Home Main Category General Firearms

"I Hate 1911s"

Replies

• DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    I have used both, each has good points, like golf clubs, I could choose either platform depending on My needs and other factors.....
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    For all y'all easily offended..... You do realize that this guy is making these just for kicks, right? I doubt he hates either 1911's or Glocks. Just sayin. You'd think somebody personally insulted your mamma or something.
  • rbsivleyrbsivley Senior Member Posts: 1,255 Senior Member
    I realized I paid the same for my first car, 69 Simeca, and my 1911, full size SA, I got them both for $300. Well the car was $300 but I paid $250 and a HR .32 cal pistol.
    Randy

Rank does not concur privileges. It imposes responsibility. Author unknow
    For all y'all easily offended..... You do realize that this guy is making these just for kicks, right? I doubt he hates either 1911's or Glocks. Just sayin. You'd think somebody personally insulted your mamma or something.

I realized that in the first few seconds, it was comedy, but actually the presentation was quite factual too.........

In other words, It seemed to Me anyway, this guy really likes the 1911's, but he is sick and tired of hearing various silly gripes about the 1911's and made a video presentation to show how silly those gripes really sound............\

My take on it anyway...... and My two bits......
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    I guess my humor bar is set real low.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
    I like your warped twisted sense of humor !!!!! :cool2:
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,575 Senior Member
    Apexx wrote: »
    Offended? Are you a distant relative of John Browning or something?
    Poor quality and Juvenile? You just described 90% of the internet.

I was offended by his apparent expectation that this video was aimed real low. It's kinda like "I think you're dumb enough to appreciate this." Shows no respect to his audience.

Or maybe it does, according to the appreciation some here have for this.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,327 Senior Member
    Ok......someone has to do the age old AK47 vs M16 hate video now. Or has it been done?

AK's are for kids (they can't break them), and M16's are for women (they can lift them). My current preference for other people is that they shoot M16's, because I'll soon be swaging .375 bullets out of their spent brass.:tooth:
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
    "I was offended by his apparent expectation that this video was aimed real low. It's kinda like "I think you're dumb enough to appreciate this." Shows no respect to his audience.

Or maybe it does, according to the appreciation some here have for this."

Gene Wilder said it best as Willy Wonka & the chocolate factory,

" A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men."

Tee hee.......... :jester:

I did relish it..... Maybe with fave beans, liver and a nice Chianti !!!!
    An example of low bar humor...

20090318-noshirtnoproblem.jpg

An example of high bar humor...

a-neutron-walks-into-the-bar-nerd-joke-and-a-hottie-demotivational-posters-1296922914.jpg
  • rbsivleyrbsivley Senior Member Posts: 1,255 Senior Member
    I didn't think it was really funny but if it is to someone that's fine with me. I have a dry sense of humor any way. I watched it just so I'd know what ya'll were sparing about. It was obviously satire.
    Randy

Rank does not concur privileges. It imposes responsibility. Author unknow
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member

a-neutron-walks-into-the-bar-nerd-joke-and-a-hottie-demotivational-posters-1296922914.jpg

Oh my.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.

I wonder if she floats???? Any takers.....
  • OjibahineOjibahine New Member Posts: 25 New Member
    Bigslug wrote: »
    AK's are for kids (they can't break them), and M16's are for women (they can lift them). My current preference for other people is that they shoot M16's, because I'll soon be swaging .375 bullets out of their spent brass.:tooth:

M16's are for women cause they can lift them?????? Whatchu talkin about Willis?
    rbsivley wrote: »
    I didn't think it was really funny but if it is to someone that's fine with me. I have a dry sense of humor any way. I watched it just so I'd know what ya'll were sparing about. It was obviously satire.

:win::win::win:

Ha Ha, yah think ????
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    I think it's a stupid video, production-wise. Goes to show what you can do with a lack of imagination and a couple of friends.

He's got some good points, I think. The magazine on any auto is the linchpin of performance, but Colt makes fine magazines, and so do others. Some indeed will not shoot hollow points, some of the old , GI guns, but most (if not all) will. This is due to the guns being tuned for hollowpoints, and advances in bullet design to function through 1911s.

A double-stack 1911-ish gun would be like holding a brick. Anyway, the trend now seems to be single stack mags, like the new S&W Shield, the not so new Kahr. Slim is in.

I've owned two RIAs, one was excellent, the other wasn't. And have known lots of others' guns that were smooth and sweet. But you do occasionally get a bad one.

Overall, I was most offended by the poor quality and juvenile, intelligence-insulting point making. It was poor.

I disagree Gene. I think this guy's imagination is working great. He's imagining a bunch of stuff wrong with one of the most perfect designed hand guns ever made. It's so perfect that it has lasted and still popular after 100 years. I really think the guy in the video is just putting us on. It's nothing more than a parody.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • ApexxApexx Member Posts: 111 Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    I was offended by his apparent expectation that this video was aimed real low. It's kinda like "I think you're dumb enough to appreciate this." Shows no respect to his audience.

Or maybe it does, according to the appreciation some here have for this.

Or it could be that folks find it funny because it satirizes a significant group of people that blather about the 1911 superiority (for one reason or another) as if it is based in cold hard fact. I love me some 1911 as much as the next guy, but sheesh. It's about as annoying as listening to someone blather about how their kid is the best student or best athlete.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member

You're exactly right ghostsniper. He's putting us on. It's really just BS.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    As Originally Posted by rbsivley:

"I didn't think it was really funny but if it is to someone that's fine with me. I have a dry sense of humor any way. I watched it just so I'd know what ya'll were sparing about. It was obviously satire."

Key word: "Satire", the video was compiled or based on the many and various diverse gripes against the 1911......

It was not B.S. , only satire..... I had bought many 1911s in the past that their owners had given up on and sold Me quite cheaply, those original owners thought those guns were junk and that I was but a fool for buying it, truth is, I never lost out on any of those 1911 purchases, and I don't think it ever cost Me more than $ 50, to put any 1911 I ever bought into working condition......
    I wonder if she floats???? Any takers.....

Not only does she float, she's Coast Guard approved Type 1 PFD.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,663 Senior Member
    Sigh....The point of the video is to make fun of the people who 'worship' one particular handgun. Him acting sophomoric is the joke. He is making fun of how sophomoric some guys are when they get offended you don't follow their 'religion'....

It is even funnier if you actually know somone who 'worships' something to the point they will argue endlessly about it.... The guy is over the top,but you actually see kernels of truth in there...
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,118 Senior Member
    Not only does she float, she's Coast Guard approved Type 1 PFD.

Amazing how the well endowed female form can cause thread drift of such proportions.......
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,877 Senior Member
    It's her proportions that are helping cause the thread drift. You could say the drift is directly proportional to her proportions...
    I'm just here for snark.
    I'm not sure if it's proportions or amateurportions but either way :yikes:
  • 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,648 Senior Member
    If that's what you're going to derail a thread with... derail them all at least once- bazinga!
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,364 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio wrote: »

It is even funnier if you actually know somone who 'worships' something to the point they will argue endlessly about it.... The guy is over the top,but you actually see kernels of truth in there...

Sorta like the 270 argument........................:wink:
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,575 Senior Member
    If it's satire, it's poorly done satire. If he's doing it for his own kicks, he has a terrible opinion of his audience.

I'm not a fool for 1911s, it's not his argument I disagree with (although I disagree with some of it) it's the production values. I think the low standards of the video are insulting to the audience. It's sophmoric (juvenile). But some like that kind of humor, the Benny Hill types, I guess.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    Well, that explains why I like the video. I'm a Benny Hill fan.

BennyHill.jpg
    Top row, second from right :love:
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    Benny Hill was great.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.