Battle of the battle rifles!

mkk41mkk41 BannedPosts: 1,932 Senior Member
Been wanting to say I really like the articles Garry James has been being doing on opposing battle rifles in G&A the last several issues. Since my hunting days are seemingly over , I've been considering selling and or trading most of my hunting rifles and shotguns and acquiring more historical military arms.
"There are no victims , only volunteers!"

Replies

• farm boyfarm boy Senior Member Posts: 987 Senior Member
    Those are good articles. You could just send those guns to me for proper disposal.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    I have a soft spot from them too ... 1 03A3, 2 M1 Garands, 1 M1 Carbine and 1 Remington Rand 1911. I'd like to have add another couple others but just haven't come across the right ones at the right price.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,052 Senior Member
    Since I retired, I became interested in collecting/shooting old military guns. So far I've got an '03 Springfield, Mk1#III Enfield, Type 99 Arisaka 7.7, K-31, K-98, '09 Argentine, M-38 Carcano. The Enfield and Arisaka are my favorites so far. Plus the Colt New Service in .455. I'm amazed at how well these guns are built and function and how accurate they are, ( Carcano NOT included) considering I never shot open sights a lot.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I wuz gonna ask about that Eyetalian rifle, then I finished reading your post......................:buff:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!