Georgia granny thwarts 2 would-be robbers in shootout

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
Stuff like this just warms my heart when innocent folks decide not to be victims of crime and fight back. Go Granny Go!:up::up::cool2::cool2::guns::guns:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/24/georgia-granny-thwarts-2-would-be-robbers-in-shootout/#ixzz1svdbEdac?test=latestnews

"Authorities in Georgia say a grandmother foiled a robbery attempt by two armed men by getting into a shootout with them, injuring one man.

Police told The Telegraph that Lulu Campbell just dropped off her grandson at her daughter's house early Saturday morning when someone demanded money outside her car, threatening to shoot her.

Campbell says the man fired at her, missing. The 57-year-old fired back, striking him in the chest. Her truck sustained eight bullet holes in the hood, one in the grill. Both front side windows were destroyed. The second man fled after she shot at him.

Campbell, who owns convenience stores and gas stations, always is armed.

Police say 32-year-old Brenton Lance Spencer has been hospitalized and was charged with aggravated assault and attempted armed robbery"

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/24/georgia-granny-thwarts-2-would-be-robbers-in-shootout/#ixzz1sxDj6QsK
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    I love a happy ending, now if only Granny would upgrade that lil .32 for something with a bit more umph......
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,135 Senior Member
    Good for her! Now, if only she had killed him!

Now, when Brenton recovers from his wounds and gets a minimal sentence of probably 5 years with time served credit with 5 years probation, let's see what happens to a latte sipping vegan dude wearing girl jeans tickering away on his new Apple cell phone when the same thing happens...
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
    JasonMPD wrote: »

Now, when Brenton recovers from his wounds and gets a minimal sentence of probably 5 years with time served credit with 5 years probation, let's see what happens to a latte sipping vegan dude wearing girl jeans tickering away on his new Apple cell phone when the same thing happens...

That can't happen ! Gun control prevents crime !!!! The Justin Biebers out there can rest easy !
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • Uncle BSUncle BS Member Posts: 380 Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »

Not many of those in Macon Ga.:jester:
    cpj wrote: »
    Wow. I never knew I enjoyed grilled foreskin.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,135 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    That can't happen ! Gun control prevents crime !!!! The Justin Biebers out there can rest easy !

Doh! I forgot the Brady legislation stopped gun crime...silly me!
    Uncle BS wrote: »
    Not many of those in Macon Ga.:jester:

You'd be surprised...haha. It was like that around here for the longest time...now there are an alarming number of these de-masculinized "men".
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
    Actually, effeminate is the term.
  • BakermanBakerman Member Posts: 382 Member
    You know 57 aint all that old and right in my age range. A shooter....mmmmmmm. Till I read a little farther.

"It’s not the first time Campbell has shot at someone.

She said her late ex-husband was a police officer and taught her how to shoot. She said that in her native Philippines, only men carry guns.

A few years ago, she almost was robbed while in Roberta.

“My husband was a cop and my son was in military intelligence. They trained me how to shoot guns,” she said. But somehow she missed that would-be robber.

Sometimes she didn’t miss. Some 35 years ago, she shot her husband and his mistress after catching them together.

However, no charges were filed against her.

“After that, my husband said ‘I wish I didn’t teach you how to shoot!’ ” she said.

Campbell said she is very religious and donates nearly all the profits from her businesses to various charities, including the Fraternal Order of Police, cancer research and Haiti relief. She said she believes that’s why God spared her during Saturday morning’s shooting.

“I said they can’t rob me of anything. It all goes to (charities),” she said."

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2012/04/24/2494314/armed-georgia-grandmother-thwarts.html

...........or maybe not. Notice she shot her late husband .....................and his girl friend?
    Bakerman formerly known as Bakerman
    Perhaps it was righteous indignation..... :angel2:

When you consider an illness like AIDS, undiscovered infidelity is potentially as dangerous as pointing a loaded firearm at someone.