Home Main Category Clubhouse

Real bad way to start the week

bruchibruchi Senior MemberPosts: 2,581 Senior Member
Brother has been in the hospital about a month now hoping to cure the infection and vascular issues on the leg he had some years ago part of his foot amputated, tests came back and they have to cut up the leg to just over the knee.

i don't know how incredibly selfish on my part this is but I feel like a big weight has been taken off me, even before he landed in the hospital this last time it was something I expected, brother has been dealing with this for a number of years now and he always looks for the "easy" way out, love the guy to death but he is incredibly lazy, as soon as possible he climbed on a wheelchair, even as walking with crutches or a walker was difficult but very doable and it has been me the one that has been constantly pushing him to do more, to get of his posterior and this brings continuous depression to me as he won't.

It is a big pill to swallow but people live fully after stuff like that, I hope he finally sees the light and realizes that he has to beat this and that to do so he has to make an effort.
If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,713 Senior Member
    :angel2:
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Sorry to hear it- - - - -I hope he does well. A couple of months ago, we lost a brother-in-law after he had a part of his foot amputated. He just gave up and passed on. Of course, he had been on dialysis for several years, so it was not entirely unexpected. The patient's attitude has a huge amount to do with how well they deal with major trauma, and some folks just can't deal with the stress. Maybe this one will be your brother's wake-up call to get busy and participate in his own recovery.
    Jerry
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    Sorry to hear of your brother's troubles.:angel2: It's hard to sit by trying to talk someone into doing what needs to be done. One can talk until they are blue in the face trying to get someone to change their ways, but until that person makes the decision on their own to change, nothing will happen. At least your brother has a brother that cares about him; that means a lot. Don't give up on him or stop trying to get him to do what he needs to do.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    Tell bro to watch this.
    Chris got both his legs blown off in Afghanistan. Kid is only 30-ish. Not only has he learned to walk on prosthetics, but he still trains, got out of his wheelchair, put George into it, and Chris pushed George around the range shooting drills so George could experience the different challenges being in a wheelchair presents.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,713 Senior Member
    Good luck to your brother.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    :angel2:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,581 Senior Member
    Thanks, they say that one has to adapt to things one cannot change, easy to say not so easy to do but I hope too that this gets my bro going in the right direction.
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    Hey Bruchi, would your brother happen to be a diabetic???
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,581 Senior Member
    Hey Bruchi, would your brother happen to be a diabetic???

Him, my mom and myself.

If I ever win the lotto first thing is a trip to Switzerland where I understand that for a lot of $$$ they cure diabetes and a lot of other stuff via cell regeneration therapy.
  • ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    I never heard of that before but im game. I have been a type 1, insulin dependant diabetic since age 2. Its real easy for people to sometimes look at me and say, "why dont you take better care of yourself?" But ya know, after years and years of doctors, parents, relatives, etc telling you that if you dont do this, this or that could happen. After a while you learn to not be scared and just then all of a sudden you kind of learn to expect it to happen. Instead of scaring me into doing right for myself when I was a child, they kind of made it backfire for me. But all in all, its a PITA dealing with balancing diets carbohydrates, insulin, blood sugar testing, etc.