Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

BoA not friendly to the firearms industry?

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
OK, I got this from a friend in an email. Looks legit.

I got this off McMillan’s Face book page;

McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing, McMillan Group International have been collectively banking with Bank of America for 12 years. Today Mr. Ray Fox, Senior Vice President, Market Manager, Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking came to my office. He scheduled the meeting as an “account analysis” meeting in order to evaluate the two lines of credit we have with them. He spent 5 minutes talking about how McMillan has changed in the last 5 years and have become more of a firearms manufacturer than a supplier of accessories.
At this point I interrupted him and asked “Can I possible save you some time so that you don’t waste your breath? What you are going to tell me is that because we are in the firearms manufacturing business you no longer what my business.”
“That is correct” he says.
I replied “That is okay, we will move our accounts as soon as possible. We can find a 2nd Amendment friendly bank that will be glad to have our business. You won’t mind if I tell the NRA, SCI and everyone one I know that BofA is not firearms industry friendly?”
“You have to do what you must” he said.
“So you are telling me this is a politically motivated decision, is that right?”
Mr Fox confirmed that it was. At which point I told him that the meeting was over and there was nothing let for him to say.

I think it is import for all Americans who believe in and support our 2nd amendment right to keep and bear arms should know when a business does not support these rights. What you do with that knowledge is up to you. When I don’t agree with a business’ political position I can not in good conscience support them. We will soon no longer be accepting Bank of America credit cards as payment for our products.

Kelly D McMillan
Director of Operations
McMillan Group International, LLC
623-582-9635
www.mcmillanusa.com
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    Thanks for posting
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,493 Senior Member
    It's definitely on McMillan's Facebook page.

Some folks are saying that's because Bank of America's taken government bailout money, and now the administration is putting the screws to them. Maybe, but I think it's just because Bank of America's looking out for what it perceives to be its best interests, and not really caring about its customers. Remember, these are the folks who started the ball rolling in the debit card use fee.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    BOA bought out Countrywide mortgage a few years ago. For the last couple of years we were making payments on our farm, it really made us cringe to have to sent that check every month. Shortly after we paid the place off, I got a call from BOA wanting me to borrow more money. I took great pleasure in telling them to stuff their cash where the sun don't shine!
    Jerry
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Member Posts: 203 Member
    Just re-posted the McMillion piece on the BofA facebook page....
  • PFDPFD Senior Member Posts: 1,329 Senior Member
    Brought to you by the same people that brought you the Bank Amigo Card.

http://www.liberallyconservative.com/bank-of-america-illegal-immigrant-credits-card-program-stays/

"Bank of America (BAC) defiantly declared on Thursday that it would not cancel its new credit card program for individuals with no social security numbers or credit histories, which critics charge is an attempt to profit from illegal immigrants and a potential threat to national security."
    That's all I got.

Paul
  • mythaeusmythaeus Senior Member Posts: 831 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    This is why i dont bank with them. This new issue is just another reason.

I don't bank with them because they rape you on fees & charges and their business hours SUCK!

These stupid businesses should really get their heads out of their asses and do what Starbucks does: stay the hell out of politics.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama
  • gunrunner428gunrunner428 Senior Member Posts: 1,018 Senior Member
    Some time back, there was a bank that, instead of toasters or other incentives for opening new accounts with them, offered your choice of certain Weatherby rifles as the incentive (obviously a large-sum acocunt, but still...) I forget which bank that was, but if they're still doing this...

Quick search - one still apparently does - North Country Financial Corp (a northern-Michigan based institution) with Weatherby rifle and shotgun incentives in lieu of interest drawn on certificates of deposit.

http://www.longislandfirearms.com/forum/m-1294971316.86922/ and http://extras.denverpost.com/business/biz0126a.htm
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    PFD wrote: »
    Brought to you by the same people that brought you the Bank Amigo Card.

http://www.liberallyconservative.com/bank-of-america-illegal-immigrant-credits-card-program-stays/

"Bank of America (BAC) defiantly declared on Thursday that it would not cancel its new credit card program for individuals with no social security numbers or credit histories, which critics charge is an attempt to profit from illegal immigrants and a potential threat to national security."

Why does not ****-Land security have something to say about all this ??
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,733 Senior Member
    When I read stuff like this, it makes feel a bit better about the headaches I've had with Wells Fargo, and a LOT better about the zero headaches I've had with USAA.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,281 Senior Member
    I would like to leave BOA asap, I would like to hear suggestions for a gun friendly bank, hopefully, McMillan will keep us up to date on there new banking
    institution.
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,281 Senior Member
    McMillan, I'm ready to move my STUFF. Looking for a gun friendly bank!!! Any suggestions ? What else is BOA doing we don't know about
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,610 Senior Member
    What an asinine stand for a business to take.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin