Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Ted Nugent? You gotta be kidding me!

AiredaleAiredale BannedPosts: 624 Senior Member
A washed up rock star says he'll be dead or in jail if Obama is reelected.
Hey Ted, go bite the head off a chicken or a rat like some other rock star whacko did to get attention.

Replies

• samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Well, air, that's pretty extreme. You need to realize that Nugent's rock career is long past, but he is a big hunting advocate and was speaking in that capacity to the NRA.

I read what Nugent said and his comments were, in my opinion, over the line. He knows better.

I don't think it's totally impossible that Nugent would need to have a chat with the secret service (soon as they finish shacking up with hookers). What I find ironic is that the government has never thought it necessary to also talk with leftwing agitators who essentially call for blood in the streets.
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,462 Senior Member
    He is actually having a chat with them tomorrow. Plans on making it a lunch bbq type thing. Did you know that Ted is an LEO? And that his statements have been cleared by several federal agencies as non threatening?
    I for one like the man, and think a lot of "Americans" could learn a thing or two from him.
    Did you also know that Ted was recently denied the request to play a song at a Navy SEAL's funeral that was wrote in that SEAL's will. The denial came from someone "high up" in the military.

Not saying that the normally over the top guy wasn't over the top, but what else did you expect from Uncle Ted? This isn't the first politically radical comment he has made....
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Why is his musical career washed up ? I for one have never listened to his music, perhaps I will now.

The News and Media folks that pick up on something Ted said are the same folks that don't care a bit about the group that offered a bounty for the illegal apprehension of Zimmerman.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • pbearperrypbearperry Member Posts: 91 Member
    Ted means well and I like the way he thinks,but I truly believe he needs some meds to take the edge off.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    The squeaky wheel gets the grease, and Unka Ted is one awfully squeaky wheel. What he says gets noticed, and that's the first step to make people think. Sure, it turns off some, but they would be against the message even if it was delivered in a milquetoast manner. Ted reminds me of a guy that I used to listen to on the radio back in the '80s. His radio name was Red Neckerson and he always started and ended his show by shouting "Wake up America!". Did a little shouting during his time slot, too. I sure miss him.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    The Nuge has always been over the top. But a lot of what he says makes sense.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,921 Senior Member
    Did you know that Ted is an LEO?

Actually, Ted is a Reserve Officer/Deputy...not a sworn officer...IIRC
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    He is actually having a chat with them tomorrow. Plans on making it a lunch bbq type thing. Did you know that Ted is an LEO? And that his statements have been cleared by several federal agencies as non threatening?
    I for one like the man, and think a lot of "Americans" could learn a thing or two from him.
    Did you also know that Ted was recently denied the request to play a song at a Navy SEAL's funeral that was wrote in that SEAL's will. The denial came from someone "high up" in the military.

Not saying that the normally over the top guy wasn't over the top, but what else did you expect from Uncle Ted? This isn't the first politically radical comment he has made....

I love the guy. I was listening to another guy some think is over the top, that I happen to like, Glen Beck today and Glenn explained it just like I said in another post. What Ted meant was that if Obama got elected he would be on his hit list and they would either kill him or lock him up. I also said they'd probably do the same to me. So I guess I'm also over the top.

But Ted never meant it as a threat to the President or anyone else. He just figures that if they come after him he's in a world of hurt. Me too!!!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,713 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    What Ted meant was that if Obama got elected he would be on his hit list and they would either kill him or lock him up. I also said they'd probably do the same to me. So I guess I'm also over the top.

But Ted never meant it as a threat to the President or anyone else. He just figures that if they come after him he's in a world of hurt. Me too!!!

Damn.
    This election is making folks do a lot of crazy talking.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    Buford wrote: »
    Damn.
    This election is making folks do a lot of crazy talking.

Yeah it sounds crazy, but I got a terrible feeling about all this.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    I am not going to worry, if I didn't at ground zero on 9/11, why start now ?
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    I am not going to worry, if I didn't at ground zero on 9/11, why start now ?

Well, I'm not getting all white knuckled over it either, no use. What will be will be. But still I got a bad feeling. We can't let Obama win. Get out and vote.
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,281 Senior Member
    For the most part, what Ted has been saying needs to be said. We are lead by gutless fools. Go Ted
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    It may do more harm than good. Media will jump all over it while ignoring Obammy's "Preacher" making downright Anti-American statements/rants in his sermons.

People have a tendency to say outrageous things around election time, look at all the Hollywood stars who said they would leave the US if "W" go elected/reelected. I don't think any left and I don't think TN will be dead or in jail if Obammy gets another 4 years.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,164 Senior Member
    Ted is an entertainer. His over the top act is that.......... an act. He was reality TV before there was reality TV.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,152 Senior Member
    The Nuge has always been over the top. But a lot of what he says makes sense.

Over the top? Unka Ted?

Click here to see some of his more sane ramblings: WANGO TANGO!!

He is an entertainer... and he is sure making this sad spectacle of an election more interesting.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Actually, Ted is a Reserve Officer/Deputy...not a sworn officer...IIRC

You get sworn in as a reserve Officer too.
    Any time you operate as a LEO, you at least get "Deputized" even temporarily, sworn in for a minute or more.
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,543 Senior Member
    I just don't think he's helping anything by talking like that. It doesn't matter to me that he meant something different than what it seemed at first glance. I just personally don't find statements like that useful in any way.
    No, we don't need to pander to people who are anti-gun, but I don't see the need to feed into stereotypes or to work the sheep up into a frenzy.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Well, it looks like the Keystone Kops visited him and now they say "there's no threat". I wonder if they asked him about pickup lines that work on groupies since they can't make out in a cathouse with a fistful of twenties?
    Jerry
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Well, it looks like the Keystone Kops visited him and now they say "there's no threat". I wonder if they asked him about pickup lines that work on groupies since they can't make out in a cathouse with a fistful of twenties?
    Jerry

:rotflmao:

If you're a rock star, the classic pickup line for groupies is "Hi.". After all, they are groupies.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
    The media had a field day saying he threatened the Prez. But he didn't threaten the Prez, he merely felt threatened by the Prez, not necessarily an unfounded reason to feel threatened either.
    :rotflmao:

If you're a rock star, the classic pickup line for groupies is "Hi.". After all, they are groupies.

Actually, if you are a hot rock star, the line is "Get the HECK out already !!!!! I have early morning studio rehearsals / tracks !!!
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,921 Senior Member
    Ted is a washed up attention whore. The only way he stays remotely relevant is by going out and saying ridiculous and intentionally controversial stuff. He is the conservative equivalent of someone like Snookie or Lindsey Lohan. It is great that he's pro gun, but frankly he is not someone I want being the public face of American gun owners. He plays right into the stereotypical liberal view of gun owners as out of control crazy rednecks and probably does more damage to the cause then he helps. Boy do I miss Mr. Heston!

While I miss Mr. Heston as well...I really expected nothing less from someone of your political bent in regards to Mr. Nugent. Frankly, Ted tells it like it is in terms that rub a lot of people on both sides of the fence the wrong way. It's not exactly what he says, it's how he says it....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,493 Senior Member
    Just curious, but how do y'all feel about Nugent's efforts or claimed efforts to avoid the draft? First there's the interview he did back in the late 70's where he said that he showed up caked in his own excrement and urine and that got him a deferment. I don't believe he did that, but the interview exists, so he did claim to do that, and that seems to say something negative to his character. In later interviews he claimed to have a 1-Y student deferment, which is incorrect: 1-Y is medical, 1-S and 2-S are student. Odd thing is, his student deferments came while he was touring with the Amboy Dukes. Just curious if anyone knows more than me about this, but honestly, when I found out about this, I lost a lot of respect for Nugent.

Then I read some unrelated interviews, and saw that Ted really only cares about Ted.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,670 Senior Member
    Just curious, but how do y'all feel about Nugent's efforts or claimed efforts to avoid the draft? First there's the claim he made back in the late 70's that he showed up caked in his own excrement and urine and that got him a deferment........
    The military draft was ended in 1973, and the registration requirement was suspended in 1975, then re-instituted in 1980.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    I understand that, the interview was in the late 70's. His student deferments were in the late 60's, at the time he was on tour and in the studio. I kinda find it hard to believe he was a student while touring and recording as much as he claims to have done. At least it would hard to be a student after one semester, much less for multiple years.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Most college admissions offices in the 60's and early 70's were VERY cooperative with the selective service system. If a kid didn't enroll or got suspended for grades, etc., in any particular semester that got reported instantly, and draft status got changed within a few days. That was before the days of communist college administrators with no respect for the military.
    Jerry
    And this is surprising how? With the exception of McCain it seems being a draft dodging chickenhawk is a requirement for being a pro war politician or propagandist.
    Having a student deferment for college or hardship is NOT "draft dodging".....at least not like the the crowd of 60's hippies who ran off to Canada to avoid the service. And let us not forget about the commie liberal scum who harassed and spit on returning vets from Viet Nam. Wake up and get real for a change, and feel fortunate people like YOU have not been subjected to the draft. From my perspective, you have no right calling ANYONE a draft-dodging chickenhawk.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    But what if you have a student deferment under seemingly questionable circumstances? That's my thing with Nugent: when he had the student deferment, he was also touring a lot. I'm just not sure how much of a "student" he was.
    Overkill is underrated.
    Back in the 60's, no one got any BS deferments. The Selective Service Bureau was an arm of the government, and pretty hard core. You had to be able to prove you were eligible for a deferment to actually get one.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT: