Founding Members ?

DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior MemberPosts: 9,496 Senior Member
Perhaps it would be nice to bring back the Founding Members status, since it was afterall,one of the things Marshal Dan started....

Edited to add: esp for those of us that were long time members before as well as after.
"There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996

Replies

• timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,607 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    Perhaps it would be nice to bring back the Founding Members status, since it was afterall,one of the things Marshal Dan started....

Edited to add: esp for those of us that were long time members before as well as after.

That's me; I am actually not a real person, just a sub progam written into the original forum, basically just a virus that won't go away....."imoit:
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,935 Senior Member
    I would think that Scott is working on that.
    Probably the records are not avail, we would have to rely on founding members :worthy: to fess up.
    Then how would us new guys know it was true :uhm:
    Founding members could :group: then :hug:
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • calebibcalebib Senior Member Posts: 1,701 Senior Member
    I missed founding member status on the old site by a few months but I wouldn't mind getting that honor here...
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    Then you gots people like ericb (among others) who's original sign up date was years before the founding members....
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 858 Senior Member
    The only record I have is off the Florida Sportsman site which was October 2002 join date
    NRA Benefactor Member
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 890 Senior Member
    I was listed as a Founding Member on the old site and approved by Marshal Dan.
  • john.41john.41 Member Posts: 309 Member
    I thought the new incarnation of the G&A forum finally brought an end to founding member status.

Who gives a flying flip.:popcorn:
  • ericbericb Banned Posts: 392 Member
    Then you gots people like ericb (among others) who's original sign up date was years before the founding members....

Thank you for the thought. I didn't pay you to post that. ( you get the upstairs couch now :wink: )
    "HunterJoe...You need to stick to topics you know about, which I realize is going to limit your post count."~Dan Johnson
  • DeanCDeanC Member Posts: 156 Member
    Maybe they could cross check e-mail addresses with subscription status and award a "funding member" title?

</don't need no stinking title>
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,365 Senior Member
    Never cared one way or another about the "Founding Member" deal. In some ways, it worked at cross-purposes that I believe were never intended.

Dan
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,334 Senior Member
    "Founding Member" status and/or high post counts can be hazardous to your health. Some folks are likely to dislocate a shoulder trying to pat themselves on the back!
    :jester::jester::jester:
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,726 Senior Member
    I'm with Teach on this.
    Either my posts are credible and contain good information, or they aren't. I don't need a title as justification of things I've learned over the last 40 years
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 890 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    I'm with Teach on this.
    Either my posts posts are credible and contain good information, or they aren't. I don't need a title as justification of things I've learned over the last 40 years

Only 40 years?
  • ericbericb Banned Posts: 392 Member
    Nomadac wrote: »
    Only 40 years?

Nonad

I would be pissed if I were you. You are still listed as a new member, and several others here most others are members.
    "HunterJoe...You need to stick to topics you know about, which I realize is going to limit your post count."~Dan Johnson
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    I think the "New Member" thing has to do with your post count. Mine went away once I reached a certain number of posts. Nomad's will too, I suspect.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,076 Senior Member
    Aye, Lad. I think it be 30. There's also a "senior member" for folks (not age) that you can reach past a certain count.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,334 Senior Member
    I think a few of us might qualify for "senile member" status.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,655 Senior Member
    Dan seemed to think it was important.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • NyGunownerNyGunowner Banned Posts: 328 Member
    Founding Member status was always screwed up, as were the dates and post counts, all of which got mangled in the various re-models of the forum.
    (Can ya tell I was never a fan of the idea? I was "around" before some, yet nobody ever asked.....)

I say let it roll from where we are and fuggedaboudit.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,600 Senior Member
    NyGunowner wrote: »
    Founding Member status was always screwed up, as were the dates and post counts, all of which got mangled in the various re-models of the forum.
    (Can ya tell I was never a fan of the idea? I was "around" before some, yet nobody ever asked.....)

I say let it roll from where we are and fuggedaboudit.

I agree with this. As I mentioned in a past thread, weather somone knows what they're talking about becomes evident fairly quickly on this forum and post count and join date has nothing to do with credibility or experience. There were/are several people on this forum that have little experience or knowledge about firearms but had early join dates and tons of posts. On the Florida sportsman forum there were people crying like babies about having lost their post counts and member numbers. On one forum that I used to frequent, your post count only increased with posts on "technical" forums and never went up on "off topic" stuff. That kept people from building up huge post counts and trying to sound authoritative on any given subject because of it. It might not hurt to do that here.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,607 Senior Member
    So if we loose our founding member status does that mean we don't get all the free guns and ammo we used to? :uhm:
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    It is indeed funny, I mean it is ok not to like the Founding Member moniker, but it seems the same folks nag you if you are an NRA certified instructor etc......

When does the nagging and waving the dirty end of the stick ever end ??????

I still have the dagger stuck in My back from when I was too sick to access the forum and
    Jonathan A. Smith, KD7HGK aka Spinabifida was looking for Me..... real class that.....

BTW that was Jun 5, 2004
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,726 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »

I still have the dagger stuck in My back from when I was too sick to access the forum and
    Jonathan A. Smith, KD7HGK aka Spinabifida was looking for Me..... real class that.....

BTW that was Jun 5, 2004
    Holding onto a wee bit of a grudge Karl?
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    "Holding onto a wee bit of a grudge Karl?"

Yes, I sure am Paul !

Because it was done by folks I thought were My friends !!!!!!!

Something I never did to anyone here BTW.

And just for the record, its not like I am really welcome around here anyway.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,606 Senior Member
    I would settle for just having the archives. Most of my own posts were drivel, but I did like having a resource for information given by people I have learned to trust over time.

But, I guess that doesn't sell magazines, or encourage folks to click on paying links.
    bisley wrote: »
    I would settle for just having the archives. Most of my own posts were drivel, but I did like having a resource for information given by people I have learned to trust over time.

I liked readin' yer posts. Not drivel to me. Besides, I learned to listen when my elders speak and I'll learn a lot. (/cheapshot) :jester:

When we gonna get together and wrestle?
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,606 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    When we gonna get together and wrestle?

Right after I learn to enjoy gladiator movies.
    bisley wrote: »
    Right after I learn to enjoy gladiator movies.

That will come AFTER we wrestle. Let's go. You be Grizzly Adams. I'll be Ben.

grizzly-adams.jpg
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Anybody else feeling a little creeped out right about now?
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    Did you mean to say "left out"?