Home Main Category Hunting

No cow elk hunting in the ID panhandle

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
The wolf invasion has eliminated cow hunting (even archery) in the panhandle zones this season.

However, we are able to buy 5 rifle wolf tags and 5 trapping tags. $31.75 each, even for non-residents

If anyone wants to help me "recover the elk population" the first tag is on me.

ETA: Resident tags are only $11.50.
When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

Replies

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,403 Senior Member
    Can't wait to see your boys first wolf hat!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 22,197 Senior Member
    If I was still driving OTR, I'd take you up on that. Though I'd have to borrow a rifle to do it with then
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    I prefer the fox hat.....

So, how hard is it to hunt wolves? What methods are used?

Call them similar to coyotes.

Cow elk calling, coyote howling, and fawn in distress works pretty well.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,953 Senior Member
    Use all 5 ...........wish I could help

Didn't they do a good job on that introduction?
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,871 Senior Member
    whens the season?
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • QuinianQuinian Senior Member Posts: 707 Senior Member
    You're basically my neighbor. I had planned on heading out that direction for an elk hunt this year. I could possibly swing by and tag a couple with you if the seasons are the same time as when I'll be there.