member Posts: 273 Member
    cpj wrote: »
    I'd say he was a douche for the bans he had a part in.

    Next?

    Kind of dodging the issue. I guess then, that you would have found it difficult or impossible to vote for Reagan, even knowing the results?
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    There is no reason to distrust Romney on economic matters, and those matters always favor person freedoms.


    Why don't you tell me how RomneyCare is doing economically in Massachusetts? If you show me how it benifited the heath industry and how the program drove down medical costs, I'll vote for Romney. Hell, I'll donate to his campaign.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

    Adam J. McCleod


Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement