Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

If you were a dog, would you rather be... (political joke)

samzheresamzhere BannedPosts: 10,923 Senior Member
If you were a dog, would you rather be:

a) riding in a pet carrier with Romney on vacation, or

b) served as the main course on the Obama dining table in Kenya? **

Liberal Democrats need not reply. We're all well aware they'll gladly and figuratively throw themselves on their sword for ol' Hussein.

** ("He was mighty good, with mustard" WC Fields in That Fatal Glass of Beer)

Replies

• DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    http://tesla.liketelevision.com/liketelevision/tuner.php?channel=233&format=tv&theme=guide

For those that would like to watch "The fatal glass of beer"
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Reminds me of a poem. Not sure why, but....

If I were a dog, and you were a flower, I'd lift up my leg and give you a shower.

And that reminds me of the very touching and smart as a whip poem, "Evolution", that begins "When you were a tadpole and I was a fish..."

Sounds strange but it's pretty keen. Was written I think about the turn of the century by a NY sports and general reporter, a poem to his wife-to-be. And they were together till his death many years later, and in grief, she soon took her own life.

Anyway, it's odd to think that a poem about evolution and the history of life on earth could become a romantic poem, but it's actually very lovely as well as being scientifically accurate and clever. You can find the poem on Utube and elsewhere.

"Evolution" begins:

When you were a tadpole and I was a fish
    In the Paleozoic time,
    And side by side on the ebbing tide
    We sprawled through the ooze and slime,
    Or skittered with many a caudal flip
    Through the depths of the Cambrian fen,
    My heart was rife with the joy of life,
    For I loved you even then.

thread drift complete...
    End Senior moment / communication.

endcomm.png
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    End Senior moment / communication.

Er, huh? You talkin' to me?
    No, I am having a Senior moment and babbling as Us Seniors tend to do.

What was I talking about ??? I forget.

:jester:
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,717 Senior Member
    Sorry Sam; but, cpj is a better connoisseur of poetry. :tooth:
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
    A man could be a poet and not know it.
  • Lonewolf-PeruLonewolf-Peru Member Posts: 455 Member
    samzhere wrote: »

b) served as the main course on the Obama dining table in Kenya? **...

Being a canine, I know quite well which one's would get my vote (if I were not a foreigner) and which one's leg I will use as if it were a fire hydrant...
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,660 Senior Member
    Lonewolf here in the good ole USA being a foreigner doesn't stop you from voting just come on over and join in just like the rest of them folks that are doing it.

My wife was talking to some people a couple days ago that admitted that they are here illegally and told her that they will be voting., she asked them how and they said "they tell us where to go and vote".
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,672 Senior Member
    rberglof wrote: »
    .....My wife was talking to some people a couple days ago that admitted that they are here illegally and told her that they will be voting., she asked them how and they said "they tell us where to go and vote".
    There is still time to find out where that is and report it to the state election commission....:wink:
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,713 Senior Member
    That' bad sam.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    Buford wrote: »
    That' bad sam.

Which? The joke or the poem. I wrote neither, just quoted them.
    NN wrote: »
    Sorry Sam; but, cpj is a better connoisseur of poetry. :tooth:

Well, first, I don't know what poetry cpj considers good. Second, the poem "Evolution" is simply a bit of doggerel that came to mind as we swapped messages. I don't think it's a great poem by any way. Great is stuff by Blake or TS Eliot. :driving::love:
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member

b) served as the main course on the Obama dining table in Kenya?

So, the choices are death or imprisoned lap dog?
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

Great is a highly subjective term in relation to poetry, great is whatever you really fancy.
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    So, the choices are death or imprisoned lap dog?

Putting poochy in a carrier is not imprisonment anymore than putting a child in a special car seat, it is to protect your loved ones from harm.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    Putting poochy in a carrier is not imprisonment anymore than putting a child in a special car seat, it is to protect your loved ones from harm.

The question was what would I rather be...not my kids or dogs. ME.

At least I now have an idea of what republicans think of the average voter. Thanks.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• Lonewolf-PeruLonewolf-Peru Member Posts: 455 Member
    Lonewolf here in the good ole USA being a foreigner doesn't stop you from voting just come on over and join in just like the rest of them folks that are doing it.

My wife was talking to some people a couple days ago that admitted that they are here illegally and told her that they will be voting., she asked them how and they said "they tell us where to go and vote".

Thanks Rberglof, but no matter how much I would like to go the the USA, if I cannot do it legally, I would not do it.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,928 Senior Member
    I only like the classic works of poetry . For instance, who can forget the classic that starts with: "There once was a man from Nantucket"? Or, "There once was a girl from Hoboken"?

Those ain't poems...they're limericks
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    There was a man from Nantucket, he stored all his guns in a bucket........
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,400 Senior Member
    There was a young fellow named Chris,
    Found a bucket of aged ambergris,
    And he said, with a grin,
    I'll dump cast bullets in,
    And have greasy cast bullet bliss.
    :tooth:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    I only like the classic works of poetry . For instance, who can forget the classic that starts with: "There once was a man from Nantucket"? Or, "There once was a girl from Hoboken"?

Yes, or one of those immortal classics such as, "Whose that knocking at my door, ask the fair young maiden........ .I'm Barnacle Bill the Sailor... or well you get the idea.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    served as the main course on the Obama dining table in Kenya?

Actually, the dog (and snake) eating was done with the stepfather in Indonesia. All the philandering Kenyan did was be a sperm donor for a drugged-out hippie tramp, and then he went back home to his wife (or wives) in Africa!
    Jerry
  • tlc361tlc361 New Member Posts: 8 New Member

Why not, in Chicago the dead have been voting for decades.

I lived in the USA since I was ten, served in the USAF and then became a citizen, I vote every election and exercise my rights as an American.
    Yes, they are poems. Limericks are a TYPE of poem. Like a sonnet, haiku, etc.

So there.

Correctimundo (to quote Latin, er, pig Latin?)

Generally, "poetry" per se is meant to be serious while "verse" can include limericks, doggerel, stuff like Casey at the Bat, etc. Perfectly acceptable to like all of it, serious and humorous.

Which is why I enjoy doggerel like "Evolution" and also serious stuff like Eliot's "Wasteland" (April is the cruelest month, breeding lilacs out of the dead land) or "Love Song of J Alfred Prufrock" (I have measured out my life with coffee spoons). And Blake, or Yeats:

"What rough beast, its hour come round at last, slouches toward Bethelem to be born..."

Keen, the way a few words can create great images in the mind. (so does the man from Nantucket)
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,717 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    There was a young fellow named Chris,
    Found a bucket of aged ambergris,
    And he said, with a grin,
    I'll dump cast bullets in,
    And have greasy cast bullet bliss.
    :tooth:

Good one, but, what misguided genius.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,400 Senior Member
    Like Jessica Rabbit said, "I'm not bad; I'm just drawn that way". :rotflmao:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    The question was what would I rather be...not my kids or dogs. ME.

At least I now have an idea of what republicans think of the average voter. Thanks.

Nice try. The idea was *IF* you were a dog. We had no idea you'd take it so literally.... YOU made that comparison, not anybody else.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    tlc361 wrote: »
    I lived in the USA since I was ten, served in the USAF and then became a citizen, I vote every election and exercise my rights as an American.
    I am glad to have you both here on the forum and as an American. Thank you for your service.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Those ain't poems...they're limericks

Oh, you mean Irish poetry?:tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!