Founding Members ?

Replies

• samfissuresamfissure Member Posts: 60 Member
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    Anybody else feeling a little creeped out right about now?

a LITTLE?? :yikes:
    Who is John Galt?
  • bmlbml Senior Member Posts: 1,075 Senior Member
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    Anybody else feeling a little creeped out right about now?

Feeling right at home in the typical forum manner.:tooth:
    scottd wrote: »
    The milk of human kindness is often out dated and curdled.

This is like watching a bunch or **** trying to hump a door knob.....
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,765 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    That will come AFTER we wrestle. Let's go. You be Grizzly Adams. I'll be Ben.

grizzly-adams.jpg

Let me be Ben...I don't do tie-dye.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,240 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    Let me be Ben...I don't do tie-dye.
    Buff can't grow a beard.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    Buff can't grow a beard.

Oh-ho... That stung, little man. You're next.
  • drsfefadrsfefa Member Posts: 405 Member
    bml wrote: »
    Feeling right at home in the typical forum manner.:tooth:

:agree:
    Responsible CCW is a lifetime commitment to Avoidance, Deterrence, and De-Escalation.
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,416 Senior Member
    Things are looking pretty normal now!
    Oh-ho... That stung, little man. You're next.

"Little man?" Little? Listen, stick-boy (and I do mean boy), I could pick you up one-handed, chug a beer with the other, kick your dog, and then slam you into a bloody pulp without so much as getting my hair messed up!
    Overkill is underrated.
  • bklysenbklysen Member Posts: 403 Member
    I think my goal is to stay under 30m posts, or wherever that cutoff is. That way, when I say sumpin' stupid again, you'll go easy on me due to 'NM' status. Brilliant, eh?

Sounded good in my head before I typed it, not real sure any more.....:punch:
    Well, you're a new fellow here, so we'll excuse your stupid statement.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • bklysenbklysen Member Posts: 403 Member
    Well, you're a new fellow here, so we'll excuse your stupid statement.

Thanks for the long leash. Did you make that hat in shop class? Quite fetching. :p (trying to ratchet up that post count...)
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    "Little man?" Little? Listen, stick-boy (and I do mean boy), I could pick you up one-handed, chug a beer with the other, kick your dog, and then slam you into a bloody pulp without so much as getting my hair messed up!

I'll break you open like a shotgun and pour your insides out.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,765 Senior Member
    Buff can't grow a beard.

Yeah, but he likes the fur collars and cuffs...though, on reflection, I think he probably prefers pastels to those 'earthy' shades.

Personally, I like to stick with camo, whenever possible. It coordinates well with my eye color and makes my butt look smaller.
    I'll break you open like a shotgun and pour your insides out.

You couldn't break a spaghetti noodle.
    bisley wrote: »
    Yeah, but he likes the fur collars and cuffs...though, on reflection, I think he probably prefers pastels to those 'earthy' shades.

Personally, I like to stick with camo, whenever possible. It coordinates well with my eye color and makes my butt look smaller.

Eye color? Smaller butt? This ain't G&A or GA, this is becoming GQ. Ya hair-gelled, cheeto-munching nancy-boy!
    Overkill is underrated.
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 890 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    I agree with this. As I mentioned in a past thread, weather somone knows what they're talking about becomes evident fairly quickly on this forum and post count and join date has nothing to do with credibility or experience.

I have never seen the correlation to high post counts and knowledge of firearms or what someone posts. My post count has always been low, as I read the posts that are of interest to me and if I believe I can offer something relative, I post it, if not I do not, just to create a high post count. Like someone said you often learn more by listening/reading they speaking/writing.

As to knowledge of firearms I would say more then some and less then others. Been shooting and collecting firearms for the past 60 years so must know something.Since I view several other forums and travel frequently, I do not have time to devote all of my time to only one forum, not complaining just stating my opinion.

With my user name Nomadac should indicate a knowledge of some other subject.
  • BillyDBillyD Member Posts: 191 Member
    I could have a really high post count and still know as close to nothing about firearms as I do now. When I am in the main form I keep my mouth shut because I have no knowledge that could be considered useful on the subject. I have learned a lot hanging around here reading though, some of it from people with quite low post counts.

And yes I am feeling a little creeped out right now.
    High post counts don't mean much to me. They could all be posts in the clubhouse or political forum, or folks could spend lots of time correcting you.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,666 Senior Member
    What does Founding member have to do with post count?
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    Founding members have been around long enough to get lots of posts.

Some of them get downright prissy when they lose that record.
    Overkill is underrated.
    Founding member had very little to do with post count. As I remember, there were quite a few founding members with low post count.
  • BillyDBillyD Member Posts: 191 Member
    I think that the main topic got derailed somehow. Founding member really has nothing to do with post count. I will go sit in the corner now.
  • Hugh DamrightHugh Damright Member Posts: 169 Member
    IIRC to be a "founding member" you had to have been registered here since a certain date and also you had to have some certain number of posts (I think it was one post a day average).
  • ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    Hell I'll admit..... I would love to see "Founding Member" above my screen name, just to add to my ego.... hehehehehe
  • Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,128 Senior Member
    calebib wrote: »
    I missed founding member status on the old site by a few months but I wouldn't mind getting that honor here...

ditto. Count me in. Been here forever. I remember Jim Rice, fer chrissakes.
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Why you ole Scallywag you !!!! Where have you been ???? :uhm:
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,416 Senior Member
    IIRC to be a "founding member" you had to have been registered here since a certain date and also you had to have some certain number of posts (I think it was one post a day average).

Hugh is right I was here before Dan and was not a founding member because of post count.
  • john.41john.41 Member Posts: 313 Member

Not sure if it was 1 per day, but my post count average was not high enough.
    Never was one to talk just to hear myself.........more of a listener I guess.
  • Bham ShooterBham Shooter Senior Member Posts: 609 Senior Member
    Some of them get downright prissy.

Why you gotta keep ragging on Buffy?
    Waah, waah... GET ON IT, DUDE.
    BillyD wrote: »
    I think that the main topic got derailed somehow. Founding member really has nothing to do with post count. I will go sit in the corner now.

Founding member was a different set of circumstances back then. I don't see the point in doing it now.
  • mkk41mkk41 Banned Posts: 1,932 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    Founding member was a different set of circumstances back then. I don't see the point in doing it now.

It's all about STATUS man , ya just ain't cool unless ya got STATUS!

If ya got FOUNDING MEMBER below yer name , everyone knows yer better than every other Johnny come lately. Yer hip! Yer the boss! You been around! You know more than all the others! You are DA MAN!
    "There are no victims , only volunteers!"