Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

More on Nugent

124»

Replies

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,493 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Airedale, If Nugent committed ritual suicide, would that satisfy your lust for justice?
    Seppuku with a broadhead?
    Overkill is underrated.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    Airedale wrote: »
    Bis,

I question your accusation about glossing over facts.
    The fact is that your boy Nugent wounded a bear with his bow while hunting with an archery license, abandoned the search for the wounded bear, and then took a second bear with his rifle. Violating the Alaskan game laws and every ethical practice of hunters world wide. The burden of game laws is on the hunter, not the guide.
    Got me so far?? Is that "breathless"?
    I'm not going to allow you to escape without your explanation of why you defend an obvious game law violator.

Question to your heart's content.

Anybody can ask questions about the things they refuse to understand, and pepper their comments with gossip that they can try to pass off as facts, to frame an argument that they believe they are competent to make. They are usually classified as blow-hards, though, by anyone who takes an objective point of view.

You have presented no worthwhile comments that would persuade me to go back over the points I've already made.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    Seppuku with a broadhead?

Dive from a tree stand clutching a dozen broadhead arrows with the points against his chest.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,158 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Dive from a tree stand clutching a dozen broadhead arrows with the points against his chest.

Go all Treadwell and have to live with wild bears unarmed....... so he can be rendered down into bear family sized portions.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    Go all Treadwell and have to live with wild bears unarmed....... so he can be rendered down into bear family sized portions.

We could always just arm the bears:

funny-animal-captions-animal-capshu-5.jpg

Sayin' :tooth:
    ― Douglas Adams
  • tv_racin_fantv_racin_fan Senior Member Posts: 660 Senior Member
    Airedale wrote: »
    Yep, the perfect world in hunting related activities would be to have the hunter read, understand the local laws and adhere to them.
    Pretty simple, isn't it? That's what we all try to do.
    Except for folks who regard themselves above the law.
    As best as I can understand, Nugent wounded a bear with his bow, abandoned the chase to recover the wounded animal (nice thought) and took a second bear with a rifle on the archery license.
    Anything political about this? I think not.

You must have thought it was political else you would not have posted it in the POLITICAL FORUM.

Just the same I am trying to find out where you got the killed a bear with a rifle on a bow permit. Now I have to admit that I do not know the hunting laws of Alaska but here in my own state you get the permit and hunt with whichever legal weapon you like.

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=huntlicense.prices

Maybe you can point out where I can purchase a bow permit or a gun permit. Sure looks like I can purchase a hunting permit and use whichever weapon is legal.

Now care to explain how Ted killed a bear with a rifle on a BOW permit?
    I've asked him the same question several times. Asked for a link to the charge of killing a bear with a rifle on an archery permit. So far he has NOT made any response except to make the same tired old unsupported accusation.
    ― Douglas Adams