Obama-UN Gun Control Treaty

Cheetoh734Cheetoh734 Senior MemberPosts: 714 Senior Member
This may have been covered before but I just saw this on Drudge today and wanted to link it in.

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2011/07/26/democrats-oppose-obama-un-gun-control-treaty

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,419 Senior Member
    I have received a positive response to my emails from one of my senators who signed on to the letter mentioned in the article. The other one's a RINO who might not survive his next campaign, or maybe we can convince him to retire before we have to boot him out. I'm not sure if he has signed on with his fellow Republicans or not. He's quit answering my emails!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • DeanCDeanC Member Posts: 156 Member
    This is a taffy pull. It provides Democrats from pro-gun districts cover to "prove" they are not anti-gun by voting against something that could never happen anyhow.
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    I don't think Odumba is stupid enough to do it but he can do an end around on the Senate and use an Executive Agreement type ploy. Treaties are hugely out numbered by Exective Agreements (in 2 terms GWB signed maybe 5 treaties but issued a couple hundred Exec Agreements) but they are used more becasue of the tape and time it takes. It would not be smart 'cause it would almost for sure be overturned by the SCOTUS first and foremost and then it would meant the END of his and those that support him in the move (Clinton, Pelosi and so on).

Not wanting to scare people but the idiot can pull something stupid still :silly:
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell