Norway, it started?

bruchibruchi Senior MemberPosts: 2,582 Senior Member
The loss of life is the worst part of all of that situation of course but this morning I could not miss while reading the newspaper, first thing is a description of the "confessed" killer: "A gun loving fundamentalist christian"
If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,429 Senior Member
    It's hard to muster up much sympathy for people who willingly become a flock of sheep when the wolf arrives and does what wolves do. Would it have taken over an hour to deal with the problem if even a few people at that camp were armed? The situation is tragic, but hiding one's head in the sand leaves the other end in a vulnerable position!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,582 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    It's hard to muster up much sympathy for people who willingly become a flock of sheep when the wolf arrives and does what wolves do. Would it have taken over an hour to deal with the problem if even a few people at that camp were armed? The situation is tragic, but hiding one's head in the sand leaves the other end in a vulnerable position!
    Jerry

I am not aware of the particulars in this situation or others for that matter and this will come as a very cold thing to say but even if no one is armed in a situation like this after a couple of human beings are shot dead in front of one and you realize you are in line to get killed with no escape options I like to think that the clear option is to grab the fist hard thing/s there are around and throw as hard as possible at the shooter and close on to him to disarm/do as much damage to this person/s, if the odds are so much on the side one is gonna get shot and cannot escape I have to go down fighting.
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,942 Senior Member
    I only have the paper for a refernce on the situation, but after the 20th or 30th victim and I am still on the island, it is time to inprovise and take care of the shooter. Me and the wife could only think, what a bunch of sheep, one man/woman with some fortitude could have minimally motivated others to stand up if not stop the shooter outright. Sad all the way around, Just Prayed:angel: for the survivors and the families of the dead.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    Loss of life in a situation like this is alway a tragedy..... I wonder which country will be next? Strange description of the "confessed" killer, "A gun loving fundamentalist christian" I always considered my self a Gun loving fundamentalist christian...........
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    Jerry

:that::that::that:

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,149 Senior Member
    This turd is not a christian...he is a self-admitted Darwinist. According to some news blurbs I heard and read, this was made-up by some liberal journalist.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,737 Senior Member
    This turd is not a christian...he is a self-admitted Darwinist. According to some news blurbs I heard and read, this was made-up by some liberal journalist.

Same thing happened with the press with Jared Loughner after the Tucson shooting. Right-wing hate speech drove him to kill.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
    Why do these mass murderers keep surviving the arrest process?
    Jerry
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,661 Senior Member
    Jerry

I have been wondering about this for sometime.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,744 Senior Member
    Jerry

It's Europe, do their police even carry guns?
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,737 Senior Member
    Jerry

Because cops in the western world aren't gonna put them on their knees and execute them. As much as they would like to.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,697 Senior Member
    Hopefully this isn't true, but I read on a news snippet that under current Norwegian law, he might only be sentenced to 21 years if convicted.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    Jerry

I don't know Teach, but I wish I did.....

[QUOTERe: Norway, it started?
    This turd is not a christian...he is a self-admitted Darwinist. According to some news blurbs I heard and read, this was made-up by some liberal journalist.][/QUOTE]

Now that explains a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "It is what it is":usa:
    Jerry

Because as much as the police might *like* to just shoot a bastage like this one, whoever did shoot him, unless they can show that either their life or someone else's was in imminent danger at the time, would then be charged with a felony. They'd lose their entire career, be jailed, and their life essentially ruined.

Now... that doesn't mean a thing to someone who is a career criminal, and already has a record, little chance of getting a good job, or have a family that they're providing for, but it would be for all intents and purposes the complete ruination of their life for anybody who has dedicated their life to enforcing the law. The vast majority of those of us in law enforcement take great pride in successfully separating our own personal feelings from the professional execution of our jobs.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
    So, the same bucket of whitewash that gets slathered over a botched no-knock raid that results in the murder of an innocent civilian wouldn't cover somebody who shoots one of these animals caught in the act of mass murder? Horse puckey!
    Jerry
    It's bad enough, when the progresso-lib media fails to tell the truth, or exaggerates a story, but now the New York Times is an outright lying publication. Their front-page breaking story a couple of days ago said in an editor's column, that the shooter was a right-wing Christian fundamentalist. Nothing could be further from the truth. "Newspaper of Record" my big ole' butt.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    Jerry

By the time they get to them there's too many folks around including the media.
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,744 Senior Member
    It's bad enough, when the progresso-lib media fails to tell the truth, or exaggerates a story, but now the New York Times is an outright lying publication. Their front-page breaking story a couple of days ago said in an editor's column, that the shooter was a right-wing Christian fundamentalist. Nothing could be further from the truth. "Newspaper of Record" my big ole' butt.

Whatever he was, he was clearly politically and ideologically motivated in his actions.

From his own writings:
    "Multi-culturalism (cultural Marxism/political correctness), as you might know, is the root cause of the ongoing Islamisation of Europe which has resulted in the ongoing Islamic colonisation of Europe through demographic warfare (facilitated by our own leaders)."

"The ideology that has taken over Western Europe goes most commonly by the name of "Political Correctness." Some people see it as a joke. It is not. It is deadly serious. It seeks to alter virtually all the rules, formal and informal, that govern relations among people and institutions. It wants to change behaviour, thought, even the words we use."

"Christendom is gradually being deconstructed. It is time that the Pope and his cardinals begin to resist the deliberate deconstruction of European Christendom. The process would, however, be quite challenging, but worth the effort as all Justiciar Knights who dies for their faith will be a great source of inspiration for generations to come. They will be role models. Certain, exceptionally brave and selfless, Justiciar Knights in the coming decades should even be considered as candidates for official veneration."

Words that come to mind that accurately describe his ideology include: radical, anti-Muslim, anti-multiculturalism, anti-maxist/communist. The most important of these however is RADICAL. Just because a person that commits a terrible act holds certain ideologies shouldn't necessarily mean that those ideologies and beliefs are somehow dangerous or invalid, even if he/she commits the actions in the name of those ideologies. For example if someone were to go on a murderous rampage in the name of his love of fluffy puppies, it wouldn't imply that all people who love puppies were somehow evil or dangerous.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
    According to "Inside Carolina":
    Norway SHOOTER = NOT a Christian...............................
    Breivik instead hails Charles Darwin, whose evolutionary theories stand in contrast to the claims of the Bible, and affirms: "As for the Church and science, it is essential that science takes an undisputed precedence over biblical teachings. Europe has always been the cradle of science, and it must always continue to be that way.

Breivik writes in his manifesto that he is not religious, has doubts about God's existence, does not pray, but does assert the primacy of Europe's "Christian culture" as well as his own pagan Nordic culture.

Read more: Terrorist proclaimed himself 'Darwinian,' not 'Christian' http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=325765#ixzz1TAkW1bOn
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    So, the same bucket of whitewash that gets slathered over a botched no-knock raid that results in the murder of an innocent civilian wouldn't cover somebody who shoots one of these animals caught in the act of mass murder? Horse puckey!
    Jerry

Nope. If you *CAN* catch them "in the act", it's a good shoot, and you're clear... but if they surrender after being surrounded (like they come out of a building after being told via loudspeaker to surrender, or if they're unarmed when they are found), the officer who shot him would be tried for murder. Whether or not they've just killed one or 500 people, as long as they're no threat when caught, *legally* you can't shoot them (however much you might LIKE to). Now... if he's still holding a gun when you catch up to him.... he's fair game, but most of these sorts of criminals are cowards and have no intention of facing an ARMED opponent.

Luis

ps. I totally agree with you about some of these "no-knock" raids. Totally unwarranted, and they should be held accountable as criminals if they shoot an innocent civilian.
  • jgunpilotjgunpilot Member Posts: 211 Member
    Much as we always have a Lone Gunman in this country when someone gets shot, in Europe there must be a PC fall guy. They'll fit him in to whatever mold they want, but the last thing they'll do is examine their own immigration policies or the lack of response of the police or even the sheep-like behavior of their own people. The latest I heard was that a girl on the4 island saw a news helicopter and "came out from hiding" to wave to them, thinking the police had arrived to rescue her. Her parents want to sue the news people because they exposed her to danger. Yet no one has any criticism for the dozens of people who apparently made no attempt to save themselves or attack the shooter. The very thought that people should have protected themselves or dealt with the situation never even comes up. Just wait for the government,they'll take care of it for you, right?

Here are some more things that made me say, "Hmmm" to myself: 1) The police took 90 minutes to get to the island because their helicopter crew was ON VACATION. 2) As people called in to the Norway version of 911 from the island as the shooter attacked they got a recording that the police were dealing with the bombing in Oslo. One emergency at a time, please.

I think it's another sign of where we'll be in ten years.
    "Remember, the state appointed psychiatrist is not your friend." - Jack Handey®
    Think that big part of the problem is how Hollywood and the media has created a lot of ignorance regarding the "gun myth", we must keep in mind that we are gun enthusiast and know more regarding them than the average citizen and look at it from this place.

When a gun is present everyone freezes and hopes that they will be missed, left alone or do they just wait to get shot?

If a person or a group is attacked by an animal with no means of escape would they just lay there and let the animal kill them or they would put at least the resemblance of a fight?
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,115 Senior Member
    Hard to blame Hollywood's influence in Norway.
    Overkill is underrated.
    Hard to blame Hollywood's influence in Norway.

In no way, shape or form that I blame what happened on Hollywood and this includes having anything to do with the mental state of the killer. What I mean is that Hollywood has done a huge job of making guns in the average person's mind an object that is infallible, that a "BAD" person with a gun is someone that can only be taken down by a HERO with a gun.

i suppose that the initial perception a person has if someone walks in a crowded place and shoots someone is that it is a "personal" issue among the shooter and the victims and has nothing to do with them so there is no need to get involved. At some point when someone continues to randomly shoot everyone in sight some folks should get the notion of what is really happening but as they are unarmed and the killer has a gun they have been taught to believe that attacking this person is not an option when in a situation like that one it is the only option.

They have movie theaters there and television...Hollywood IMO does not create or influence crime, some folks might be inspired by it but the decision of doing crime is not directed by movies, games etc. Now blockbusters, those full of shooting and car chases are seen all over the planet, that is the one product we make that we have been selling EVERYWHERE for about 100 years now and the formula of the HERO - BAD GUY - SHEEP used quite a lot.

Do you think that Hollywood spends + $100 million on a Blockbuster film for only 5% of the world's population to buy tickets to?

At one point ONE episode of the TV series ER cost $20 million to make due to so many stars getting a million per episode, they make a profit as this series are shown all around the world and the stars agents are aware of this so they take that in account when they negotiate for their clients, I mean even low budget soap operas made here in Puerto Rico, I know a few folks that produced them, sell all over Europe and Asia where they are dubbed into the corresponding language

The real money is overseas where those that are part of ~7 billion folks that can afford a movie ticket or own a tv set do so, it is the cheapest form of entertainment there is and yes they make "local" movies and TV elsewhere but Hollywood's product sells everywhere and then is heavily copied too, popular as blue jeans are, check out how much a pair of Levi's, Wranglers and so on legally sells for in Eastern Europe and how high a demand for them there is, some very discreet folks make a killing bringing contraband jeans into those countries and I know this because in another life I knew someone who did just that.

Everyone wants to be a "cowboy" and guess how "cowboys/gunslingers" became so popular worldwide?

Not a clue on the veracity of this but a friend from Argentina told me that circa WWII, the US would only sell penicillin to them if for every number of non US movies they showed on their theaters they showed a larger number of Hollywood's product.