Home Main Category General Firearms

Korean Garands?

ken55ken55 Senior Membernear Colorado Springs, COPosts: 782 Senior Member
Does anybody know the status of the Korean Garands that are supposedly going to come onto the US market? I read about this a few months ago but haven't heard anything since. Is it just a rumor or will these rifles be coming to the CMP or through some other channel?

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    First I heard Obama banned them. Then I heard these would be coming. So your guess is good as mine.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Denver,Co.Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    First I heard Obama banned them. Then I heard these would be coming. So your guess is good as mine.

I heard something like that too a while back. The first two Garand's I got in 2000 were through the CMP program. I wish I still had them. I hope these Korean Garands do arrive in the USA at an affordable price.. I wouldn't mind having another one.
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • wildgenewildgene Senior Member Cody, WYPosts: 1,036 Senior Member
    ...more specifically, Hillary & the State Dept. wouldn't allow S.Korea to export "their" dangerous weapons. Latest rumor I heard was "State" was going to allow some Garands, but no carbines. Just another example of bureaucracy gone wild...
  • ilove22silove22s Senior Member OregonPosts: 1,526 Senior Member
    nothing slower then the US govmt. just continue your daily life and wait. you wil hear it when they arrive.
    The ears never lie.

- Don Burt
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,581 Senior Member
    It would be nice to know this sooner rather than latter to get on line first!
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Manistee Natl ForestPosts: 18,288 Senior Member
    I have also heard that these Garands will not be going to CMP....but sold through commercial dealers...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • wddodgewddodge Senior Member Northwest OhioPosts: 1,150 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    I have also heard that these Garands will not be going to CMP....but sold through commercial dealers...

This is the rumors that I've heard also. I'm not counting on anything nice coming this way. They sure as heck won't be inspected/save as getting one from the CMP store.

I remember the ones SOG was selling a few years ago. I think they came from the Phillipean Isles and they weren't very good at all.

Denny
    Participating in a gun buy back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.... Clint Eastwood