Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

House votes to hold Eric Holder in contempt of Congress

JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior MemberPosts: 8,227 Senior Member
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/28/house-holds-holder-contempt/

I wasn't sure they would have the balls to do this, but they did. There were even 17 democrats that voted to hold him in contempt. There were also two republicans who voted against the contempt charges.

The vote was 255-67 to hold him in contempt.

Now, the question I have is what, if anything, does this mean. My understanding of such issues is that it will now go to a special prosecutor in the justice department to further investigate this. You can guess where that will go.

I really think it's more of a dog and pony show than anything else. I guess time will tell.
Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Replies

  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,463 Senior Member
    Now to hold Mr executive privlidge to the same standards....
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 902 Senior Member
    See how they voted here http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2012/roll441.xml
    109 failed to vote, could that be because the NRA was watching?
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    Nomadac wrote: »
    See how they voted here http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2012/roll441.xml
    109 failed to vote, could that be because the NRA was watching?

    Most of the black caucus walked out. That probably explains it.
    Jerry

    Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,912 Senior Member
    Nomadac wrote: »
    ........109 failed to vote, could that be because the NRA was watching?
    They bailed on the vote...mostly members of the Black Caucus, who yesterday said they would do just that. They must think it was a raaaaaaaa-cist vote, even though a number of Dems voted yes as well. If it was a white Republican AG, they not only would not have walked out, they would have voted yes too. Pure hypocrisy.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,281 Senior Member
    Listening to talking heads the other day discussing the murders of 300 or so Mexicans and border agent Brian Terry. I found it very
    unusual that in all cases the F&F guns used in the murders were left at the location of the crime .It's as if they wanted them traced back to the US. Due to the rules of engagement at the time agent Terry
    was armed with bean bags when he exchanged fire with the BG's. This whole thing really smells.
  • avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 863 Senior Member
    Guns were left at the locations in order to make a point for gun control.........
    Grumpy old gearhead
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    If they go after the contempt charge on civil rather than criminal grounds, I hear that the process will go faster. In a civil contempt charge, he'd have to submit the papers to a federal judge who would rule on which ones he had to turn over, and which ones were exempt.

    This whole mess is beginning to smell like a really big coverup.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Nothing like being in the NRA's sights to make a politician squeamish! They might be in bed with the long-term professional pols, but they still swing a pretty big stick. I'm pretty sure GOA is also watching how the votes went.

    Holder is obviously providing cover for the white house crowd- - - -and they for him- - - -maybe all the way up the line to odumbo. He bragged to the gun grabbers some time ago that he had something working "under the table". It sounds like the prez is up to his eyeballs in F&F. Why else would he put his neck on the chopping block to hide these sensitive documents? Shades of Watertgate in deja vu?
    Jerry
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    They bailed on the vote...mostly members of the Black Caucus, who yesterday said they would do just that. They must think it was a raaaaaaaa-cist vote, even though a number of Dems voted yes as well. If it was a white Republican AG, they not only would not have walked out, they would have voted yes too. Pure hypocrisy.

    Ya got that right Make_My_Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Nothing like being in the NRA's sights to make a politician squeamish! They might be in bed with the long-term professional pols, but they still swing a pretty big stick. I'm pretty sure GOA is also watching how the votes went.

    Holder is obviously providing cover for the white house crowd- - - -and they for him- - - -maybe all the way up the line to odumbo. He bragged to the gun grabbers some time ago that he had something working "under the table". It sounds like the prez is up to his eyeballs in F&F. Why else would he put his neck on the chopping block to hide these sensitive documents? Shades of Watertgate in deja vu?
    Jerry

    Right on Teach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree with ya!!!!!!!!!!!:that::agree: I would guess that not only the NRA and GOA is monitoring the situation, but I might add, the RMGO, and JPFO, Second Amendment Sisters, and a few other Pro-gun groups/orgs...
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    If they go after the contempt charge on civil rather than criminal grounds, I hear that the process will go faster. In a civil contempt charge, he'd have to submit the papers to a federal judge who would rule on which ones he had to turn over, and which ones were exempt.

    This whole mess is beginning to smell like a really big coverup.

    Like Teach said Watergate all over again only different players this time.
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    http://hotair.com/archives/2011/05/25/obama-were-working-on-gun-control-under-the-radar/

    On March 30, the 30th anniversary of the assassination attempt on President Ronald Reagan, Jim Brady, who sustained a debilitating head wound in the attack, and his wife, Sarah, came to Capitol Hill to push for a ban on the controversial “large magazines.” Brady, for whom the law requiring background checks on handgun purchasers is named, then met with White House press secretary Jay Carney. During the meeting, President Obama dropped in and, according to Sarah Brady, brought up the issue of gun control, “to fill us in that it was very much on his agenda,” she said.
    “I just want you to know that we are working on it,” 9Sarah) Brady recalled the president telling them. “We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar.”



    Start at the bottom of this page and work upwards. If you want a good layout of the Fast and Furious mess that is at the root of this investigation. There's more than a small chance that Holder's refusal to turn over documents, and Obama's invoking executive privilege have more to do about covering their collective exposed butts than any other plausible reason. The below link lays out the whole thing from the beginning when Fast and Furious became exposed up to the latest. Doesn't take a conspiracy theorist to figure out that something stinks. It's a lot of articles, but worth reading if you want to have a grip on how and what went on.

    http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/atf-fast-furious-sg,0,3828090.storygallery
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • lightkeeperlightkeeper Member Posts: 168 Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/28/house-holds-holder-contempt/

    I wasn't sure they would have the balls to do this, but they did. There were even 17 democrats that voted to hold him in contempt. There were also two republicans who voted against the contempt charges.

    The vote was 255-67 to hold him in contempt.

    Now, the question I have is what, if anything, does this mean. My understanding of such issues is that it will now go to a special prosecutor in the justice department to further investigate this. You can guess where that will go.

    I really think it's more of a dog and pony show than anything else. I guess time will tell.

    I agree. Dog & Pony Show. The special prosecutor works for Holder - What good do you think he'll do. But the Prez stuck his nose in there, probably cause he has something to hide here. Hopefully folks are getting feed up with " executive priviledge " & governing by "excecutive order".
    Walking out on the vote was childish when the Republicans did it and it was childishly racist when the Dems did it yesterday.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,912 Senior Member
    104RFAST wrote: »
    .......I found it very unusual that in all cases the F&F guns used in the murders were left at the location of the crime. It's as if they wanted them traced back to the US. Due to the rules of engagement at the time agent Terry was armed with bean bags when he exchanged fire with the BG's. This whole thing really smells.
    It's quite possible these government scum-bags actually instructed the drug dealers to leave the guns at the scene, so they could use it as examples of American guns being used at crime scenes. Why else would they try so hard to keep this information from being exposed...they are all more crooked than 'tail of the dragon' in North Carolina. Maybe they even paid them to do it. These feces eating, sons of unmarried women are drooling to limit private ownership of guns.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    It's just politics, for now. Obama and his cronies will use any means to stall this past the election - very scary if you think about it, since he has actually started assuming dictatorial powers in his first term. If he wins, nothing will hold him back, and he can make this disappear. If he loses, he can destroy documents and pardon anyone who is guilty of a crime and anyone who might be willing to become a whistleblower.

    If the Republicans win, and then let this whole thing drop, that will also be a crime, in my opinion.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,632 Senior Member
    Not a damned thing will happen. All that can be done has been done and since Holder's cronies are in charge of this, no charges will even be brought. I don't know if Congress has the power to convict, but that is the only chance and it isn't worth much anyhow because the end result will just be a pardon.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,912 Senior Member
    Yeah, but it could keep the clown factory from ever working in government again.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,632 Senior Member
    Yeah, but it could keep the clown factory from ever working in government again.

    Maybe, but the lifetime healthcare and pension will be all they have to soften the blow of not having to work anymore.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement