Who's interested in doing another/bigger Texas Shoot soon?

shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior MemberPosts: 5,425 Senior Member
Hey all, I can't speak for Big Chief or Bullsi but I felt that our quick informal "Texas Shoot" get together in Lockhart TX went great earlier this month.

What I would like to find out, is if anyone is interested in putting together another "Texas Shoot" this summer. Ideas on dates, locations, etc are welcome!

I vote on the range in Lockhart TX again (great range), sometime in August or early September. Who else is interested? ADRidge, Bullsi, Big Chief, etc?
- I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
"It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C

Replies

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    Hey, we share pics with you guys of OUR shoot.

Quid pro quo, Clarice.
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,425 Senior Member
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    Oh, oops. I didn't see that. :jester:

Well, in our defense, the forum crashed the day before the shoot.
    Excuses are like ________

Fill in the blank!
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Finally regaining my strength, losing weight helps, and I'm getting around mostly via a cane now. So it would be of great interest to me.

I'd be bringing only handguns and probably all .45acp but that's fine anyway. I'd also bring a female companion, of course.

Give me a bit more info on the Lockhart range, shotgun. I assume it's outdoor and that's fine with me.

And don't forget, Sat Oct 22 (day after the apocalypse), everybody is invited to the annual Montrose Beer & Gun Club cookoff and music fest here in Houston (100% goes to charity). Shotgun came last year and seemed to have a good time. More on that later.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
    Dates I'd likely be unavailable: Weekend of 10/22, being the Montrose Beer & Gun Club event. Also my bday is 9/9 but I could celebrate any weekend since there are no formal plans, and heck, I could celebrate at the shoot!

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • BPsniperBPsniper Banned Posts: 1,961 Senior Member
    I am interested. But it always depends on work.
    "....the true general purpose big-game cartridges used in this country come in but two calibers, .30 and 7mm. (the .270 Win. is merely a slightly aberrant 7mm whose bullets are .007" undersize.) -Finn Aagaard - American Rifleman, December 1986
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Sounds good to me, but I may have more schooling (2 weeks) in Huntsville/Redstone Arsenal in mid September. Another trip to that BBQ place:drool2: sounds good too, but maybe after shooting this time.:applause::guns:

Whatever date is convenient for you guys is fine with me.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,429 Senior Member
    Chief, be sure and get in touch while you're in Huntsville. Maybe we could meet up at Larry's Pistol & Pawn, and drool over some of their stuff. They've got an indoor range there, too!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    Sam,

Here is the range we went to: http://www.ctxpta.com/

Tentatively I'll be on orders with my unit from 15-29 August, so it may be September when I can pull this off.
    Shotgun, thanks for the extra info. Really sounds good. A perfect "day trip" for me, meet some of the club members, pretend I'm a better pistol shot than I really am, take some good pics.

Oh, yeah, Sat Oct 1 I've got Boz Scaggs concert tickets but hopefully another day will fit just fine.

• LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    I would love to come down to my second home for a weekend shoot; trouble is the scheduling. Stay tuned...
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,762 Senior Member
    BPsniper wrote: »
    I am interested. But it always depends on work.

Same here. I have spent half this month on the road, and next month is looking like it could go sideways as well.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • ADRidgeADRidge Member Posts: 173 Member
    I'm game. Just let me know when and I will try to be there. May be traveling quite a bit in sept/oct, but I can move those trips around
    In space no one can hear you scream... but if you put a helicopter up there, some jerk would complain about the noise!
    How does the 3rd weekend in September sound to everyone? August, unless my Army orders change, just filled up for me.