Home Main Category Clubhouse

Tips on Forum Features

Dan C JohnsonDan C Johnson In MemoriamPosts: 156 Member
I thought it might be useful to post some tips on making the most of the forum. I invite the Mods and others who have been here a couple to share some tips as well. And, of course, as you members find a feature you like tell us about it here. Please be specific about how the feature works.

I'll kick it off with a cautionary tale. After you opt to respond to a thread and type a response in the reply box you will see a large blue button to the left that says "Reply to Thread". Don't click it. If you do you will lose your reply and it will not post. You need to either hit Quick Reply or Go Advanced then hit Submit Reply. The Reply to Thread button only opens a new message form.

A very useful feature I won't to emphasize is "Subscribe to Thread". If you see a thread you want to bookmark for reference simply click "Thread Tools" in the gray bar at the top of the thread and click "Subscribe to This Thread" in the dropdown. A new window will open and you can select notification options and folder. I recommend you select "Through my control panel only" so you don't get an email every time someone posts to the thread, unless of course you want to. Then click Add Subscription and you are done. Any time you want to access your list of favorite threads just click "Quick Links" in the tool bar at the top of the page and then "Subscribed Threads" in the dropdown.