Home Main Category General Firearms

>270 Winchester Against the world

snake284snake284 Senior MemberPosts: 22,394 Senior Member
In Reply to cpj's comment on my reply to bream's comment.

Well, you also proved my point. Judging from your past and present comments on various threads, I don't believe you have ever owned a .270, I doubt you've shot one, at least I doubt you've hunted with one, and I have no idea why you are even commenting on this because first of all, I totally agreed with bream, he was right on. I also admitted and explaining why I usually suckered into people like you and your negative comments and argued about them. I was only saying why (Against my better judgement) that I argued with people like you about it in the first place. So what's your point other than your usual harassing you give people you disagree with?
Daddy, what's an enabler?
Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,004 Senior Member
    03c95ef272.jpg
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • farm boyfarm boy Senior Member Posts: 1,001 Senior Member
    Really snake? Again?
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,763 Senior Member
    :zzzz:
    .30-06
    :win:
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • ericbericb Banned Posts: 392 Member
    Snake
    The definition of insanity is to repeat the same thing over and over hoping for a different outcome.
    They will always bash and you will always get pissed.

Let it die.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,713 Senior Member
    I always thought the 270 was designed for women.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,331 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Some points.
    Like I said in the other thread...when you run down the .270, its like asking that person if you can have relations with their sister.

I've said enough on the .270 in previous posts, so I'll just keep this short by asking; "Snake, can I have her number?" :tooth:
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,953 Senior Member
    Well we could start by listing all the good qualities about the 270......................

OK that's all I could think up. :deadhorse:
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,713 Senior Member
    Weatherby wrote: »
    Well we could start by listing all the good qualities about the 270......................

OK that's all I could think up. :deadhorse:

It's adequate for squirrel and ground hog.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    Many deer hunters use the .270 in these parts. Son wanted one, just got something else so he could shoot my ammo.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,049 Senior Member
    I think we just reached the bag limit on this. Can someone please put an end to this?
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • BPsniperBPsniper Banned Posts: 1,961 Senior Member
    Snake, I've owned three different .270 Winchesters and shot game with all of them including an elk with my father's .270 as well.

I side with CPJ on all counts. Just saying. :wink:
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,131 Senior Member
    I had a Ruger #1 in lay-away once chambered in .270 but ended out shifting the deposit over to something else that I can't remember right now. See? I have nothing against a .270! It would have made a fine elk rifle for my wife (seriously-- that was the purpose of it).

.270 is a great cartridge, but I personally find other cartridges a bit more interesting. That, and I have been developing a new rifle philosophy which is essentially, "If a 6.5 can't kill it, you need a .338."
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,126 Senior Member
    Pre 64 Model 70 Super Grade with a custom Monte Kennedy stock in 270.........never been fired........

pre64model70037.jpg

pre64model70048.jpg

pre64model70039.jpg

pre64model70021.jpg

pre64model70060.jpg

( Every now and then you gots to throw a bone out there............)

Not as good as a 7mm08 though..........
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • justin10mmjustin10mm Senior Member Posts: 688 Senior Member
    Its starting to feel like home again. :popcorn:
    As much as I am not a big fan of the .270, I could live with it to have THAT rifle.
  • BullgatorBullgator Member Posts: 393 Member
    I don't care what it's chambered in, that's a BEAUTIFUL rifle!
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,970 Senior Member
    Snake, just so you know you are not in the 270 world alone:
    [IMG][/img]remington700LSS.jpg

Remington model 700 LSS chambered in 270 Winchester. It is a very nice rifle. While Orchidmans model 70 casts a significant shadow over most other 270's, I feel no shame or embarasement when I take this one to the range. She actually gets quite a bit of attention there.

Sako
  • wolf049wolf049 Member Posts: 217 Member
    I'm on your side also Snake. :up:
    Just for old times sake...............................................How do you feel about barrel break in? :jester:
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
    - Richard Henry Lee
  • farm boyfarm boy Senior Member Posts: 1,001 Senior Member
    What about centrifugal force when the bullet hits? That spinning really has to create extra damage, the .270 needs all the help it can get anyway.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,004 Senior Member
    Just checking in...is this thread really still going?:roll:
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Say what you will, but this forum was getting awfully mundane and boring. This really lit a fuse and Even though I was the object of a lot of flack, it did revive some life here. I accomplished something. Thanks Sako for your support, and Wolf, that's a great idea about bringing up a subject dear to my heart, barrel breakin. That should get this forum out of the mud and running good again. Also, my thanks to bream for the original idea. I did accomplish my goal.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Yeah, but don't "THEY" say that the .270 is marginal on squirrels and other varmints never-mind highly unethical on deer sized and larger game ? :jester:

Where is the pot stirring thingy ?
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,515 Senior Member
    I will not take credit for this thread, Don Quixote. It's just another mundane and boring offering of stale, rehashed material on the forum in the form of a blatant call-out. You want the forum to be interesting? Offer up original material.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I will not take credit for this thread, Don Quixote. It's just another mundane and boring offering of stale, rehashed material on the forum in the form of a blatant call-out. You want the forum to be interesting? Offer up original material.

Who let the Ape Boy into the classics section of the library, oh I'm sorry he is respectfully married these days............

Hey that dude (Don Quixote) rode around on a horse and did stupid stuff didn't he:tooth::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::hand::hand::hand::roll2:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    And another fine looking .270 savage:

PICT0099.jpg

PICT0098-1.jpg

PICT0097.jpg

Re: >270 Winchester Against the world
    I always thought the 270 was designed for women.

May or maynot be,,, never the less ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Re: >270 Winchester Against the world
    Snake
    The definition of insanity is to repeat the same thing over and over hoping for a different outcome.
    They will always bash and you will always get pissed.

" If ya want to know whats it the pot, stir it up" To make a long post short here............."It is what it is"

I likes that mouse trap Wambliski!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nice analogy!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the box under the Savage .270 is a .22 Browning Buckmark!!! with a bull barrel.
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior Member Posts: 1,052 Senior Member
    :spittingcoffee:
    Bigslug wrote: »
    I've said enough on the .270 in previous posts, so I'll just keep this short by asking; "Snake, can I have her number?" :tooth:
    :rotflmao:
    My idea of a warning shot is when the 2nd bad guy watches his 1st buddy go down....
    sakodude wrote: »
    Snake, just so you know you are not in the 270 world alone:
    [IMG][/img]remington700LSS.jpg

Remington model 700 LSS chambered in 270 Winchester. It is a very nice rifle. While Orchidmans model 70 casts a significant shadow over most other 270's, I feel no shame or embarasement when I take this one to the range. She actually gets quite a bit of attention there.

Sako
    Good groups , but, you missed the bullseye
  • wildgenewildgene Senior Member Posts: 1,036 Senior Member
    ...the .270 is a great platform!!!

...for building a 6.5-06 or .280...:tooth::jester::devil:
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,970 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Good groups , but, you missed the bullseye

After bore sighting and a couple of rounds to put it on paper at 100 yards, those were the first 9 rounds fired for effect. I figure that to be pretty decent for a brand new rifle with no load developement. I have worked that load a bit now and can get pretty consistant sub-moa groups without really trying. From a 270 none the less.:guns:

Sako
    So, I moved on and still have not found the magic cartridge for deer.....
    So, what constitutes this perfect cartridge for killing deer?