Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

The NAACP now stands behind the Stand Your Ground Law!

SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior MemberPosts: 5,462 Senior Member
http://m.jacksonville.com/news/crime/2012-04-21/story/naacp-weighs-what-they-say-stand-your-ground-case-against-jacksonville-0

Funny how it is easy to forget how you were just bashing something when it now makes sense...
Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
Wambli Ska wrote: »
I'm in love with a Glock

Replies

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,670 Senior Member
    I can't wait to see them flocking to join the NRA, per Ann Coulter's advice.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Well on the one hand I'm happy that the NAACP is taking a side for "Stand Your Ground" but this by no means absolves the group of other sins.

I love Walter Williams' statement about the NAACP. And Walter is a Black Man, a great black man at that. In fact he's just a "Great American!" He says the sole purpose of the NAACP is to give the black vote to the Democratic Party.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    cpj wrote: »
    There MUST be more to this. 20 years for firing a shot into the ceiling?
    Call me skeptical, I aint buying it.

You know there is. And I get suspicious anytime the NAACP is involved. They're famous for wanting to right a wrong and take advantage of the law to fit their agenda. Even a law as basically sound as something like Castle Doctrine or Stand Your Ground. They'll use it to their advantage this time, but then when the wrong people (For their agenda) are involved, they'll trash it.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • blkdragon1212blkdragon1212 New Member Posts: 1 New Member
    Well, it's about time! Having said that, this is a leopard that will not be changing it's spots anytime soon. The NAACP, that grand old asylum for the helpless, was once a proud defender of the right to bear arms, and liberty. That little fact has slipped the mind of the vast majority of people of color.

It was not until such understanding, that if people are to be free and protected went south, no pun intended. A serious blow was taken by the organization, highlighted by the killings of Medger Eves, Dr. King and other civil rights workers.

In fact, during the mid-fifties a Mound Bayou, Mississippi black Doctor by the name of Howard was approached on more than one occasion to provide armed security for Dr. King, and others when threatened with death! Many blacks provided their own security in similar situations. This type of action was supported by the NAACP, Oh how I pine for the days of common sense and truth.

Time for a little history for the organization, the NAACP was organized not just as an organization to marshal freed blacks political/economic power(which was formidable) it was instrumental in supporting the right to bear arms in that mission. Yet, with the volatile sixties, non-violence(taken to illogical extremes)castrated the organization giving us what we have today. The impotent slave of the left dedicated to deliver 90 plus percent of the black vote to a group of people who promise to make things better, for people who can't seem to see that these promises have yet to be upheld. It kind of reminds of the AARP's blind support of the left, but I digress.

We must fight the good fight, maybe there is hope. Being able to protect one's family, life, and property is red, white, and blue not just black or white. The last time I checked, projectiles have no regard for color of the target. Bad guys I have dealt with didn't seem to care little if the house they were entering was theirs or not. Even less for the lives and property they freely take. It is a darn shame that an inanimate object, such as a bullet, has the ability to do what far too many humans don't, the ability to disregard the color of a persons skin.

I am attempting to overlook the motivation by the NAACP's reasons for taking this stand. I want to say that this chapter(Florida), remember we have not heard from the national organization, is taking this stand for all people. I can't seem to shake this nagging question. Would they have been in line with the law if the accused were white, where are they on Zimmerman? I no longer believe in the Easter Bunny, therefore hold little hope for this action to be anything more that a political ploy. Which begs the question, is right right, even when done for the wrong reasons? I guess all is not lost though. As long as good people hold the right people's feet to the fire we will continue to win converts of all stripes. In a unified front to uphold the principals for which this country was founded.

My Father believed in this country, and God rest his soul. So do I!
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,086 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Very well put. Welcome.
    I concur, eloquently written and LASER accurate :worthy:

Welcome :beer:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Well, it's about time! Having said that, this is a leopard that will not be changing it's spots anytime soon. The NAACP, that grand old asylum for the helpless, was once a proud defender of the right to bear arms, and liberty. That little fact has slipped the mind of the vast majority of people of color.

It was not until such understanding, that if people are to be free and protected went south, no pun intended. A serious blow was taken by the organization, highlighted by the killings of Medger Eves, Dr. King and other civil rights workers.

In fact, during the mid-fifties a Mound Bayou, Mississippi black Doctor by the name of Howard was approached on more than one occasion to provide armed security for Dr. King, and others when threatened with death! Many blacks provided their own security in similar situations. This type of action was supported by the NAACP, Oh how I pine for the days of common sense and truth.

Time for a little history for the organization, the NAACP was organized not just as an organization to marshal freed blacks political/economic power(which was formidable) it was instrumental in supporting the right to bear arms in that mission. Yet, with the volatile sixties, non-violence(taken to illogical extremes)castrated the organization giving us what we have today. The impotent slave of the left dedicated to deliver 90 plus percent of the black vote to a group of people who promise to make things better, for people who can't seem to see that these promises have yet to be upheld. It kind of reminds of the AARP's blind support of the left, but I digress.

We must fight the good fight, maybe there is hope. Being able to protect one's family, life, and property is red, white, and blue not just black or white. The last time I checked, projectiles have no regard for color of the target. Bad guys I have dealt with didn't seem to care little if the house they were entering was theirs or not. Even less for the lives and property they freely take. It is a darn shame that an inanimate object, such as a bullet, has the ability to do what far too many humans don't, the ability to disregard the color of a persons skin.

I am attempting to overlook the motivation by the NAACP's reasons for taking this stand. I want to say that this chapter(Florida), remember we have not heard from the national organization, is taking this stand for all people. I can't seem to shake this nagging question. Would they have been in line with the law if the accused were white, where are they on Zimmerman? I no longer believe in the Easter Bunny, therefore hold little hope for this action to be anything more that a political ploy. Which begs the question, is right right, even when done for the wrong reasons? I guess all is not lost though. As long as good people hold the right people's feet to the fire we will continue to win converts of all stripes. In a unified front to uphold the principals for which this country was founded.

My Father believed in this country, and God rest his soul. So do I!

Sir, this is beautiful. Welcome to the forum. Your words remind me of one of my heros, Dr. Walter E. Williams, another great American.
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,543 Senior Member

:agree:

Just doesn't look right on its face. Also, without knowing all of the facts, this looks like a situation of mutual violent tendencies.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    God bless You blkdragon1212 !!!

Welcome to the forum !!
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,713 Senior Member

Agreed:that:
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    blkdragon1212, welcome, and hope you post other times and in the shooting, personal defense, hunting and club areas of this forum.
  • BullgatorBullgator Member Posts: 393 Member
    That was a powerful first post sir! I hope you decide to stick around here for a while. Please tell us about yourself.