9mm +P

104RFAST104RFAST Senior MemberPosts: 1,262 Senior Member
I'm looking for 9MM +P FMJ, any suggestions, what mfg,where to by, Dicks,Gander,Ect
I live in Florida but could purchase on line if necessary. Thanks!!:guns:

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,887 Senior Member
    Welcome aboard.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 6,999 Senior Member
    Can't go wrong with Hornady XTP and Speer Gold Dot's, and the Corbon Power Ball looks good but haven't tried them yet.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,788 Senior Member
    +1 speer gold dots.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,656 Senior Member
    Is there a particular reason you're wanting +P FMJs? They're the absolute worst bullet design for self defense.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• airheadairhead Member Posts: 424 Member
    Wally Mart sometimes has 9mm in NATO. I know they are hotter than standard 9x19, but not sure how they compare to +P.
    This post has been made with 100% recycled electrons.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Is there a particular reason you're wanting +P FMJs? They're the absolute worst bullet design for self defense.

I wondered that myself, but figured the OP wants to practice with a round that has similar ballistics to a +P JHP, but maybe cheaper.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • tv_racin_fantv_racin_fan Senior Member Posts: 617 Senior Member
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    I wondered that myself, but figured the OP wants to practice with a round that has similar ballistics to a +P JHP, but maybe cheaper.

That was my assumption and would be what I would do were I using +p rounds for my carry 9.

On a side note I just learned that my carry 9 was designed with that very thought in mind (9mm+p). Turns out they made a lady version that had lighter springs and some other stuff because the standard springs and such were for +p usage... guess I might better rethink my intended carry round.
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    Welcome aboard!! I'll be over in your neck of the woods this weekend for the wife's 20 yr HS reunion. Offhand, I don't think you'll find what you're looking for at Wal-Mart, Dicks *might* have it, but Ammotogo.com or some of the other online sites listed above are more likely to carry it.

FWIW, I'd bet that this 147 grain stuff rated at 1000 fps would adequately simulate any +p ammo you're going to carry. http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/product_info.php/pName/50rds-9mm-fiocchi-147gr-fmj-ammo/cName/9mm-fmj-ammo

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug