Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

America about to be Duped!!!

2»

Replies

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,035 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    He is getting my vote. I'm not going to be drug out and shot.

:spittingcoffee:
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • BullgatorBullgator Member Posts: 393 Member
    It's beyond me why some people think the American system of government is so fragile that a president can subvert the system and make himself a tyrant. We've had plenty of Constitutional challenges along the way, but the rule of law is intact and democratic elections determine who has the power.

I sure as heck hope Obama is not re-elected, but if he is, I don't see an end to our nation or it's system of government.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,670 Senior Member
    Bullgator wrote: »
    ....I sure as heck hope Obama is not re-elected, but if he is, I don't see an end to our nation or it's system of government.
    Maybe not, but Ovomit and his progressive/communist appointed cronies are trying awfully hard to make it so. To me, this is a concerted effort to make our system a top-down, authoritarian-style regime that will take as much power as necessary to destroy capitalism as we know it, and to remove individual control over our daily lives. It is very scary indeed, and I can't see it any other way than what it looks like.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,493 Senior Member
    Again: Congress. Worry about Congress.
    Overkill is underrated.
    Again: Congress. Worry about Congress.
    I am worried. Without Republican control in the Senate, every effort to change things if Ovomit is re-elected will go nowhere.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    Authoritarianism is a bipartisan problem. Find me a Republican who that statement doesn't apply to and I'll strongly consider voting for them (Ron Paul is about the only one). They have unanimously supported the patriot act, SOPA, PIPA, warrantless wiretapping, and countless other pieces of legislation that increase the power of the security state, strip power from the individual and increase the power of faceless multinational corporations.
    Unfortunately, I have to agree with you. There are a few Republicans who strongly advocate limited government and individual freedom. The bad news is that they also sometimes go along with these laws you mention. Believe me, I am as turned off by this as you are, but as a conservative/libertarian, I have no choice but to vote for what is offered. I won't stay home, even if I am not thrilled with the Republican candidate.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    Authoritarianism is a bipartisan problem. Find me a Republican who that statement doesn't apply to and I'll strongly consider voting for them (Ron Paul is about the only one). They have unanimously supported the patriot act, SOPA, PIPA, warrantless wiretapping, and countless other pieces of legislation that increase the power of the security state, strip power from the individual and increase the power of faceless multinational corporations.

There's at least one major difference.

Republicans believe in capitalism, and don't mind the little guy making it if he has the talent and the work ethic. If he lacks the talent, but has the work ethic, he can still live well enough by working for someone who does have the talent, or luck. If he has neither, he can live off the scraps, and still be better off than the rest of the world's poor. They believe in accumulating surplus, and while some accumulate more than they could ever use, they don't prevent others from accumulating whatever they can.

I have no clue what Democrats believe in, if anything, but it's obviously not any of the things that made this country great, else they would not have been working so diligently to undermine it, for several decades. It has been so long since they have had a coherent plan for anything that might actually work that I now really doubt they even care. They are consumers of the wealth, plain and simple, and have no plan for what to do when it is gone.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    People taken out and shot? Dark ages? Enslavement? The only thing missing are the Four Horsemen...

OK, I'm not backing off, but I will say "Here hold my beer and watch this!!!"
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • BullgatorBullgator Member Posts: 393 Member
    Maybe not, but Ovomit and his progressive/communist appointed cronies are trying awfully hard to make it so. To me, this is a concerted effort to make our system a top-down, authoritarian-style regime that will take as much power as necessary to destroy capitalism as we know it, and to remove individual control over our daily lives. It is very scary indeed, and I can't see it any other way than what it looks like.

Other than appointing Supreme Court Justices, what can a president do that can't be eliminated by the next president and a sympathetic Congress?
    bisley wrote: »
    Why do you think Obama will win?

Even with the illegal aliens voting, massive voter fraud, and 95% of the media slandering his opponent, he still has to get 50% of the vote to win. Bill Clinton only got 43%, before many people even realized what a liar he was. Obama tells at least one whopper a day, on video, and often contradicts his own words in the same speech. Anybody who can't take advantage of that is an idiot. If Romney has the balls to play hardball with him, like he did against Gingrich, he should win.

I'm still voting against Romney in the primary, though. I wouldn't want him to think I like him. :tooth:

I hope your right Bisley. But what scares me most is just enough people thinking Ron Paul can win and wasting their vote, letting Obama win. But I do like what you said about the primary, LOL!!!
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Bullgator wrote: »
    Other than appointing Supreme Court Justices, what can a president do that can't be eliminated by the next president and a sympathetic Congress?
    Yeah but Bull, that's the problem. We have five conservative justices on the Supreme Court, or that at least more times than not vote on the conservative side (I don't know how conservative Justice Kennedy really is, but he's been a good ally so far). We have 3 justices on the Court that are getting old (Kennedy, Scallia, and Thomas). One of the younger ones has had siezures (John Roberts). There is a better than even chance that at least one of the five either won't survive or will become incapacitated in the next four years. Then it's Obama's call (Look real close at what he has appointed so far). If McCain would have been elected there may have been at least one more conservative justice on the court instead of the 5 we have. And one of those five isn't really conservative. But he has stuck with John Roberts and Scallia so far. We are living on a thread here. Believe me, if Obama gets to choose one more, he's going to choose a liberal revisionist and there's a good chance the second amendment will get a liberal interpretation which takes the teeth out of it and makes it meaningless as far as we are concerned.

So yeah, I guess I'm Bat Buana Crazy. The thought of that will make a sane person crazy.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    We have five conservative justices on the Supreme Court, or that at least more times than not vote on the conservative side

I hope you realize how this sounds...5 people hold all our rights in their hands. Switch one of the five and it's slavery vs freedom. Do you really think our very lives are at the mercy of ONE swing vote in a black robe?
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    Not saying Dems are much better but spare me the lie that Republican politicians actually care about the "little guys".

Before you call me a liar, try actually reading what I wrote. I never said they cared about the little guy. The point I made, which you purposely avoided, is that they are unconcerned about others trying to achieve wealth, or merely prosperity, as long as the business environment favors their own interests. They nearly always create or preserve an environment where businesses can flourish, whether they are multinational corporations or a small shop. When the economy plummets under Republican leadership, it usually recovers quickly. This administration took over during an economic crisis and is doing everything in their power to turn it into the Great Depression.

And please don't bother me with any of your old 'Bush is the devil' soliloquies from 2008. This is not Obama's first run for the presidency. He has a three year economic record, that he owns outright, just like every other president who seeks re-election. Try defending what this president has 'achieved,' and explain how things are better than they were.
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    I hope you realize how this sounds...5 people hold all our rights in their hands. Switch one of the five and it's slavery vs freedom. Do you really think our very lives are at the mercy of ONE swing vote in a black robe?
    Maybe not 'very lives' but I'm absolutely certain if there were a majority of Progressives on the bench, American life would be profoundly changed for the worse.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    I'm absolutely certain if there were a majority of Progressives on the bench, American life would be profoundly changed for the worse.

Not if you are a Progressive! :devil:
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod