Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

SCOTUS- - - - -is there a method to their madness?

TeachTeach Senior MemberPosts: 18,428 Senior Member
At first glance, it would appear that the court has dealt Arizona's immigration laws a pretty severe blow. True, they allowed one small item to stand, sort of, but it's taking a lot of effort for the governor out there to call the ruling a "victory". Almost immediately, the corrupt goons at the injustice department piled on with a couple of pokes in the eye for Arizona- - - -they're refusing to cooperate with Arizona cops who need citizenship and/or criminal record checks, and they've set up a telephone snitch line for people to complain about Arizona law enforcement. Isn't Odumbo stretching things a little?

On the surface, this looks like a victory for Odumbo, but I'm wondering if maybe the SCOTUS justices have just given him enough rope to hang himself? He's made several comments that have been critical to the point of disrespect for the court, including one in a State of the Union address. It wouldn't surprise me if they're giving him free rein to be as much of a jackazz as he wants to be. For such a narcissistic jerk to get permission to act like a fool, it might never occur to him that he can alienate enough voters to get himself thrown out of office- - - -which solves the problem! Even Romney isn't likely to be such an idiot as to whiz off a body as powerful as the supreme court!
Jerry

Replies

• BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,763 Senior Member
    I sincerely hope that a body as powerful and as capable of making far-reaching and difficult to undo decisions as the Supreme Court isn't making rulings based solely on spite.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    Ya bring up a good point there Teach... As far as the question you pose: "Is there a method to their madness" the question still stands. I don't know if there is a method to their madness or not, sure doesn't seem like it sometimes does it.
    Isn't Odumbo stretching things a little?

I would say Odumbo has been stretching things a lot for the last 4yrs.
    For such a narcissistic jerk to get permission to act like a fool, it might never occur to him that he can alienate enough voters to get himself thrown out of office- - - -which solves the problem!

Hey Teach, someone once told me many many moons ago that the deffinition of a FOOL was 'Someone who is never afraid.' I think that might apply here.
    they're refusing to cooperate with Arizona cops who need citizenship and/or criminal record checks, and they've set up a telephone snitch line for people to complain about Arizona law enforcement.

AG Eric holder strikes again huh? One would think that the taxpayers money could be better used on something else besides a usless snitch line????????
    "It is what it is":usa:
    Bigslug wrote: »
    I sincerely hope that a body as powerful and as capable of making far-reaching and difficult to undo decisions as the Supreme Court isn't making rulings based solely on spite.

One can only hope Bigslug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    they're refusing to cooperate with Arizona cops who need citizenship and/or criminal record checks, and they've set up a telephone snitch line for people to complain about Arizona law enforcement. Isn't Odumbo stretching things a little?

Teach, I had to get away from the computer for a while after reading this. Now I am somewhat settled. I can't believe what's happening to this country. By setting up a "SNITCH LINE" the justice department or 'injustice' dept. as you so correctly put it, is opening a can of worms and a pandora's box, that can't be closed. This is nothing more that a "Tempest in a Teapot" type deal. Does the DOJ not realize the implications and madness that can result from this? Every illegal mexican, hispanic, Islamic, etc., will be calling in for everything and anything. I hope it doesn't reach the point of total frustration, where all the Arizona LEO's quit and start to seek other jobs. If that happens then may God help Arizona, and this country. We have got to stop Odummby and the likes of him, and Eric Holder and the DOJ this election. Failure to do so will have dire consequence's on whats left of the once known USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Here's an idea- - - - -one of the tactics the tree huggers use to harass manufacturers (laundry detergents, pesticides, etc.) is to robo-call their toll free comment lines repeatedly to complain about their products. It floods the phone system and causes it to crash. Why not mount a grass-roots effort to do the same to the gripe hotline? Passing on such a proposal on various political websites might just cripple their system, if not defeat it altogether!
    Jerry
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,865 Senior Member
    They will be overwhelmed with BS calls and probably won't be able to respond to anything. This administration has a habit of end-running every obstacle thrown in their way....Supreme Court rules against them...end-run. Congress gets in their way...end-run. I think we're all pretty tired of this BS and I hope the rest of the country is as well. I read somewhere this morning, if the SC rules against Obamacare, they are still going to implement some of the provisions that they legally can anyway. Talk about Chutzpah!
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!