Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Bedford County dead dog receives voter registration forms

NomadacNomadac Senior MemberPosts: 902 Senior Member
AG Holder is fighting varies States Photo ID laws that would prevent voter fraud, while a Dead Dog receives Voter Registration Form. Yet he denies that voter fraud is a problem.

http://www2.wsls.com/news/2012/jun/18/bedford-county-dead-dog-receives-voter-registratio-ar-1996759/

:roll:

Replies

  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    So, Alpha, are you saying that a few million votes by illegals/ineligible voters couldn't turn a close election? Remember the poo storm in FL Re. Bush/Gore?
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    Yeah those votes could turn an election for sure, but, it would turn in the direction most liberals would like so that doesn't bother them. Can someone please explain to me why showing a picture ID to vote is such a bad idea? I have to flash an ID everytime I buy a 6 pack of beer so I think something as important as voting should be given the same level of scrutiny as getting some cold ones!
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,463 Senior Member
    They aren't caught or convicted because they aren't discovered when they don't have to show photo identification....
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,137 Senior Member
    If anyone actually had evidence of millions of illegals/ineligible voters/dead people/etc actually successfully registering to vote and then voting and not having their vote disqualified then i'd be concerned.

    You've never spent much time in Chicago or Detroit have you?....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    You've never spent much time in Chicago or Detroit have you?....
    Or outside of his liberal thinking mind, for that matter.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Al Franken got to be a senator by voting the graveyard and the prisons. He got thousands of fraudulent votes.
    Jerry
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,988 Senior Member
    If anyone actually had evidence of millions of illegals/ineligible voters/dead people/etc actually successfully registering to vote and then voting and not having their vote disqualified then i'd be concerned. I've searched and failed
    If you havent seen any, then the failure is in not seeing through adgenda glasses.
    Ed Rendell in PA started with 2400 votes in a precenct in Filthydelphia, there were other precincts with less on the machines also, all Dem votes, though the machines were just "being tested" before the vote.

    They bus people IN to vote (DEM) in Pittsburgh, there is no id required so there is no way to tell if that person is actually a resident or not. They have been caught going poll to poll.

    They bus mentally disabled people to the polls and then "help" (as in pull the lever for them) them vote for Obama, after coaching them for a few weeks.

    Chicago is amaturish when it comes to voter fraud. You want to see a Democrat machine at work, come to PA.

    IMO, we need voter ID required, and make election day a national holiday, then end early voting, and unless you are in the military, OR have a letter saying you are going to be out of your district by more than 400 miles, on a company letterhead, you don't get a absentee ballot.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    So, Alpha, are you saying that a few million votes by illegals/ineligible voters couldn't turn a close election? Remember the poo storm in FL Re. Bush/Gore?

    I sure do remember that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    Nomadac wrote: »
    AG Holder is fighting varies States Photo ID laws that would prevent voter fraud, while a Dead Dog receives Voter Registration Form. Yet he denies that voter fraud is a problem.

    http://www2.wsls.com/news/2012/jun/18/bedford-county-dead-dog-receives-voter-registratio-ar-1996759/

    :roll:

    Eric Holder is just as big a lier as B. Odummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If voter registration fraud is running rampant now,just wait until we can actually 'Vote on line' ..... that day is comming!
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,463 Senior Member
    Let me ask you this. If you are not worried about loosing votes for your party, what is the big deal about showing your ID? I mean, if I write a check at the store, they ask for my ID. That is kinda silly by your logic, I mean, didn't they ask to see my ID at the bank when I opened the account?

    They are trying to fight this same battle here in SC. In SC if you are unable to go get a photo ID, they will send someone to take you to get it free of charge. But of all the people whining that elderly people without a photo ID won't be able to vote because of this new law, not one single person has taken the state up on this.
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,146 Senior Member
    . You also still have to show some form of id (not necessarily photo) which can be your voter registration card or qualifying bill with name and address at the polls.
    Actually, your mistaken on that statement
    in Nc and I would guess other states you just have to be able to say your name and verbally give your address.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,146 Senior Member
    I just looked up the voter registration form for Nc, you fill in the blanks and do not have to submit
    documents nor do you need a form of ID number.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Can someone show me how showing an ID is necessary at the polls when your information including proof of residency and SSN has already been checked by the state board of elections when you registered to vote?

    O.K. Say you are behind the desk at the voting precinct checking in voters. Your precinct has 8500 registered voters. Are you trying to blow smoke up my six telling me you know each and every one of those 8500 voters by name, sight, and address? How do you know that the voter registration card is not a false duplicate gained by fraudulent means? Any fool can memorize the name, address, and other info necessary to fill out the card for voting. The chances of the person behind the desk knowing that you are, or are not, that person are pretty slim. Showing a valid photo I.D. proves you are who you say you are.

    Bars and package stores require I.D. to purchase booze, and photo I.D. is required to enter many state and federal buildings, and you think nothing of it, but scream like a gut shot hog at having to show photo I.D. to vote. Your logic inhales vigorously.

    And since you work as a contractor for FedGov, I bet you have a photo I.D. issued to you that is required to enter your workplace. How about that can of worms?
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    A poll of convicted felons who actually voted in that election (illegaly) conducted by Fox news indicated they ALL voted for Franken. Fox researched the voter registrations, compared them to prison records, knocked on the illegal voters' doors, and asked them about their votes on camera. The dummies were PROUD of their illegal votes. Not a single felon claimed they voted for the Republican candidate!
    Jerry
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    The silence is deafening!
    Jerry
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,146 Senior Member
    Did you look at the post with the quotes directly from the VA board of elections? The first part is a Federal law for the first time you vote in the state. It applies to all states for first time voters. The chance of fraud for people who have been registered and voted in the same place for years is pretty small don't you think?
    What do I care what Va does, this thread evolved to the country by the time I posted.

    Fed law or not, Nc does not have those requirements on their web site.
  • ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    Proof please or at least a shed of evidence. Lots or rumors and conjecture here. Voter fraud is a felony so if it really is as rampant as you guys suggest the larger issue is a failue if enforcement. Given that most states are currently controlled by Republicans why aren't you guys screaming at your R state AGs to scrutinize the voter rolls and investigate?

    Btw bussing in voters is not a crime or fraud. Lots of people in the country don't have cars. A lot of the people who are bussed are also elderly and the elderly lean conservative overall.
    Thats because age brings intelligence.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Age also brings senility, and the folks the dummycraps are busing in can barely walk, let alone make an intellignet decision about whom to vote for. I've seen the parade of senile citizens bused into polling places in Nashville, always accompanied by political operatives masquerading as health care workers, who "assist" them in the voting booth. Some of them obviously have no idea where they are, or what they're supposed to be doing. It's pretty disgusting! My aunt was one of those volunteers until she got so senile she needed help casting her own votes. Her friends in the precinct were happy to assist her!
    Jerry
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,988 Senior Member
    wrong:
    The first part is a Federal law for the first time you vote in the state. It applies to all states for first time voters.

    in PA you need a drivers lic #, or the last 4 of a SS, OR check the next box stating that you have neither to register to vote.

    http://www.votespa.com/portal/server.pt/community/applications_and_forms/13509
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 902 Senior Member
    During Primary elections, I saw a video on Fox of a guy with the name Eric Holder went into a vote polling place in D.C. and claimed he left his ID in his car and wanted to vote. He said he would go out and get it and the poll worker said no problem he would give him a ballot. He had Eric Holders address, etc. The man said he would prefer to get his ID and left, but this demonstrated how easy it is to vote in many polling places without any photo or other ID.

    Alpha and you don't think this exists? How naive.
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Age also brings senility, and the folks the dummycraps are busing in can barely walk, let alone make an intellignet decision about whom to vote for. I've seen the parade of senile citizens bused into polling places in Nashville, always accompanied by political operatives masquerading as health care workers, who "assist" them in the voting booth. Some of them obviously have no idea where they are, or what they're supposed to be doing. It's pretty disgusting! My aunt was one of those volunteers until she got so senile she needed help casting her own votes. Her friends in the precinct were happy to assist her!
    Jerry

    I don't doubt it one bit Teach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sad but true Some one somewhere will always find a way to beat the system seems like....
    The silence is deafening!
    Jerry

    Teach, it usually is after the facts and truth are made know in a debate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Teach....
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    Creating excuses and scapegoats is far easier than accepting the fact that the majority of the country did not agree with you.

    I think you would believe it if MSNBC was alleging it.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    We are all susceptible to confirmation bias (part of my reason I spend so much time here to expose myself to other views).

    That's mighty thin exposure to other views. It is basically the equivalent of just sampling 'what the rednecks are thinking,' when you consider the level of your political education vs those who oppose your viewpoint, here.

    If you really want to be honest with yourself, examine the ideology of your party, and why they have to hide their real intentions. And if you really, really want to be honest, read something like Ameritopia, by Mark Levin, and try to disassemble it, point by point.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,632 Senior Member
    PS then again I completely understand the underlying logic for why so many strong partisans want to believe so strongly in the mass prevalence of voter fraud. I mean when you believe so strongly that your side is absolutely correct, how could you possibly lose a fair election? I mean the other guys HAD to cheat didn't they? It happened with liberals in 2000 and 2004 and you guys have been raving about it since 2008. Creating excuses and scapegoats is far easier than accepting the fact that the majority of the country did not agree with you.

    True enough, there is plenty of bias to go around....but let me flip that coin for you. You ask for proof that there is 'significant' voter fraud. Let's say for the moment that there is no such proof. That being the case, the argument against voter ID is that making it so will make little difference. But, little difference is some difference, and so the counter argument is that doing so will only increase the integrity of the voting process, though possibly only a small amount. Now, here comes the coin flip: Since it can be established that there is some voter fraud (you said it yourself...maybe an insignificant amount, but some) why not have voter ID? What sort of proof of 'disenfranchisement' can you offer to make voter ID a bad thing?
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Tell me something- - - -how often have you worked at a polling place, either as a volunteer, or a paid political operative? One of my brother's first cases after receiving his law degree was presented before SCOTUS concerning Tennessee's prohibition of political activity within 100 feet of a polling place. He and his now-ex wife challenged the law in Federal court, alleging that prohibiting political speech near a polling place was discriminatory since any other form of speech, sales, religious, etc. was permitted. They lost their case, but the mere fact that the supreme court heard the case made his career as a trial attorney a lot more successful.

    No, that case has nothing to do with the topic at hand, but your totally theoretical arguments about the minimal likelihood of voter fraud (which are pure hogwash, BTW) are utterly incorrect. I have seen blatant abuses of the election process firsthand, over decades, perpetrated by both parties, which you dismiss as irrelevant. The dummycraps are just more likely to engage in such shenanigans. Or maybe you think I'm lying?
    Jerry
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,632 Senior Member
    Well, I won't presume to know or even care what other states do, but I will say that one of the major provisions of WI's new ID law (which unsuprisingly will NOT be in effect until after the elections in Nov due to one anti-Walker judge who levied (sp?) a permanent injunction against it's implementtion) was that ANY legal resident who does not currently have a photo ID can get one gratis. I find it funny that the "If it saves just one seal/baby whale/spotted owl/public-funded whatever, then it's worth it" crowd finds ensuring 'just one' vote too restrictive. Tell me: How do these poor souls, these downtrodden and put upon,how do they survive? How have they gotten to this point in their lives that they find themselves without having an ID? Have they never gone to the library? Bought OTC cold medicine? Rented a movie? Travelled ANYWHERE? Written a check? Gotten a bank account? This 'significant' portion of our society, these millions...how is it possible that we allow them to be so apart from the rest of us? Have we no shame?! Have we no decency?! What can we do to fix this? What mandate can we pass to make this better?
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,632 Senior Member
    PS the tin foil hat argument against it is that this is just another way for the government to force people "into the system" and onto the invasive new high tech, electronic "Real ID" that's going to track everything that we do!

    http://www.realnightmare.org/


    And the tin-foil hat argument for it is that actually going to get an ID is just too hard for most people. :tissue: :roll:

    Seeing as how we're all "in the system" already, I'd say that's pretty much a non issue...
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement